Future Survivors, the Apocalypse Group discussion

Dystopian Books Become Movies > Divergent movie

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The amazing book is turning into a movie!!❤ tooobiiias!

Www.divergentthemovie.com

Who should play who? What are the most important scenes to be included? Which could you live without? Comments and obsession is welcome!

message 2: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 115 comments Omg I am so excited!! Seriously can't wait :)

message 3: by Shera (new)

Shera (Sweb) | 1 comments I didnt know this, i am also very excited!!!! :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

call me an erudite, but every time I read an awesome book i look the title up online followed by "movie" to see if it's going to be a movie :) it's worked for me so far, as my old fave series, maximum ride, is coming out as a movie too! But, yeah, DIVERGENT FTW!!! Tobias.. ♥
Oh, and Erudite, Amity, Abnegation, and Candor are just too boring for me. I need action. Dauntless for meh:)

message 5: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 115 comments LOL, I don't know, you might be Erudite haha! I'm Erudite I think, which is why I joined the Erudite Readers group hehe. Hmmm, it's hard to guess who may play the different characters as for these YA movies they usually pick young actors/actresses who aren't very well known...

message 6: by Edward (new)

Edward Drew | 5 comments Go Amity!!!

message 7: by Edward (new)

Edward Drew | 5 comments BTW it's : www.divergentthemovie.net not .com :)

message 8: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 115 comments Cool thanks mate!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, whoops! Thanks for the correct link! :)
Giving the wrong link = #SWAGG

message 10: by Edward (new)

Edward Drew | 5 comments Brittney wrote: "Oh, whoops! Thanks for the correct link! :)
Giving the wrong link = #SWAGG"

It's ok :)

Melissa (TheBibliophilicCat) (TheBibliophilicCat) | 22 comments I am super excited to hear that this will become a movie. I loved the book!!! I love all the factions though, and I wouldn't know which one I would pick since they all have good and bad qualities.

message 12: by Suus (new)

Suus | 2 comments I didn't know! I'm so excited!! :D The waiting is going to kill me!! Is there a faction for overly inpatient / obsessed people? I would fit right in!

message 13: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 115 comments Me too lol!!

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie Joiner Dauntless all the way! Although Amity is so a close second(: And yeah, impatient/obsessed faction would be mine from the get-go.
I AM SO PUMPED! I think AnnaSofia Robb would be good as Tris, but I wouldn't be apposed to a new actress, or one that's just done independent films before (like Jennifer Lawrence and HG). In fact, I think that might make it better! I CAN'T WAIT!!

message 15: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie (KenzieWells) | 2 comments I just looked it up... 2014!!!! Are you serious! I just don't want to forget about it. I'm like.. banging my head against the wall right now!

message 16: by Anna (Bananas!) (new)

Anna  (Bananas!) Someone said on the Catching Fire thread that the Divergent casting sucks. Um, no casting news available to my knowledge.

Is there anyone you picture as Tris or Tobias?

message 17: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 115 comments Kenzie wrote: "I just looked it up... 2014!!!! Are you serious! I just don't want to forget about it. I'm like.. banging my head against the wall right now!"

Yep, I'm with you there lol

message 18: by Angel (last edited Dec 12, 2012 05:58AM) (new)

Angel | 9 comments The actress from the secret life of an American teenager. I think that horrible actress Shaline Woody. (I think thats how you spell it...)She is a horrible actress in my opinion. I tryed watching that show and it is a horrible show ugh. I hope she does better in this movie. There hollywood goes again messing up another good idea for a movie ugh!

message 19: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Noel | 4 comments Shailene Woodley as Tris is barely a pass for me. She's not short, tiny or ugly. I haven't seen her act personally, but I just wished they would've picked someone with more acting experience (since a lot of people have been saying that she's a horrible actress etc etc) and someone who suited the role more. But I guess it could be worse.

But to be honest, the thing I really care about is who will be cast as Tobias! <3<3

So far, the rumors say it's down to these four (pun intended) guys:
Lucas Till
Luke Bracey
Jack Reynor
Brenton Thwaites

First of all, I shall state my honest opinion on them:
Lucas - too boyish looking
Luke - too old looking. Is he really 23? He looks 30+
Jack - I'd rather not have him cast for the role, but if he is I'd be content.

Brenton Thwaites is PERFECT for Tobias! Like seriously, he is absolutely flawless!

descriptiondescription

message 20: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 115 comments Tiffany wrote: "Shailene Woodley as Tris is barely a pass for me. She's not short, tiny or ugly. I haven't seen her act personally, but I just wished they would've picked someone with more acting experience (since..."

I still remember him from Home and Away while I was living in Australia! LOL But yeah, he'd be good for sure :)

message 21: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannacapati) When is this coming out?

message 22: by Shosho (new)

Shosho | 3 comments I honestly tried to like this book. I couldn't though. Perhaps I will like the movie better.

message 23: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Crayton (RJCrayton) | 10 comments I've heard Zoe Kravitz is going to play Christina in the movie, which works for me, just based on photos I've seen of Kravitz. I didn't have any actors in my head when I read the book, so I'm open to anyone to star. Recently, movie versions of popular books have tended to stay close to the book storyline (Twilight, Hunger Games), so I feel like the movie will be close enough to the book to be good.

message 24: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Crayton (RJCrayton) | 10 comments Shosho wrote: "I honestly tried to like this book. I couldn't though. Perhaps I will like the movie better."

I wouldn't worry if you didn't like the book. There are a couple of blockbuster books I could never get into . Sometimes, it's just not for us. My husband gave up on the Girl with Dragon Tattoo but loved the swedish version of the film.

message 25: by Shosho (new)

Shosho | 3 comments Rj wrote: "Shosho wrote: "I honestly tried to like this book. I couldn't though. Perhaps I will like the movie better."

I wouldn't worry if you didn't like the book. There are a couple of blockbuster books I..."

Yeah I get what you mean. I would like to see a movie version of Matched, although I kinda really didn't like the book. I think, if done right, they could both make great movies.

message 26: by Felicity (new)

Felicity | 6 comments Just read on Wikipedia that Theo James is going to be playing Tobias. Pretty good choice, I think. Unknown enough to not bring the memory of another role to the movie and good looking! ;)

message 27: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Giovanelli | 1 comments Felicity wrote: "Just read on Wikipedia that Theo James is going to be playing Tobias. Pretty good choice, I think. Unknown enough to not bring the memory of another role to the movie and good looking! ;)"

Good looking indeed, though I picture Tobias a bit darker in skin tone and hair color...ahh they will never completely satisfy me.

message 28: by Edward (new)

Edward Drew | 5 comments I;m excited for a Maxiumum Ride movie as well!! However a lot of trouble has been encountered with it. Namely the director quitting and the screen-writer dying.

Here's what wikipidea said:

In September 2007, it was announced that a film would be created based on the Maximum Ride series. James Patterson will be the executive producer.[9] Avi Arad, who has worked on films such as Spider-Man and X-Men, will also produce alongside Steven Paul.[9][10] In an interview with James Patterson, it was revealed that Arad has already planned out the first two movies.[11] On August 7, 2008, it was announced that Columbia Pictures bought the screen rights to the franchise. The film was slated for a 2010 release.[12] Catherine Hardwicke was said to direct, but dropped out. Don Payne is writing the script.[9] In January 2010 it was announced that the film would go into pre-production. Hardwicke asked for a script rewrite to include more action in the film and hired Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby for the job, which subsequently delayed its estimated release to 2013. In February 2011, the Maximum Ride Facebook page posted that "The Maximum Ride Movie is Coming – In 3D!" and asked its Facebook fans who they would like to play Max in the movie.[13]
In a recent interview with USAToday, Patterson revealed he is hopeful for a film adaptation. Patterson took note of fan-made audition videos from User Based Casting, a fan-driven casting initiative for the upcoming Maximum Ride film adaptation, among others in his USAToday interview, commenting that "there's something like 9,000 Maximum Ride videos on YouTube, and some of them are stunning. I also think we're closer to the movie than we've been. I never know for sure in Hollywood, but it's definitely warm now."[citation needed]
The film ran into trouble in early 2012, when Catherine Hardwicke quit as the film director.[14] When asked about the odds of a movie still being made, Patterson claimed he was "...very hopeful as opposed to mildly depressed".[14] Trouble continued with the death of screenplay writer Don Payne on March 27, 2013.[15]

message 29: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Craig (tacr00172) | 2 comments im not excited at all.... there is no way they are going to make this movie as good as the book... im already disappointed with who they chose for the characters.... I hope im wrong

message 30: by Edward (new)

Edward Drew | 5 comments Taylor wrote: "im not excited at all.... there is no way they are going to make this movie as good as the book... im already disappointed with who they chose for the characters.... I hope im wrong"

Hey Taylor! Following you being disappointed with the casting, isn't that what we all thought about The Hunger Games adaption? I think the actors and actresses pleasantly surprised us.

message 31: by Alyse (new)

Alyse Bennett (Alyselouise) | 2 comments Taylor wrote: "im not excited at all.... there is no way they are going to make this movie as good as the book... im already disappointed with who they chose for the characters.... I hope im wrong"

I'm starting to feel the same way. I was so disappointed when they chose the cast :/

Future Survivors, the Apocalypse Group

unread topics | mark unread