David Edding's Fans discussion

David Eddings
This topic is about David Eddings
Discussions > Eddings Turned Me into a Fantasy Addict!

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Monique Rockliffe (SwordBearer) | 1 comments I was a teenager when I read The Belgariad and Eddings quickly became one of my favourite fantasy writers. As you can all imagine, no doubt, as a teenager one is a little less cynical and almost nothing is impossible, so it was easy to lose myself in the brilliance of his imagination and seeing myself as part of the story! It's what turned me into a fantasy writer! One of my favourites is still 'The Redemption of Althalus'. The Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings

message 2: by Alyssa (Lyss), Head Moderator (new)

Alyssa (Lyss) (Lyss4Music) | 20 comments Mod
It made me want to write Fantasy aswell!! Eddings is a genius!

Crystiannia | 3 comments I'm with you, Alyssa. When I was very little I used to like writing my own stories. After I read through my first batch of Eddings books it made me think, "I want to create worlds like this and people to live in them." And it made writing become much more of a hobby for me and more of a necessity. I'm not sure if it would have become a part of me if I'd never happened across his books.

Noura (NooNiiLee) | 9 comments Mod
I actually am a teenager so still living the Eddings dream. Read all his books *except Polgara & Belgarath* & I loved them all! His books got me into reading & I can't stop thanking him for that.

Terry Olaes (vandalous) | 1 comments Wait'll you read Belgarath and then end the series with Polgara. Love love love this series!

Katelynn | 3 comments I read his books and want to go write so bad, but I can't write after I've read a book because I accidentally mimic their style, makes me so mad because I always get inspired but when I write its going to be 100$ percent me, but he is inspiring, He is from the same area I am

Noura (NooNiiLee) | 9 comments Mod
Terry wrote: "Wait'll you read Belgarath and then end the series with Polgara. Love love love this series!"

Actually I couldn't find Belgarath in any bookstore but found Polgara.. So I'm reading it now, still on the look for belgarath..

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Redemption of Althalus (other topics)