Dark Tower discussion

The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower, #4.5)
This topic is about The Wind Through the Keyhole
The Wind Through the Keyhole

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan, Lobstrocity Enthusiast (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dan Schwent  (akaGunslinger) | 95 comments Mod
Anyone finish The Wind Through the Keyhole yet?

Lou (LouPendergrast) | 8 comments No just 20% in.

Lou (LouPendergrast) | 8 comments Beginning looks good more fantasy like.

Erica I finished it yesterday!

message 5: by Dan, Lobstrocity Enthusiast (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erica wrote: "I finished it yesterday!"

How was it?

message 6: by Erica (last edited Apr 27, 2012 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erica I really liked it. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone though. I've heard some people complain it's not really a Dark Tower book because like Wizard and Glass 90% of the book is Roland telling a story about when he was younger (and in that story he tells a story). There's very little about their actual progress towards The Tower. For that reason I think calling it book 4.5 is overkill (and maybe that's why people are disappointed) but it is a good story and definitely adds to our understanding of Roland. I do agree that arguably it could have been published as two separate stories. Each story has its own merits but it is what it is.

Let me know when you finish! I'd love to discuss :)

message 7: by Dan, Lobstrocity Enthusiast (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mine was delivered today. There's a pretty good chance I'll have it finished by Sunday.

Dustin Nope, I'm 70 pages in, about 40 left before the end of The Skin-Man (Part I.)

message 9: by Kevin (last edited Apr 28, 2012 10:15AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 1 comments I finished it on Tuesday, but still have to think before I post up a review.

message 10: by Dan, Lobstrocity Enthusiast (new) - rated it 3 stars

(view spoiler)

Peter Undrell | 20 comments Yes and I loved every word. Beautiful little story and great to be back with the Ka-tet. Wasn't a fan of the price though.

Lynne | 2 comments Finished it on 11/9. Loved it. At first was disappointed that I wasn't getting to spend more time with the ka-tet, but the more I read the more I enjoyed it. Thankee once again to Sai King for these characters and their stories.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished it last year, and I loved it.

Honestly, though, anything and everything in this world is amazing for me. I love the comics, "The Little sisters of Eluria", all of it.

There were times when reading this made me tremble. I love what he does with words, and this one really swept me away.

Curtis Debaun | 1 comments I am currently reading Wizard and Glass. Should I read this next, or wait until after finishing book 7?

Drew | 1 comments I'm also reading Wizard & Glass right and am wondering the same thing. I'll be watching for more comments.

Andrew | 5 comments Erica wrote: "I really liked it. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone though. I've heard some people complain it's not really a Dark Tower book because like Wizard and Glass 90% of the book is Roland telli..."

I'm a bi late joining the discussion, but wanted to reply to the above.

Given the nature of the series, as well as how so many other King books/stories connect to it, I'm not sure how 4.5 fails to be a "Dark Tower" book. 'Salem's Lot, The Stand, etc. are not part of the series in the sense of books 1, 2, etc. but are still very much "Dark Tower" books simply because of the various connections. Progress toward the Tower isn't the only "criteria," I don't think, since really there are no non-Dark Tower novels or stories by SK. Storytelling within the story, or stories within stories within stories as it happens, are also part of the point of the DT series.

I don't mean to come across as taking it too seriously. I'm not trying to be a grump. I'm just sharing an alternate view.

Lynne | 2 comments Good point Andrew...you are so right

unread topics | mark unread