Fantasy Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Old threads > What are you reading in January?

Comments (showing 101-108 of 108) (108 new)    post a comment »
1 3 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 101: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Have heart, Robin. I loved Game Of Thrones and cannot wait for the next installment! Give it an open minded try.

message 102: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 629 comments Oh I am - I'm actually looking forward to it

message 103: by Elise (new)

Elise (ghostgurl) | 611 comments I just read Coraline by Neil Gaiman yesterday. I had a lot of fun with that one and I'm looking forward to the movie. :)

message 104: by Jane (new)

Jane (jane_jones) I'm still reading Griffen's Daughter - hope to be done with it to participate in the discussion but probably need a few more days

message 105: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 860 comments Actually, the sections about Roland's early life in Wizard and Glass were one of my absolute favorites in the entire series. Not so much for the love story aspect, but the whole building tension in the town of Hambry...i loved the whole atmosphere of that setting too, and the Big Coffin Hunters......

message 106: by Robin (last edited Feb 03, 2009 12:12PM) (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 629 comments Well I'll let you know one way or the other - I've yet to crack - it but any day now - I'm trying to finish up Good Omens which is hilarious.

-- Wife of GR author Michael J. Sullivan: The Crown Conspiracy (10/08) | Avempartha (04/09)

message 107: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (Sandikal) Elizabeth wrote: "Robin, I am apparently the only person in the world who didn't like Game of Thorns. If you like epics in general you'll probably like this one."

I wasn't blown away by "Game of Thrones" either. It was okay, but not great. It left every single plot line open and had an outrageous cliffhanger ending. Plus, it's a huge book that's the first of something like 7 volumes and the series isn't even finished yet.

message 108: by Marc (new)

Marc (AuthorGuy) | 366 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Robin, I am apparently the only person in the world who didn't like Game of Thorns. If you like epics in general you'll probably like this one."

Not at all, I got turned off in the first book. Too cold, too many people, not enough characters, too plot-driven, and the little boy who likes to climb. I stopped watching Battlestar Galactica in the first episode, when the little girl waiting for her father got blown up.
I just don't like sending messages to these boards that are only negative.

1 3 next »
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell (other topics)
The Eye of the World (other topics)
The Name of the Wind (other topics)
Faerie Wars (other topics)
Griffin's Daughter (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael J. Sullivan (other topics)
Georgette Heyer (other topics)
Roger Zelazny (other topics)
Nora Roberts (other topics)
Terry Brooks (other topics)
More...