-The Young Adult Challenge. discussion

what books do you hate?

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lo33a (Laurentheepicone) | 2 comments tell us about the books you hate and why you hate them!

Happy hating everyone XD

-RadioActiveBookWorm- | 85 comments Mod
The Second Trial It was very bad. the main character was awful, bratty, and when he was 12 he started smoking pot and getting drunk. who does that.

Lo33a (Laurentheepicone) | 2 comments Okay... I don't think I've haerd of that one but now I don't want to read it anyway! Thanks for the heads up!

hah no problemo. :P

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑  (jazmine_s) | 3 comments My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1) by Amanda Hocking series. Ugh.
And Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer imo was really bad. I didn't even get halfway. I don't think I even made it a quarter way..

LOL @ "Happy hating" xD

I've never read those books. aha. good to know they're not so good, hah.

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑  (jazmine_s) | 3 comments Yeah me neither.

Twilight I've never read. According to everyone I've spoken to, My Blood Aproves is "Like Twilight, but much better". And if that horrible book is similar to & better than Twilight, I have absolutely no intention of reading Twilight.

Carolina Riojas | 12 comments Mmm... Ohh... That's difficult... I think that Fairy Oak books.

Rathanak I'll have to say drum roll please ???? this book ruined the whole series for me everything was just rush and Andrea Cremer took the easy way out for the ENDING.

Mar (Margot-Livingtoreadfantasy) Okay I hate zillions of books... but my #1 Hate book is
Twilightseriously, I don't get that people like it, or that I once liked it :o

Then there are the series that are getting better-
FallenandHush, HushI hate the first one(s) in the series but they are getting better ^^

and then the absolute stupid girl bookPutting Boys on the Ledge

Those are the books I hate most, I think...

xo

I love Fallen and Hush,Hush! hah.
I liked twilight when I first read it.. but my taste's have changed in 3 years. :P

Martha  (theshortone08) | 26 comments I still like Twilight and Hush Hush.
One books I did not like was A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1) by Jocelyn Davies.
Here is my blog so you can read for yourselves: http://theshortone08.blogspot.com/201...
I Buddy read it with a friend names Hannah and we were just astonished at how bad it was.

Mar (Margot-Livingtoreadfantasy) Martha wrote: "I still like Twilight and Hush Hush.
One books I did not like was A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1) by Jocelyn Davies.
Here is my blog so you can read for yourselves: http://theshortone08.blogspot.com/201......"

Is it that bad? Maybe I shouldn't read it after all... :)

๑ஜ๑ Jαѕмιиє ๑ஜ๑  (jazmine_s) | 3 comments Hush hush was ok, but I didn't like Crescendo. I'm team Rixon: Kill Nora!!!. Lol seriously, she's so annoying.

Martha  (theshortone08) | 26 comments Mar *How I see it reviews* wrote: "Martha wrote: "I still like Twilight and Hush Hush.
Here is my blog so you can read for yourselves: http://theshortone08.blogspot.com/20..."

I personally thought it was very bad. Read for yourself if you want is like to see what someone else thinks.

Carolina Riojas | 12 comments I still like Twilight and Hush Hush.
One books I did not like was
Here is my blog so you can read for yourselves: http://theshortone08.blogspot.com/201...
I Buddy read it with a friend names Hannah and we were just astonished at how bad it was.

Hum.. I wanted to read it... Should i?

Martha  (theshortone08) | 26 comments Carolina wrote: "I still like Twilight and Hush Hush.
One books I did not like was
I Buddy read it with a friend names H..."

I personally do not recommend the book.

Carolina Riojas | 12 comments Hum... Okay :l i won't read it :)

message 19: by Martha (last edited Apr 25, 2012 07:44PM) (new)

Martha  (theshortone08) | 26 comments Carolina wrote: "Hum... Okay :l i won't read it :)"

You might like it. Or you might not bit you'll never know till you read it.
There is another book i just finished that just made me think i had wasted my time with. Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh

Carolina Riojas | 12 comments Good point.
And the name of the book os everymore right? I've about it.

Martha  (theshortone08) | 26 comments Nevermore.
Too much Poe for me, which might explain why i didn't like it.

Carolina Riojas | 12 comments Yeah yeah nevermore sorry haha.
And what is Poe?

Martha  (theshortone08) | 26 comments Edgar Allen Poe was an author.

Carolina Riojas | 12 comments Oh is Poe of Allan Poe? Woops i thought it was an abreviature or something like that. Sorry.

Martha  (theshortone08) | 26 comments Its ok.
Either way the book was kind of a flop for me.

message 26: by Rasmus (last edited Apr 28, 2012 08:32AM) (new)

Rasmus | 10 comments Beautiful Disaster This one stands out the most, didn't want to make a list so just took my most hated.

Natalie (girlnextdoor) | 4 comments I actually really hated Gone. Everybody else seems to love it, but I read a few chapters and just couldn't stand it. Apparently, the series gets better... but it just never did it for me.

Dabin (Unknowngirl17) | 9 comments Natalie wrote: "I actually really hated Gone. Everybody else seems to love it, but I read a few chapters and just couldn't stand it. Apparently, the series gets better... but it just never did it for me."

ugh, that book was awful! i cant even look at it anymore. i hate almost all vamp books. theyre so stupid! in the second book the couple breaks up and then in the third they get back together! its a repitition that drives me crazy!!! and alison noel's books, the immortals, its so typical! theres a girl and she meets a guy. the guy and her get together. the guy wants to get in her pants but she wants to wait. something awful happens in the 2nd book. at the end of the 2nd book the girl realizes how stupid shes been, but by then its too late.

Mar (Margot-Livingtoreadfantasy) Natalie wrote: "I actually really hated Gone. Everybody else seems to love it, but I read a few chapters and just couldn't stand it. Apparently, the series gets better... but it just never did it for me."

Haha I just love Gone xD Amazing horror stuff

message 30: by Jo (new)

Jo Ko (888kojo) | 1 comments -RadioActiveBookWorm- wrote: "I love Fallen and Hush,Hush! hah.
I liked twilight when I first read it.. but my taste's have changed in 3 years. :P"

omg same here! i love the fallen series and hush hush series! :)

i dont like the house of night series cuz it creeped me out and its super long!!! too many books in the seiries

Courtney (heyycourtt) | 1 comments Sadly I really hated "The Catcher in the Rye." I know, I know. I wanted to love it so badly but I just couldn't!
Am I weird?

message 32: by Melissa (last edited Jun 08, 2012 09:57PM) (new)

Melissa Most hated book ever: "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer.I wanted to throw it against the wall at least 20 times before I even finished three chapters.
oh and I don't agree about Nightshade, I thought it was a really good book and while I agree that the ending of Bloodrose was hurried and my response was "what the hack was that?!" it wasn't really that bad.
Just putting this out there now I don't agree with what a lot of people are saying, I love some of the books people say they hate, but I don't want to get into it with a bunch of people.

Jade (Jade_Kiddier) | 1 comments I really didn't like The Road to the Sea by Clare Hegarty. It wasn't like what the blurb or my friends described at all. It was just a really bad book for me.

message 34: by Merri (last edited Aug 04, 2012 07:19AM) (new)

Merri (Blondiebehr) | 10 comments the passage by justin cronin The Passage (The Passage #1) by Justin Cronin i finished 680 pages of it and couldnt finish the last 100. aweful!it dragged on and on and centuries passed and the part 3 made no sense whatsoever. It was not a vampire book regradless how they marketed it. it was more soldierish and dystopian.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Second Trial (other topics)
My Blood Approves (other topics)
Nightshade (other topics)
Twilight (other topics)
Fallen (other topics)
More...