The Sword and Laser discussion

A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time, #14)
This topic is about A Memory of Light
What Else Are You Reading? > A Memory of Light prologue excerpt

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Tor.com has posted an excerpt from the prologue of the upcoming Robert Jordan / Brandon Sanderson finale to The Wheel of Time. I figured a lot of S&L people would want to read this as badly as I did.

http://www.tor.com/stories/2012/04/a-...

They also have a retrospective look at the former Wheel of Time cover artist who passed away last year. Might be worth taking a look at too.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/04/a-da...

terpkristin | 3240 comments Thanks for posting. :)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Amazon has their pre-order page up as well so if anybody wants to they can get it. I already placed my order. :)

http://www.amazon.com/A-Memory-Light-...

According to TOR's website the e-book won't be published until April 2013. I don't know why the disparity of 3 months but that is what they have as of now.

terpkristin | 3240 comments Ok stop making me spend future money! ;)

message 5: by Rik (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rik | 619 comments Micah wrote: "Amazon has their pre-order page up as well so if anybody wants to they can get it. I already placed my order. :)

http://www.amazon.com/A-Memory-Light-...

According to TOR's..."

The disparity is probably due to Harriet, Robert Jordan's wife and the one who has ultimate authority over all things WoT. Brandon Sanderson has talked on the very subject of e-books on his blog and how Harriet has only in the last few years become open to the concept of e-books. It took a lot of convincing from Brandon, editors, and the like to get her to allow even a delayed e-book release on past books.

message 6: by Rik (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rik | 619 comments Can't wait for this book. I didn't get into the series until seven books were out already but that was 1996 and its been a long wait for the finish. Those of us who love the series are very fortunate that Mr Jordan left such a good outline and notes and that a true talent like Sanderson was able to finish it from those.

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments terpkristin wrote: "Ok stop making me spend future money! ;)"

Amazon is horrible at that. I might be taking that day and the next off of work just to insure no interruptions.

terpkristin | 3240 comments Micah wrote: "I might be taking that day and the next off of work just to insure no interruptions."

I wish I knew what I'd be involved with come that time to see if I could take off. Alas, I don't know much of what I'll be working on past August, so even planning for nearer events (like PAX Prime) is tough.

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 1075 comments This is one book have to get, but not going to preorder this until 2013. I can't wait!

message 10: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam | 32 comments This is definitely one I want in hardback. Looks Christmas is coming late this year!

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Sam wrote: "This is definitely one I want in hardback. Looks Christmas is coming late this year!"

I told my wife the same thing. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that the release will get moved up a month or two in order to get it out by christmas. Marketing and all. I know that RJ's widow Harriett is working furiously on the editing and trying to get it done ASAP.

terpkristin | 3240 comments Sam wrote: "This is definitely one I want in hardback. Looks Christmas is coming late this year!"

Or very early 2013? ;)

message 13: by Rik (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rik | 619 comments Micah wrote: "Sam wrote: "This is definitely one I want in hardback. Looks Christmas is coming late this year!"

I told my wife the same thing. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that the release will get move..."

Wouldn't surprise me either. Brandon finished the first draft months ago and recently said he was halfway done with revisions.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert Jordan (other topics)
Brandon Sanderson (other topics)