Urban Fantasy series' discussion

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
This topic is about Magic Bites
Book Of the Month > May BOM: Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews

Comments (showing 1-32 of 32) (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Cardwell (hippiehello) | 5 comments I just started the third one as well. I'm really liking this series and the books are so good that you dont even know your hitting the end until your on the last page and like....NO!!!!

Sabrina | 4 comments This is an amazing series!!! I haven't read the spin off books yet... But Ilona Andrews has Currans POV I and II for free on her website once you finish...

Jennifer Cardwell (hippiehello) | 5 comments Really?? Is it his POV from earlier in the series or in new situations?

Sabrina | 4 comments i actually haven't read them yet! but vol 1 has some from the first four books but it's split into sections for each book. Vol 2 takes place after Magic Bleed and before Magic Slays

VOL II- http://www.ilona-andrews.com/books/eb...

VOL I- http://www.ilona-andrews.com/books/eb...

Sabrina | 4 comments amazon price for kindle is .99 or free on smashwords and website

Brianna | 63 comments This whole series is amazing. :)

Deepthy (DevilishDeepz) | 26 comments Okay I've done the whole series and am waiting for the latest one :D Happy reading to those who're just discovering it!

Jennifer Cardwell (hippiehello) | 5 comments well just finished all the books and can i just say that i LOVED THEM! I was so upset when i finished Magic Slays and realized i had no books left. I DID read the both Curran POVs and im glad that we got to see things from his perspective. Happy reading everyone!!

Elisa  (OCDReader) | 5 comments Ooh, everyone enjoy this book. I recently reread the series to date, getting ready for Andrea's book, and I understood things a lot better this time around. :) Thanks also for pointing out that Curran's POVs are free on smashwords - they are delicious good fun.

Nicky | 68 comments Just finished & I loved it! I've passed this series over for quite a while- so glad it's this months read-

Mattie (MattieDunman) | 12 comments I've read the whole series and absolutely love it. Kate is such a strong, quick-thinking heroine; very refreshing and encouraging in a genre that can sometimes overdo the 'plucky' heroine gambit.

Kimberly | 84 comments I love Kate and Andrea! It is always wonderful to read strong female characters. I'm looking forward to reading Andrea's novel. You can read a snippet from her novel in the blog on Ilona Andrews webpage.

Phil New member here. Is there a critical review of Magic Bites somewhere around? Haven't read the series though this book keeps popping up in my Amazon "recommendations" list.

Allison | 5 comments I just read the whole series. Very good!

Heather | 2 comments I am almost done with magic slays. I have to say Ilona Andrews hasnt disappointed me yet.

Christy (Christy_Kennedy) | 19 comments I'm on the second go around of this series and I am on Magic Slays. I found this series last year and was blown away with the incredible world building, character development and hysterical snark.
Kate and Curran give a new meaning to "Power" couple and that title fits them like Slayer to Kate and Warrior form to Curran.

Can't wait until Book 6 and Gun metal magic in July!

Nicole (nike13) I just finished this book. It was a good read but I felt like I missed book 1 for some reason. I can't wait to read more about Kate but is there another book that goes into more detail of the magic taking over and Kate's background?

Deepthy (DevilishDeepz) | 26 comments Agreeing with Scotia here :D In fact the more details she reveals, the more fascinated I get .... Especially when you read Magic Slays ..... July!!! Where ARE you?!

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 17 comments I have this one. I may try to read before the months out and join in the discussion.

Gennesse | 62 comments This book has been popping up on my recommendations list for awhile now. I kept avoiding it. It just didn't grab my attention... WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME?! I downloaded it last night, finished it today! I can't wait to read the rest of the series! So addicting. Great book of the month pick! :)Can't wait to find out more about Kate!

message 21: by Anna (last edited May 23, 2012 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna mmm don't think I'm quite as hooked as you guys. Thought book 1 was sloppy and only continued due to recommendations in another group. Book 2 was better,Book 3 was good and book 4 was excellent. Have put #5 on my to read list.
The Curran shorts are fun but they are just teasers. Best to read them as a reward when you have read the relevant book. Overall a good series but I felt it took 2 and a half books to really get going. :D

Anna lol I was thinking of trying that series out..I take it you're not recommending them then?

Ela Well...
Number 1 was pretty awful
Number two was better
Number three was really good
And number five was amazing, I'm absolutely hooked now!
Can't wait to read the next one!

Nikki (WithereRose) | 143 comments I just finished Magic Bites on Tuesday and I ordered the 2nd and 3rd book already. I absolutely loved it. I couldn't put it down! I'm glad I found this group because otherwise I would never have known about this book that is awesome :) started reading Grave Mercy today hopefully it's just as good :)

message 25: by Anna (last edited May 24, 2012 06:11AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Anna Well if you liked Magic Bites you'll beside yourself on books 2,3,4 :D.
How is Grave Mercy - it's on my to read list.

Ann (ReadsterQuilts) | 12 comments I started magic bites a few days ago and so far it is pretty good.a little different than my normal reads so i am discovering new things.yhank you for suggesting it

Kat Klein | 146 comments I enjoyed this series alot. Kate's a strong heroine, and she and Curran work well as a couple. I like the "unusuallness" of the world. It's different and detailed enough to be entertaining. I've read all of them, as well as the shorts and the PoVs. I'm really looking forward to more of Andrea and Raphael, as well as more of Curran and Kate. Can't wait for the next installments

Angel Ludwig (KayAngel) | 15 comments Phil wrote: "New member here. Is there a critical review of Magic Bites somewhere around? Haven't read the series though this book keeps popping up in my Amazon "recommendations" list."

Most of the books have critiques on the book page, if you scroll down. I agree that this isn't the best book in the series, but for a first book (ever), it rocks the beginning of the series pretty well. It's written by a husband and wife writing team and the combination of male and female PoV make for a good balance in the writing, mores as the series and their partnership in writing goes on..

Mattie (MattieDunman) | 12 comments I just reread this book and then ended up rereading the entire series again. The first one has never been my favorite, but Daniels does such a remarkable job of creating an intricate world...it's hard not to get sucked in again. Can't wait for the final showdown with Roland!

Mindy | 2 comments I started reading this series a few years back, and had started rereading it before joining this group. I think this series is great, manly because it is a bit different from everything else I have read previously. Not in plot so much as the setting. I am currently on the second book.

Dana I have read the whole series twice. Its my absolute favorite. Iam really excited forAndreas story Gunmetal Magic in July.

Nikki (WithereRose) | 143 comments @Anna: Grave Mercy was awesome! Great read in my opinion :D hope you get to read it and enjoy all it's glory :)

unread topics | mark unread