Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) Under the Never Sky discussion

Eagerly Awaiting Book 2: Are you a Roar or Perry kind of girl? What about Aria? What do you think?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 58) (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jacqueline Garlick I'm all about Roar myself. Hope Aria sees the light (no pun intended. ok, maybe a little one.)

Noël Roar is great I like him a lot, just not for Aria. Plus i hope he finds Perry's sister. He is quite the catch though.

Jacqueline Garlick Agreed. If Aria doesn't want Roar, I'll take him! LOL

Noël Who wouldn't want Roar? They'd have to be crazy not too. LOL

Jacqueline Garlick Agreed! Dying to see who he ends up with, actually...

Noël I can't wait 'till the second book. And to see if he every finds Perry's sister(I can never remember her name) or if he ends up with Aria maybe...

Jacqueline Garlick Me too!

Veronica I love perry :P

Paula Think Roar rendered to Liv like Perry did Aria? That's why Roar was trying to make Perry understand what was happening between him & Aria.

Diana no no Roar and liv , perry and aria !! so those who want roar and aria to hook up keep dreaming !! cause aria isn't for roar liv is and if liv wasn't then why is he looking for her ??? ..as for the 2nd book im super EXCITED to see how perry and aria's relationship goes XD :PP and hopefully there will be a liv spin- off cause i really want to know her storyXD

Paula Just as long as there isn't any-more scent based contraception advice coming from the guys. Unless that's how Aria gets caught out.

Nonstopreader As mush as I want Roar to find Liv and want Perry and Aria but anyone else remember that Liv was in a relationship but the guy(Liv's partner) is really not needed because Vale is dead.But I really hope there could be like a whole series like Harry Potter.Anyway Perry is the one for Aria even though Roar is really HOT in the book trailer it has to be Perry (Perry is more Cute than Hot.)I love the book and I am keeping my fingers crossed so that the Warner Bros come to their senses and make Under the Never Sky a movie.

message 13: by Kass (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kass Nonstopreader wrote: "As mush as I want Roar to find Liv and want Perry and Aria but anyone else remember that Liv was in a relationship but the guy(Liv's partner) is really not needed because Vale is dead.But I really ..."
Haha. I'm with you, all the way. :)

Erikka I was so disappointed with this book. No description of the Aether or the Unity, I found Aria wholly unlikeable until the very end, and I just didn't find myself completely engulfed in their story like I have in other dystopian books. I hope that throughout her writing career, she develops more of a 'Show, don't tell" writing style and works to hone her craft, because I think she has promise as a writer. The concept of the Realms, the Pods, and the world outside is very interesting, as well as the idea of the mutations for better senses--I sincerely hope the rest of the series (which I still intend to read) shows that she's learned from her mistakes and has used that for a good purpose.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Noel Hungerford/ wrote: "Roar is great I like him a lot, just not for Aria. Plus i hope he finds Perry's sister. He is quite the catch though."

Totally agree, with you. I think I liked him more than Perry but not for Aria.

Max I'm so for perry and I'm just like Aria that it is scary.

Bianca Serrano i like roar than perry. the way Ms. Rossi talks about roar, he's handsome. but perry's too. roar is cool

Max Ok....that's cool...but I totally am in love with perry...... :) I cant wait for the next book " through the ever night....."

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Uuuggghh, the wait for book 2 is killing me

Max Yeah same thing here..

Melina I like Roar but I prefer Perry for Aria.

Max Same here

message 23: by Rika (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rika - (The Unpretentious Reader) I don't even imagine Roar for Aria..
I hate to push for romance where it isn't just to create a messy love triangle.

I love all characters in this book <3

Jacqueline Garlick Hey All! Did you hear? There is a novella coming out...on ebook only, but it will be out before book 2, so that means very soon! Rumour has it, it features Liv and Roar!

Max Rika...same thing here ..I hate that...but sometimes it's ok if the main lovers get back togther ..
jackie ill check it out..

Annie I actually caught myself fantasizing about Perry...lol I love him!!! But Roar was awesome too!!!! But for Aria, I am Perry all the way!!!!!

Rashika (is tired) i cannot believe people think that roar and aria could be together.. that is insane..
roar is going to find liv.. and i cannot wait to meet the girl who took Roar's heart.
plus perry... is just perry... :D you gotta love him.

message 28: by Star (new) - rated it 4 stars

Star Nah Arias definitely stuck with Perry. I do like him since he happens to have my favorite raptor on his back which is cool but..... Im a total sucker for the dark pirate description of Roar. He also has a way with words that Perry sadly lacks. Im hoping him and Liv will be featured more in the next book :)

message 29: by Star (last edited Nov 13, 2012 12:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Star Rashika wrote: "i cannot believe people think that roar and aria could be together.. that is insane.. roar is going to find liv.. and i cannot wait to meet the girl who took Roar's heart. plus perry... is just perry... :D you gotta love him."

Exactly! :)

message 30: by Anu (new) - added it

Anu Melina wrote: "I like Roar but I prefer Perry for Aria."

Same here! :) I think Perry and Aria are meant to be but I'd fall in love with Roar. :) He just seems more like my type.

Katarina I am stuck in between. I am dying for the next book.. I think what ever Aria like, it would probubly be healthier for Aria.

Jacqueline Garlick OMG! BOOK TWO!!!! OMG...so so freakin' good!!! Get your hands on it NOW!!! And you won't be able to put it down!!!! (Squeeee!!!!)

message 33: by Star (new) - rated it 4 stars

Star Jackie wrote: "OMG! BOOK TWO!!!! OMG...so so freakin' good!!! Get your hands on it NOW!!! And you won't be able to put it down!!!! (Squeeee!!!!)"

Oh thats just mean! ;) Happy to hear it was good tho.

Rashika (is tired) Jackie wrote: "OMG! BOOK TWO!!!! OMG...so so freakin' good!!! Get your hands on it NOW!!! And you won't be able to put it down!!!! (Squeeee!!!!)"

I am going to read the second book soon.. :D i am excited

message 35: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess C Perry! i like the rough, unperfectness about him :)

Jacqueline Garlick Me, too...and his wit and charm!!!

message 37: by Star (new) - rated it 4 stars

Star Alright im with Jackie, the second book is a must have... I am in a vaguely catatonic state, I cannot believe how much happened. Roar is still my fav, but as it was mentioned before, I am freaked out over the way it is going. Aria is closer than ever to Roar and I like how important he is to the story BUT..... I will never forgive the author if she throws him in a messy love triangle with Aria and Perry.
Never. >_<

Rashika (is tired) Star wrote: "Alright im with Jackie, the second book is a must have... I am in a vaguely catatonic state, I cannot believe how much happened. Roar is still my fav, but as it was mentioned before, I am freaked o..."

Don't worry. It's all cool. There was no love triangle. *happy sigh*

message 39: by Star (new) - rated it 4 stars

Star Thanks Rashika, I cannot, cannot face another triangle where my fav character is so obviously set up to lose the girl. Everyone knows Aria and Perry will end up together.

Sophie I love Roar, and he's awesome and everything, but I love Perry a little bit more. They're both just so awesome :) *sigh*
Such a shame they only exist in our minds :(

Rashika (is tired) Star wrote: "Thanks Rashika, I cannot, cannot face another triangle where my fav character is so obviously set up to lose the girl. Everyone knows Aria and Perry will end up together."

Yeah. Its a relief because otherwise I would have to start disliking Roar and Roar is an amazing character. And since you've already read the book you know that there isn't one! :D

Rashika (is tired) Sophie wrote: "I love Roar, and he's awesome and everything, but I love Perry a little bit more. They're both just so awesome :) *sigh*
Such a shame they only exist in our minds :("

NOO!! they exist in some parallel universe! We shall find that universe someday and chill out with Roar and Perry and Aria! :D

message 43: by Star (last edited Feb 05, 2013 04:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Star Rashika, I was almost almost done when i first posted and Kirra? The redhead scire whose name i forget, was making all these implications and it was freaking me out lol So now i can breath but I am kinda worried for the next book. It's just that l feel like the trend is SO strong right now for YA books to have a triangle that there is a possibility even if it doesn't completely fit the story which makes me want to yell Nooooooooo every time I think about it >_<

Rashika (is tired) HAHAHAHA I HATED Kirra! I was scared that Perry would let his anger at Aria leaving him take over and he would cheat on Aria. But I was glad when he decided that it didn't matter what Aria thought. His feelings for her would never change!.
URG! Every single day I find at least one book that sounds interesting but has a love triangle. It always kills me a little bit.
I am becoming paranoid now because of how many books follow this trend.

Danielle (Love at First Page) I am usually one to freak out about a possible love triangle, but I have absolute faith that there will NOT be a love triangle in this series. I'm not worried at all. Aria and Perry are far too strong a couple after the second book. And that bit with Kirra had me shaking but I looooooooved Perry's thoughts at the end of the chapter - "she'd always be the one." Sighhhhh.

message 46: by Star (last edited Feb 05, 2013 04:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Star I was CHEERING when he finally pushes her away, I was soooo worried the Aria-Perry relationship would be damaged. Its never the same again you know? Even if they stay together and work it out I can never see the person the same way again. So yay Perry! :)

Danielle, Rossi will be my new author-heroine if she bucks the trend. I will even buy the book set. I wish I was as confident as you, 'cause I really could use a straightforward pair like Aria and Perry to be un contaminated. :)

Rashika, You and me both :/ The paranoia is pretty legit considering they way things are going. I am hoping there will be a shift back soon. I miss relationships like Perry and Arias, Roar and Livs, maybe I'm old school but there's something special about them.

Rashika (is tired) I've found some books that don't have a love triangle and are amazing. But it's so HARD to find them!

No I don't think your old school. Not in the least. If the author cannot have a good relationship in the book then what's the point? The main character will be paranoid half the time or confused and what not. How does the author plan on focusing on the plot if her main character is worried about her relationship.

Also have you guys noticed how that in books involving love triangles readers talks more about who the girl is going to choose then about the story?

message 48: by Star (new) - rated it 4 stars

Star Yeah, it kinda takes over since the characters involved cant really seem to focus on anything else. My problem is it is used to excuse a lot of really really dumb behavior. Firelight was like that for me. It gets old since it is attributed to their inner turmoil....and they are in turmoil for the ENTIRE book! In some cases, over several books.
On the other hand, did I ever recommend Wake to you? I feel like Harper and Daniel might actually develop into one of those super special relationships you just enjoy...just because it is. :)

Rashika (is tired) For a second I thought you were talking about the dream catcher trilogy. I see your not.
*goes to look up the book like her life depends on it*
ummmm who is it by?? .-.

message 50: by Star (new) - rated it 4 stars

Star Hahahaha, Amanda Hocking. Its a little slow and I connect more to Harper than Gemma and Harpers pretty awkward sometimes but the suspense with Daniel is killing me :)

I am looking up dream catcher lol

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Under the Never Sky (other topics)