South African Book Lovers discussion

Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Feed
Book Discussions > Feed (Spoilers)

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (Sugar & Snark) (last edited Apr 25, 2012 02:26AM) (new)

Lu (Sugar & Snark) | 11725 comments Mod
A discussion thread for our May BoM, Feed . Spoilers are permitted.

Varla Fiona (Trogs) | 1327 comments Mod
Finished, and enjoyed!! Read to discuss, who else is finished??

Lu (Sugar & Snark) | 11725 comments Mod
Hoping to get time soon to read it!

message 4: by Claudia (last edited May 16, 2012 11:15AM) (new)

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments Mod
I'm giving up on this one. I got to 20% and the only thing I have from it so far is annoyance.

George annoys me with her historical musings, going on like she was there 25 years ago and suffered all the changes herself. She makes everything so very personal and the general feeling I then get is that the virus thing happened only 2 or so years ago. No one who is not very weird goes on about 25 year old history in that way. It's important to let the reader know what went on in 2014 and how things are different now, but the way the info dumping is done makes me want to strangle George. And she keeps telling us how important the bloggers were. I don't like things being repeated more than 3 times within the first 100 pages. It reminds me of those reality crime shows where they interrupt the story 6 times to bring you recaps of everything so far, just in case you dozed off...

Buffy has a fingernail camera, and all George can manage to scrounge up is a watch with 30MB recording capacity. Is that going to be important somehow? (Oh no, I have to record this important message, but I only have 30MB! Mankind is doomed! Doomed!)

I'm probably overreacting. I'm sure everyone else loves all the characters. But I cannot read more. It's annoying. Argh...

:(

Stacy Walker (stacy_walker) | 14 comments Claudia wrote: "I'm giving up on this one. I got to 20% and the only thing I have from it so far is annoyance.

George annoys me with her historical musings, going on like she was there 25 years ago and suffered ..."

LOL, I enjoyed this rant;) It does get a bit better about 40% in - and I think I understand what you're saying about Georgia's character. I found her a little too uptight and arrogant for my liking. I don't think Mira Grant did a very good job of profiling the characters the way most readers would have preferred.

I'm about 3/4 through at the moment, I can see myself making an attempt at the next book in the trilogy because I have enjoyed the political drama set in the zombie era.

I'm sure i'll have more to add to this topic when i finally finish the book :)

unread topics | mark unread