Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince discussion

harry potter i cant believe it

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer i liked that j k rowling put harry and ginny together but i didnt like them spilting up i liked them as a couple it took long enough why spilt them up so soon

Chicklet I think that Rowling wants the reader to feel that way - because the characters felt the same way.
Remember, Harry broke up with Ginny so that she would not be a target. He did not want her murdered by Voldemort or the Death Eaters to get back at him. I hope that won't prevent you from reading the last book - it is well worth reading.

Jordz Prudz ye thats all very well but why kill dumbledore he could have given a bit more wisdom in last book like where the crown thing was or about the gringotts thing it aint fair that he died though is it eh?

Chicklet I had trouble reading the last part of book 6 I was crying so much. I was crying over Dumbledore's death for a week. I've never mourned over a book character before.

Georgia i will look out for that, see if i think the same.

Lucy/Sarah Bujold/Eggers i did like them as a couple to but ron must of felt very awkard

Fred D The whole thing of Harry breaking up with Ginney because he feared she would become a target is such a cliche in fiction nowadays. Didn't Peter Parker do the same thing with May Jane in Spiderman 2? How about Clark Kent and Lois Lane at the end of Superman 2? I've heard this song before. I'm not worried about Harry and Ginney. If they both make it to the end of Book 7 alive, I'm sure they'll get back together.

Steve Nelson I was really hoping that Harry and Dumbledore would get together at the end.

message 9: by Michael (last edited Jul 04, 2008 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michael That is very disturbing Steve.... thanks for that horrible image....

I thought it was very good how they got together and how she pissed the reader off by sending them apart...

But it all leads to one thing.... everything is up in the air for the last book and she did the job well...

Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* J.K is awesome at making the reader feel like they are really in Hogwarts.
It was practical to split them up, because it was an interesting twist. And yes, they were good together, but they were together in the end and thats the most important thing. J.K is my favourite author of all time, and she did a fantastic job. Many say this was their least favourite book and movie, but I think it was essential. The death of Dumbledore, Draco turning evil, Snape being the Half-Blood Prince... Harry and Ginny splitting up was interesting and a good part of the book.

message 11: by Lord (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lord Voldemort I dont like Ginny

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (other topics)