Horror Aficionados discussion

eReaders/eBooks > Crap,..broken Kindle

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gary (glmoore) | 96 comments I sat on my Kindle and cracked the screen today. The only good thing is...it may be an excuse to buy a Kindle Fire.
Or what would you buy if cost was no object? Nook? Ipad?
gary

Gary (glmoore) | 96 comments I guess I better download the computer reader. Gotta finish the book of the month..gm

Armand Rosamilia (ArmandRosamilia) | 77 comments Kindle Fire... Nook seems to be losing traction in the marketplace quickly

Armand Rosamilia

11811 (Eleven) (11811) | 955 comments Kindle Touch is excellent if you prefer e-ink. The Fire is a neat toy but I wouldn't use it for reading.

Bobbie | 267 comments I love love love my ipad!!!!

Randy Harmelink | 619 comments Gary wrote: "I guess I better download the computer reader. Gotta finish the book of the month..gm"

They have the cloud reader as well.

You could call Kindle customer service, explain what happened, and see if they'll give you a discount on a new Kindle. I've seen a few of those offered to people in similar situations on the KindleKorner Yahoo Group. For example, one person got a new K3 for $70 after it went through the laundry with her clothes.

A lot of people on that Yahoo group have also gotten Square Trade extended warranties. It's supposed to cover accidents like that.

message 7: by Gary (last edited Apr 30, 2012 04:22PM) (new)

Gary (glmoore) | 96 comments I just finished chatting with cust. service. They first wanted $85 to replace mine with a refurb. Then i asked if I could get a refurbed Fire, she said yes then came back and said no refurbs in stock. She then dropped repair price to $65.I said I would have think about it and she thanked me and said if I changed my mind, they would exchange for the $65 when I chatted back.$85 was real close to 1/2 of the $199, $65 is not (I am a whiz at math, huh?). So, I don't know what to do. I bought my almost ex the newest low end Kindle last Christmas and actually liked hers' better because of the screen based keyboard.
I know I cannot live long without a reader. It would be convenient to be able to access the internet from work, the reason I am thinking about the Fire or the Ipad...gm

jennbunny Byrkit | 2094 comments All I can say is I love my nook tablet.

Gary (glmoore) | 96 comments I really want color!

jennbunny Byrkit | 2094 comments My nook tablet is color.

Gary (glmoore) | 96 comments Well, if I am going to stay with a standard tablet, I will just exchange this one. The Fire has no 3g which was the draw for me and the people on amazon forums say it is more of a web device than a reader.
I may drop the money for an Ipad later.
Does anyone know what the subscription for the 3g on the Ipad runs a month?

Bobbie | 267 comments I have wifi only

Bobbie | 267 comments http://www.dailysteals.com/?utm_sourc...

Gary Daily Steals has one for 64.99 today only until they run out

Benjamin (Ben21) | 207 comments Gary wrote: "Well, if I am going to stay with a standard tablet, I will just exchange this one. The Fire has no 3g which was the draw for me and the people on amazon forums say it is more of a web device than a..."

Ouch get an android based tablet, not an ipad. I have an ipad and an android tablet. I havent touched the ipad in years.

Lauren (love4leo) | 141 comments My kindle screen broke too (my daughter tried to use it for a step stool). I've been using my husband's iPad for a lot of reading and I really like it. I like that it does more than just books and the kindle app is free for iPad. You won't loose any of the books that were on your kindle.

Gary (glmoore) | 96 comments I am back...got the refurb kindle in the mail yesterday. But I still want some kind of device w/3 or 4g that I can use at work. Guess the Ipad is next....
Thanks for all the advice..gary

glenda (ayngelwing) | 1239 comments Hey! Does anyone know how to move a mobi file from my PC to my Kindle? An author sent me one of her books, and I can't figure out how to get it to my ereader!
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Randy Harmelink | 619 comments You can just email it as an attachment. Send it to your free Kindle address.

glenda (ayngelwing) | 1239 comments Randy wrote: "You can just email it as an attachment. Send it to your free Kindle address."

Ah, ok.... Then I just open the attachment on my Kindle? Sorry for being so dense! lol

glenda (ayngelwing) | 1239 comments Got it! Yippee!

Matt Cole (mattdeancole) | 15 comments The new Google Nexus 7 is launching in a couple of weeks. It will be the same size as the Kindle Fire and have similar features and cost the same. I have a Fire myself, but may swap it out for a Nexus 7 because some of the Fire features aren't available in Canada.

Grampy (goodreadscomGrampy) | 58 comments I've had the Kindle Keyboard, 4 of the Kindle Touch, a Nook, and the Kindle Fire HD. The Fire HD is far and away the best of the lot. It is basically an iPad for half price. Get the 8 GB model, because you'll never use 16 GB unless you plan to store a lot of movies and pictures in addition to your books. The 8 GB Fire HD will run $199 anywhere, but sometimes at Staples they also throw in a $20 gift card, so if you've got a Staples nearby, check them out before you buy.

Richard (inexplix) | 38 comments I did the same thing to my Kindle last week, sat down when it was in my back pocket. I am debating between just purchasing the screen and fixing it myself (very technically intuitive) or just upgrading to a Kindle Fire. It would be nice to have a color screen, for graphic novels and the occasional magazine.

unread topics | mark unread