The Writing Club discussion

Writing time! > Chain Story

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Asma (new)

Asma Saeed | 9 comments BEFORE WE START: Anyone is welcome to continue the story I start! You can add One Direction, you can add your favorite authors, ANYTHING:)) This has been approved by Rebecca!

Here we go!!! Oh, and anything you wanna right outside the story, please put in parentheses:)) Thanks!

I was running. From what, I didn’t know. Moonlight spilled over the tops of the enshadowed pine trees. The cold winter air bit my cheeks and whipped my hair against my wildly flushed face.

I was panting, my breathes lingering for a mere two seconds then dissolving into the never-ending darkness. Dark clouds thundered and lightning pierced the dreadful gray of the sky occasionally behind me. My body was aching, begging me to stop. My inhalations turned into gasps for sweet, sweet air.

I stopped, unable to stand much longer, then crumpled to the leafy and woodchip-filled forest floor. Dry leaves and pine needles crumpled into tiny forgotten pieces as I sank. A pang of pain exploded in my head and I whimpered, gritting my teeth in reaction at the sudden sensation.

A shadow of a woman came over me, immediatley terminating all hope I had left in me. I tried to get a good look at the person’s face, but I was in too much in pain to move. My head felt as if it’d been sliced open with a dagger.

Through the pain roaring in my ears, I heard a pretty voice say something, then the wind howled around me. It seemed as if I was in the middle of a tornado, but I couldn’t tell because I was curled in a ball, tears streaming down my pale face.

The pain seized. There was a dull throb, and I felt my eyes droop, sleep coming to rescue me from my tiring experience. The last thing I remembered hearing, was a melodic voice crying out my name in…was that pain? I didn’t know or care. All I knew was that I was stumbling down…

Down…

Down…

I was gone.

I woke up, my breath ragged and my head throbbing. My thin shirt stuck to my back from the light sweat coated there. Quickly I took in my surroundings.

My room. I was in my room. I sighed, releived, and told myself soothingly that it was just a dream. The pale moonlight spilled from the window above the windowseat. It was translucent and ethereal. My alarm clock on the table by my bed read 3:43 AM.

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Ashe (actsingdance) | 128 comments Mod
((What do you mean by "You can add One Direction, you can add your favorite authors, ANYTHING:)) This has been approved by Rebecca!?”?))

message 3: by Asma (new)

Asma Saeed | 9 comments (( I dunno:) I just thought to tell them they could continue the story and write about anything. Is that ok?))

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

((yup))

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 32 comments I didn't sleep much that night. All I could think about was that horrifying dream. It had felt so real, like real real. Not like when people just say that thier dream felt actual.

With mine, I still got pieces of it when I'm awake. I feel that pain that I felt in that dream when I'm awake. I don't understand it.

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky | 24 comments I kept glancing at the clock, counting down the hours until I would have to get up and start another day. 4:00, I could still get 3 hours sleep at a push. 5:00, 2 hours sleep isn't so bad. 6:00, going to sleep would be pretty pointless now. I turned the alarm off before it could sound and rolled out of bed. I pulled open the curtains fully and took comfort in the morning light that came spilling into the room.
I stood there, gazing out of the window for a while, soaking up the sun's early morning rays letting them sooth me, letting them take the bitter edge off that horrible dream. I glanced over at the clock again and groaned, 7:15! It would have to be a quick shower this morning if I wasn't going to be late. I grabbed my towel off the back of my chair and practically ran to the bathroom, slamming the door accidentally behind me in my hurry to get into the shower.
I rubbed my head absentmindedly, still feeling that sharp pain throbbing every now and then.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

I was about to turn on the shower head when I heard the voice again. “Destiny!” The voice was strained, weak. It was a girl’s voice. I gasped and nearly fainted, catching myself halfway down. I shut my eyes and opened them again. The same bathroom was in sight. It wasn’t a dream this time. Maybe it wasn’t even a dream last time. “Yes?” I answered in a whisper.

message 8: by Tiawni (new)

Tiawni But nothing came at first. She heard someone say "I need your help."

Kayla ~The Mirthful Messiah~ (Chucklevoodoos142) | 59 comments "Where are you?" I asked.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

“That,” Her voice sounded like she was just crying, “is my major problem, my dear"

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky | 24 comments "Because that answers my question!" My voice was dripping with sarcasm. "Don't you think its a bit early in the morning for riddles?" I called out. Great! Now I'm talking to myself in the shower! I thought bitterly to myself.

message 12: by Tiawni (new)

Tiawni Help me! Help me! is all she heard. Then she heard a loud crash.

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky | 24 comments I screamed. I couldn't help it. Of course if you jump and scream in a small confined space, like a shower, something is bound to go wrong! Pain exploded through my foot from where I stubbed all my toes and my head smacked into the wall. "Son of a...!"
"What on earth are you doing in there?" Some one was banging on the bathroom door.

Kayla ~The Mirthful Messiah~ (Chucklevoodoos142) | 59 comments I opened my eyes, "Nothing! Sorry mom!"
"Well you need to hurry! You're going to be late for school!"
"CRAP!" I exclaimed, turning the shower off, and running into my room.
"Hey, what about me?" the mysterious voice asked.
"Now where did I put my-AHA!" I proudly grabbed my favorite grey jacket and pulled it on, "Now I just need shoes..." my eyes fell on my old pair of grey converse's.
I pulled them on too, grabbed my backpack, and ran out the door, "Wait!" the voice called, "Help me!"
"I...have....got....to....get to.....school!" I panted.
"But it's Saturday!" the voice whined.
I skidded to a stop, "Son of a..."
"Now will you help me?"
I turned around, "Fine."

message 15: by Becky (new)

Becky | 24 comments "Ah finally!" Exclaimed the voice. "You are more stubborn than a mountain goat!"
"Charming!" I replied, flopping down onto my bed. I kicked off my shoes again and laid down on my bed. "Come on then, what do you want?"
"Are you talking to yourself?" My mum was once again banging on the door.
"No!" I called back, grimacing. I paused suddenly. "Hang about, hang about! Mum said I would be late for school..." I glanced over at my calendar. "You said it was saturday..." I frowned. "Yep, I'm going totally crazy!"

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

“It is Saturday, Destiny. Nobody knows…” The voice trailed off and the woman started crying. “Go to school, save yourself from you mother. Stay and help, save the world from chaos. Choose wisely, my dear. Your name is Destiny for a reason.”

message 17: by Tiawni (last edited Apr 24, 2012 07:30PM) (new)

Tiawni She knew if her mother found out that she was thinking of skipping school to do something that a voice was telling her to do. That her mother would be very pissed off. But if she went to school instead of helping that could mean big trouble for everyone else. "I'm so confused"

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

((There were some typos. Wanna edit it?))

Kayla ~The Mirthful Messiah~ (Chucklevoodoos142) | 59 comments "It's your life child, but for the sake of the world," the woman looked at her sadly, "I'd be there to save the day."
"What d'you..." I trailed off as I saw large truck, swing around the corner, and a little boy was right in its path, "No!"
I ran towards him, pushed him out of the way, and saw only a flash of headlights as the truck hit me.

message 20: by Rebecca (last edited Apr 28, 2012 07:31PM) (new)

I was completely in shock when I arrived back at my house, in my room. “Would you like to try this again? Start this day over? You only get a couple more chances before my power runs out. Please child. Please Destiny.” The voice pleaded in my head.
“You did not just— Did that kid— Am I— What the—“ I didn’t exactly know how to respond. I fell on my bed and glanced at the clock. Again. My clock read 3:43 AM. Again. “Did you— Oh my god. Please get me out of this mess. I didn’t sign up for this!!”

message 21: by Angela ♡ (new)

Angela ♡ | 2 comments "It's your destiny, Destiny. You may not have signed up for it, but it's what you're meant to do."

I stayed in my bed, not wanting to move. Was I hallucinating? Was I going crazy? Or was I actually dead? I did get hit by a truck right? RIGHT?!?!

If I was dead it would make more sense than what was happening to me now. I was talking to a strange voice after all.

unread topics | mark unread