Goodreads Feedback discussion

Jane Eyre
This topic is about Jane Eyre
Bugs > Original Publication Date reverting to incorrect date

Comments (showing 1-6)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Elaine | 7 comments Thanks Elizabeth! They're fixed now.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7884 comments Yes, that's the only way to fix it. Worldcat has many dates such as 1900s, and the import becomes just 19, or 1990s, which is your 199.

message 3: by Elaine (last edited Apr 24, 2012 05:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elaine | 7 comments Thanks Elizabeth. I didn't think about that since I figured that the system wouldn't let you enter an original publication date that is newer than an existing publication date. I found the entry, and another with the date of 199, that is making the OPD revert. Is it safe just to delete those dates? It looks like the info was imported from worldcat.

EDIT: It looks like worldcat had them listed as "19--", and "199?", and so they just imported as 19 and 199.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7884 comments There is an edition out there with that older date. An original publication date will revert to the oldest edition publication date.

Elaine | 7 comments The original publication date of Jane Eyre seems to revert to "January 1st 19" every so often. Maybe every time the publication date for an edition is changed/added?

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/63...

After adding info for my edition of Jane Eyre, I noticed that the original publication date read "January 1st 19". I thought that was strange because I didn't remember it looking like that before I edited the info. I went back to check the logs, and it said that I had changed the original pub date, which I didn't. So I changed it back to what it was reading before. But after looking at the logs, it seems that this isn't the first time that it has happened; other librarians have been changing it back to the correct date since February. Not sure what is going on, but wanted to bring this to your attention.

unread topics | mark unread