Shut Up & Read discussion

Completed-RI&R-Post Review Links > {Read It & Reap46}-Pazuzu's Girl

Comments (showing 1-48 of 48) (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia , The bookworm (last edited May 11, 2012 11:34AM) (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3850 comments Mod
Pazuzu's Girl by Rachel Coles Rachel Coles

Title: Pazuzu's Girl
Author: Rachel Coles
Genre: older Young Adult
Pages: 282

**Warning: This book contains mature situations such as sex, marijuana references, and violence. This book is suitable for mature young adults 18-22. **

Synopsis
Morpho Wilson thought her life was difficult enough. Her father is Pazuzu, the Mesopotamian demon of plague and the Southwest wind. As a teenager Morpho struggles against her father, while trying to adjust to high school in a new neighborhood. The family is constantly moving in an attempt to elude Pazuzu’s murderous ex-wife, a demoness known for killing children.

Then something unique happens. A socially-impaired classmate becomes so intrigued by Morpho that he pursues her, despite the mystery surrounding her family and the danger that accompanies it.

But before their romance can grow the demoness tracks Morpho down, and now only needs an ancient artifact called the Tablet of Destiny to complete the destruction of the world. The tablet confers on its owner the ability to control the fate of everything and everyone on earth.

Once the tablet is discovered in the Middle East, the oldest and most powerful gods begin a battle for its possession, with the human population caught in the middle. Morpho, her family, and her new friend must decide, do they escape from the horrifying demoness or fight for their own destiny. How far will Pazuzu go to save his daughter from a hellish fate? Will his banishment from Heaven so many millennia ago end up being a curse...or a blessing?

The first 20 people to sing up leaving their email will receive this free Ebook!!

Review Due Date: May 8,2012

Reviewers
Leah- leah_jade95@hotmail.com
Ebere-ebere98b@aol.com
Bonnie-Bonbonmomof3@yahoo.com
Amos-debbie.cassidy35@googlemail.com
Marik-marikshouse@yahoo.com
Sharon-sharonscraps@satx.rr.com
Jodie-jodieorclark1@msn.com
Tawna-allforlost@yahoo.com
Gatha-gathagn@gmail.com
Keksisbaby-Keksisbaby@gmx.de
Suzanne-digitalangel3@gmail.com
Michelle-tensai_mjj@msn.com

message 2: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah | 7 comments leah_jade95@hotmail.com
Kindle or iBooks please :)

message 4: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Leah wrote: "leah_jade95@hotmail.com
Kindle or iBooks please :)"

thanks Leah!

message 5: by Ebere (new)

Ebere | 21 comments ebere98b@aol.com
pdf please

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Harbeson | 1 comments Bonbonmomof3@yahoo.com Kindle pease

message 7: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

17 copies left!

message 8: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 150 comments Sounds interesting I will give it a go. Don't worry I know I have another book to read to but am a fast reader :D
debbie.cassidy35@googlemail.com

message 9: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

I am sending out emails now :)

message 10: by Marik (new)

Marik Berghs | 9 comments I would love to read this book, sounds great. Like the premise a lot.
marikshouse@yahoo.com

Hope you are still looking for readers. I write honest reviews for books I get free—unless I don't like it. Then I say very little, but I do rate, lots of others out there ready to do the dirty work.

message 11: by Sharon (last edited Apr 25, 2012 04:03PM) (new)

Sharon | 267 comments I'd love to read the book!

sharonscraps@satx.rr.com - kindle please

message 12: by Marik (new)

Marik Berghs | 9 comments Forgot to mention, Kindle please.

message 13: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

I will send both of you guys copies in jus a sec :)

message 14: by Jodie (last edited Apr 25, 2012 07:34PM) (new)

Jodie | 61 comments jodieorclark1@msn.com

Tt, if you have me down for anything else that I have not reviewed yet please let me know, Thanks

message 15: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

A little note from the Author...

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank the folks who are signing up to review Pazuzu's Girl for your time! It was a blast to write, and I hope that you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'm poking my head in today online when I can, if anyone has any questions. I also have a website where I talk about writing in general, and other random observations that pop into my head sometimes: www.rachelcoles.wordpress.com
Thanks again! :-)

Rachel Coles

⚝  Ŧáẅņá ⚝ (allforlost) | 479 comments It doesn't seem like very many people signed up for this one soooooo.....I'll sign up. Kindle - allforlost@yahoo.com

message 17: by Marik (new)

Marik Berghs | 9 comments Hi, Rachel, I followed the link but in order to download any edition (mobi) or otherwise I was forced to go through the whole payment process. It said I would have a chance to enter codes or gift cards "later." Later never came. I was charged for the book. I have sent an email to cancel the order but I wondered if you could tell me what I missed.

message 18: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Marik wrote: "Hi, Rachel, I followed the link but in order to download any edition (mobi) or otherwise I was forced to go through the whole payment process. It said I would have a chance to enter codes or gift c..."

Hmm, interesting... I just downloaded it earlier and didn't have to pay a thing. Okay when you followed the link did it bring you to the page for pazzus girl? Then it should say enter the code which was located in the email. Then it will ask you your name and email address and then it will take you to a page for the download.

Did you go through this process? I'm just trying to see where it went wrong.

message 19: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Is anyone else having this problem? If so let me know asap.

message 20: by Jodie (last edited Apr 25, 2012 08:41PM) (new)

Jodie | 61 comments Tt wrote: "Is anyone else having this problem? If so let me know asap."

It worked fine for me,

message 21: by Marik (new)

Marik Berghs | 9 comments I see what I did wrong, got it by the way. I used the first link to the Journal-store.com instead of the link to Pazzu's Girl. From the Journal-store page I clicked on your book cover or read more and went through the usual buying process. cI should have used your second link which led me right to it, no problemo.

Thanks.

message 22: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Thanks Jodie. :)

message 23: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Marik wrote: "I see what I did wrong, got it by the way. I used the first link to the Journal-store.com instead of the link to Pazzu's Girl. From the Journal-store page I clicked on your book cover or read more ..."

I'm glad you figured it out! I was starting to get worried :)

message 24: by Marik (new)

Marik Berghs | 9 comments Sorry, for the sweat. I'll be starting it tonight. Thanks so much.

message 25: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Marik wrote: "Sorry, for the sweat. I'll be starting it tonight. Thanks so much."

No problem, I hope you enjoy.

message 26: by Gatha G (new)

Gatha G (Gatha) | 31 comments gathagn@gmail.com

PDF please

message 27: by Keksisbaby (new)

Keksisbaby I liked the synopsis very much and I'd like to read this book. Keksisbaby@gmx.de
PDF please

message 28: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Pringle | 120 comments digitalangel3@gmail.com

Please and Thank you !! :)

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (shellyjj) | 4 comments tensai_mjj@msn.com
Thank you!

message 30: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

I'm not at home right now you guys but as soon as I get their I will send you all an email. :)

Thanks for signing up!

message 31: by Gatha G (new)

Gatha G (Gatha) | 31 comments Hey,I'm not able to download the book."This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:"This is what they are saying and i cannot see download link.

message 32: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Gatha wrote: "Hey,I'm not able to download the book."This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:"This is what they are saying and i cannot see download link."

I will check it out Gatha and get back to you asap.

message 33: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 150 comments Gatha wrote: "Hey,I'm not able to download the book."This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:"This is what they are saying and i cannot see download link."

The password is the code in the email Tt gave us. i was a bit confused at first too.

message 34: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Amos wrote: "Gatha wrote: "Hey,I'm not able to download the book."This post is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:"This is what they are saying and i cannot see download link."

The..."

Sorry for not making it clear enough..... Click on the link thAT says Pazzu's Girl. And the password is the code I gave you and its a word. I should have put Password instead of code *slaps forehead*

message 35: by Gatha G (new)

Gatha G (Gatha) | 31 comments well i don't know how to thankyou Amos,i can't believe i was so stupid.i got it now and sorry Tt for the time waste.Thank you and sorry once again.........:)

message 36: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Don't be sorry it was my fault I should have been more clearer. I take full responsibility. :) I'm so use to using smashwords that I put code lol.

message 37: by Gatha G (new)

Gatha G (Gatha) | 31 comments no it was not your fault.you are excellent and i was just being stupid :)

message 38: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 150 comments Loved it! Thanks so much for the opportunity to read and review.
My review:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I will be posting on Amazon later :D

message 39: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Sheri | 10245 comments Mod
Featured book on the Shut Up & Read blog!
http://shutupandreadgroup.blogspot.co...

⚝  Ŧáẅņá ⚝ (allforlost) | 479 comments Thank you for letting us read and review this book!

Here's my review:

message 41: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 267 comments Thanks for letting me read your book. Here's my review:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

message 42: by Marik (new)

Marik Berghs | 9 comments Thanks for letting me read this really great book.

Here is my link:

If you want me to post it anywhere else please let me know.

message 43: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Sharon wrote: "Thanks for letting me read your book. Here's my review:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13..."

Here is Sharon's review ;D http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 44: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Pringle | 120 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

thank you for letting me read it.

message 46: by Ebere (new)

Ebere | 21 comments Sorry my hard drive crashed and I kinda blanked out on doing this review. I just re-downloaded this book but i have not had the opportunity to read it yet. Promise to read and review by this weekend. Sorry again

message 47: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (shellyjj) | 4 comments Thanks for letting me read this!

message 48: by Gatha G (new)

Gatha G (Gatha) | 31 comments soooooooooooo sorry for the late review.thanks for the book.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pazuzu's Girl (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rachel Coles (other topics)