Random House of Canada Ltd discussion

In One Person
This topic is about In One Person
Book Chatter > Calling all John Irving fans!

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 30, 2012 08:33AM) (new)

We are very excited to publish In One Person on May 8, 2012. Several readers in our office are raving about it, and we wanted to give you a chance to win an advance reading copy before the finished books appear in stores!

Click on this link to have a shot at winning a copy:
http://www.booklounge.ca/blogs/2012/0...

**This contest is now closed**

Buried In Print (BuriedInPrint) I haven't read a John Irving novel for about twenty years; I keep saying that I'll try another, and the theme of this one does appeal, and I know that a lot of readers are on the edge of their seats for whatever he publishes next, but I'm still not sure.

What do you think? Is this the Irving novel that will settle me into fan-dom?

message 3: by Bxrlover (last edited Apr 27, 2012 08:27AM) (new)

Bxrlover | 1 comments Buried In Print wrote: "I haven't read a John Irving novel for about twenty years; I keep saying that I'll try another, and the theme of this one does appeal, and I know that a lot of readers are on the edge of their seat..."

@Buried in Print his best(and most original IMO) books were A Prayer for Owen Meany and Cider House Rules. His others all seemed like minor variations of each other to me.

I want to be excited about this one, but worry that it will just more of the same. Sadly Irving has become a bit of a one trick pony.

unread topics | mark unread