Grace Awards Exchange discussion

Releases, Promtion, Marketing > List Your Realistic Christian Fiction Novels Here!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 61) (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nike (new)

Nike Chillemi | 470 comments Mod
Please don't start a new thread to list your novel. If you've written a realistic Christian novel, list it here. Don't forget to show the cover.

I'll start with mine.

Burning Hearts by Nike Chillemi ~ Historical Romantic Thriller Burning Hearts (Sanctuary Point Book One) by Nike Chillemi

Can a sheltered young seamstress, disillusioned by the horrors of WWII, escape an arsonist/murderer who has killed her employer and mentor, while trying to decide if she can trust the dashing war hero who’s ridden into town on his Harley—who some say is the murderer?

Erica Brogna’s parents doted on her and taught her to think for herself. Many boys she grew up with had fallen in the WWII, shaking her childhood faith. In rides a handsome stranger, at the hour of her most desperate need. A woman who is her close friend and mentor is trapped in a burning house. After making an unsuccessful rescue attempt, Erica stands by as this man rushes into the inferno and carries her friend’s lifeless body out.

Lorne Kincade can’t out run his past on his Harley Davidson WLA, the civilian model of the motorcycle he rode in the war. He’s tried. He’s been a vagabond biker in the year since the war ended. His Uncle Ivar bequeathed him a ramshackle cottage in Sanctuary Point, on the Great South Bay of Long Island, NY and now he’d like to hope for a future again, repair the miniscule place, and settle down. The only problem is, a young woman with hair the color of mink is starting to get under his skin and that’s the last thing he needs.

GOODBYE NOEL by Nike Chillemi ~ Historical Romantic Thriller Goodbye Noel (Sanctuary Point Series) by Nike Chillemi

The first body is found under a trimmed Christmas tree, the second as they ring in the New Year (1947), the third goes head long out a window. Will a young pediatric nurse determined to make it on her own be able to care for an infant whose mother was murdered and escape the killer who has struck again? Can she trust the stalwart village detective with her life and her heart as he works to catch this killer before somebody else dies?

Pediatric nurse, Katrina Lenart, grew up strong willed and independent minded, while sharing her mother's flair for high fashion. When the police chief gives her an orphaned baby to care for, her maternal instincts take over and she's willing to fight anyone who might not have the infant's best interests at heart, even the man she's growing to love. After an attempt is made to kidnap the baby, she and the resolute village detective team up and do some sleuthing, undercover at a cult as well as at a fancy ball.

Detective Ian Daltry is a widower with a child and is not interested in a new love. Hunting a killer who stops at nothing has placed him in the position where he must protect a beautiful young woman he's drawn to. Is there's something he's overlooked in analyzing the case? Will he find out what that is before this ruthless murderer kills someone he loves?

message 2: by Nike (last edited Apr 20, 2012 06:15PM) (new)

I'm putting RM's SECOND WORLD up here. She had it up somewhere else and I'm moving it.

SECOND WORLD by RM Wagoner. Second World by R.M. Wagoner

In a collision between a spirit world and everyday life, young Clare must decide what is real. Her adventures are shared with the ghost of her dead grandfather and Horus the talking dog. Clare, the youngest in her dysfunctional family unable to connect with her explosive father, emotionally stunted mother, and bossy big sister, separates herself and discovers that she is a link between a spirit realm within her world, filled with supernatural creatures of good and grim nature. With the support of friends new and old, Clare begins her journey to understanding the unnatural rules that govern both worlds and her destiny.

http://secondworldbook.com/endorsemen...

message 3: by Cliff (new)

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 3 comments Here's my End Times novel, Times of Trouble

Times of Trouble  an End Times novel by Cliff Ball

Thirty years in the future, the U.S. government has turned into a tyranny as the EPA and TSA grow with ever more power.

Brian, the main character, tells his story from first person point of view. His work with the FBI involves mostly cyber terrorism and actual cases of potential real world terrorism. Eventually, his wife gives birth to their third child, who has Down's Syndrome, which does not please the U.S. Health Administration because there are rules and regulations set-up in cases like these to prevent "genetic freaks" as they like to call them, from sucking up a lot of Health Admin money. Because the Atwoods are born again Christians, they never considered aborting the baby, so now the Health people have to take him away to deal with the problem later.

Meanwhile, the Secret Service decides to recruit Brian to be the personal agent of the President of the United States, David Collins, due to his great work involving a case that dealt with terrorism that would've involved Offutt Air Force Base. Brian's faith is tested every day as he deals with a man who has no morals from what Brian can see, and is tested even more when his wife finds out that she's dying from a fast growing form of breast cancer. Trouble in the rest of the world occurs as Iran attempts to nuke Israel, which fails spectacularly, so Israel takes care of the problem. This brings condemnation from everyone, including the U.S., which takes the side of Iran.

When the re-election of Collins doesn't turn out the way he wanted it, he and his people declare the election nullified because of supposed "irregularities" with the ballots. Collins claims that the new President-elect may take the seat sometime in the middle of next year, if everything looks to be sorted out. Collins purges his staff of what he considers unloyal people, including Brian. At the same time, he loses his wife, but regains the son he thought he had lost.

Brian moves back to his family home in Nebraska, where we follow what happens as the country slowly falls apart. Events play out as Brian and his family sees the End Times approach.

Currently has 5 reviews on Amazon and rated at 4 stars. $2.99 for ebook & $8.99 for paperback.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0075CNFFI

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/times...

message 4: by Stu (new)

Stu | 23 comments Through the Fury to the Dawn by Stu Jones
Through the Fury to the Dawn

At thirty-two years old, police officer Kane Lorusso has just been diagnosed with a strange terminal heart condition, which means with the healthcare industry in shambles, he has no hope of receiving a transplant and his days are numbered. He will never play ball with his son or get to see his daughter married.

“That’s it,” he thinks as his wife bows her head in silent meditation. “Pray to the God who disabled me.” Little does he know that God is far from finished with him.

On a cool, April morning, the world violently comes to an end in a fury of disease, war, and nuclear destruction. Kane, a bitter agnostic, is torn to his foundation by the realization that the God of the universe has preserved him for a reason.

Testing a newfound faith, he must forge alliances with the other chosen: Molly, a young mute; Courtland, an aging professional athlete; and a mysterious Native American boy and his wolf-like companion. Far outnumbered, they are preyed upon by ghoulish, cannibalistic mutants and pursued by a merciless gang of bandits led by a vicious psychopath named Malak, who demented by an unimaginably sinister power, will stop at nothing to see Kane and his friends dead.

Kane finds that the road to redemption is paved equally with terror and hope as he struggles to fulfill God’s purpose and become the man both Heaven and Earth need him to be.

A book about redemption, perseverance, faith, and conviction, Through the Fury to the Dawn is sure to appeal to those who enjoy books packed with high-speed action, adventure, gritty realism, science fiction, and fantasy that will leave them with both a compelling and positive message when they reach the final page.

Author Stu Jones wants readers to perceive his book, “As a crossover, and an indication that Christian-themed fiction does not solely have to depict a watered down, candy-coated version of conflict and evil.” Readers will find that very few writers have so far dared to bridge this gap.

Stu Jones

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Sutton) | 76 comments Just released! It's Not About Her (Second Glances #3) by Michelle Sutton

Deena Tyler's mother led an unsavory lifestyle with drugs and men prior to Deena being taken into foster care as a teenager by a pastor and his wife. She vows never to be anything like her mother. Her dream is to become a pastor's wife so someday she'll have a family life similar to her foster parents. She dresses plainly to keep guys from being attracted to her, and the one guy she is interested in only sees her as a friend. She has secretly been in love with Tony Lane since he started dating her roommate during their freshman year of college and he talked about wanting to become a youth pastor after graduation. But when her roommate died, Tony left town and changed schools. Deena transfers to the college in his home town so she can provide him with moral support, only he just wants to forget the past and move on.

Tony has always fallen for beautiful women, but because of a few bad experiences with his former girlfriends he vows to focus on earning his college degree and to skip dating his sophomore year. But he's not good at staying away from the opposite sex, which is a real problem since he wants to become a pastor. Girl troubles tend to stir up former addictions that he has battled for the past two years, so he works hard at stifling his wild side, though he isn't very successful in his attempts. To complicate things further, his friend Deena, whom he has never been attracted to because she's fairly plain, starts looking really good to him. Can he handle a new relationship this time around without messing it up, or is he destined to remain single?

message 6: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (JanelleB) | 44 comments Good luck with it, Michelle!

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Sutton) | 76 comments Thanks! It was supposed to release in Sept 2010 so I had to change publishers and get my rights back. Now those young people who were desperately waiting for it have probably forgotten. I used to get about an email a month from people asking where it was.

message 8: by Nike (new)

Stu wrote: "Through the Fury to the Dawn by Stu Jones
Through the Fury to the Dawn

At thirty-two years old, police officer Kane Lorusso has just been diagnosed with a strange terminal heart condition, whi..."

Sounds interesting. Best wishes!!

message 9: by Nike (new)

Michelle wrote: "Thanks! It was supposed to release in Sept 2010 so I had to change publishers and get my rights back. Now those young people who were desperately waiting for it have probably forgotten. I used to g..."

Best wishes with it. So sorry you had publisher problems. :)

message 10: by Cliff (new)

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 3 comments Times of Trial  an End Times novel (Book 2) by Cliff Ball

In this parallel novel to Times of Trouble, the government sends Christians to re-education camps, Iran tries to start a war, and the President of the United States declares a dictatorship as the End Times approach.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

http://www.amazon.com/Times-Trial-nov...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/times...

message 11: by Nike (new)

Cliff wrote: "[bookcover:Times of Trial: an End Times novel]

In this parallel novel to Times of Trouble, the government sends Christians to re-education camps, Iran tries to start a war, and the President of th..."

Best wishes, Cliff

message 12: by Cliff (new)

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 3 comments Thanks! The first one took off, at least for two months anyway, but this one seems to be having some trouble getting out of the gate.

message 13: by Nike (new)

Cliff wrote: "Thanks! The first one took off, at least for two months anyway, but this one seems to be having some trouble getting out of the gate."

Best wishes with it. Marketing is very difficult in the environment right now.

message 14: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Clements (brandonclements) | 1 comments Glad this group exists!

I'm a pastor and I recently released an edgy Christian novel called Every Bush Is Burning.

Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...

Description: An edgy story about forgiveness, satisfaction, and the sins of the church.

Jack Bennett has a wife, two kids, the perfect job and the perfect affair. When he is caught and it all comes crashing down, Jack is left with no one to turn to. No friends. No family, except his recovering drug addict of a sister.

On a Sunday morning drive, he sees a homeless man locked out of a church service, banging on the door. He stops and offers the guy a cup of coffee. He asks the man his name, and the guy says Yeshua. As in, Jesus.

Jack 's not stupid. This isn t the real Jesus. But with nowhere else to turn, Jack forms an unlikely friendship one that will test his idea of truth, faith, love, and forgiveness. And Jack is completely unprepared for the real-life twists his story is going to take.

message 15: by James (last edited Jun 24, 2012 05:01PM) (new)

James Becher (faithfuljim) | 2 comments James M. BecherI feel that both of my novels are edgy and prerhaps both realistic and unrealistic. My historical (Biblical) fiction novel, Of Such Is The Kingdom, A Novel of Biblical Times Of Such Is The Kingdom, A Novel of Biblical Times (2nd edtion in 3 parts) by James M. Becher has an element on unreality in that, even though it is historical, dealing with the time of Jesus, one of the characters is a non-conformist, which may well be an anachronism. The novel does have definite edgy realism in several places. In the first chapter one of the main characters uses the word "confounded" and, when his wife corrects him, he gets more upset and says "confound it!" As to violence: Chapter 3 is a flashback to the slaughter of the innocents and contains a graphic description of a mother's hand being cut off and her baby killed. At the end of part I, there is a graphic description of the insurrection against Pilate in which a guard is killed. In part II, there is a graphic description of a robbery turned murder (victim stabbed with a knife) and then there are graphic descriptions of Jesus and the two thieves to be crucified. There are also several scenes with kissing, some between husband wife and some between an ex-husband and his ex-wife with whom he is trying to get back together.

My 2nd novel is unrealistic in that it is science fiction, in particular time travel,IMPOSSIBLE JOURNEY, A Tale of Times and Truth IMPOSSIBLE JOURNEY, A Tale of Times and Truth (Smashwords edition ebook)) by James M. Becher but it is also very edgy and realistic in that the characters, not Christians to start with, both drink and smoke and use words like "dern" and "dang." (I didn't want to be too edgy.) There is also a scene describing a brothel in the gold rush chapter, and love talk between Lancelot and Gwenevere in the Camelot chapter. And when the time travelers finally do come to Christ and tell their supporter back home, their unsaved supporter says, "Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ! (the middle one being used as a curse word).
I wrote my novels primarily to reach unbelievers, not to please believers.

message 16: by Mary (last edited Jun 23, 2012 08:49AM) (new)

Mary Findley | 5 comments Hello! I write fiction dealing with violence, rape, alcoholism, crime, and married pre-intimacy, mostly in historical settings. My main emphasis is on the Word of God and Christian growth, however. Thanks for having this group, especially since I am a little confused about talk I hear of "edgy" and realistic fiction and am anxious to learn more.
The Baron's Ring by Mary C. Findley Carrie's Hired Hand by Mary C. Findley Chasing the Texas Wind by Mary C. Findley Send a White Rose by Mary C. Findley Hope and the Knight of the Black Lion by Mary C. Findley Benny and the Bank Robber 2  Doctor Dad (Benny and the Bank Robber, #2) by Mary C. Findley Benny and the Bank Robber by Mary C. Findley Home to My Father  A Knight's Diary by Mary C. Findley Mail Order Mistake by Mary C. Findley

message 17: by M.R. (new)

M.R. (LisG) | 3 comments Hi all! I've been writing a series of mystery novels that fits the realistic fiction category. The main character is far from a perfect Christian, still struggling with smoking, swearing and lying. I just published the first, Vengeance Is Mine, through Smashwords, Amazon, B&N, etc. Here are the links and a description. Glad to see I'm not the only one that likes a dose of realism with their reading.

http://www.amazon.com/Vengeance-Emily...

Emily O’Brien is slowly putting the pieces of her life back together after her husband, a state trooper, is killed during a traffic stop. But six months after his death, she finds an envelope behind his desk that sends her searching for answers about a case he was secretly working when he died. Soon she’s convinced his death was no random act of violence; it may have been necessary to quiet his investigation into the deaths of six drug runners.
Drawing on her years working the crime beat for a major Chicago newspaper, Emily begins asking questions about Alex’s death. Her inquiries take her from a tornado-ravaged community searching for a way to recover to a wealthy and powerful family with political aspirations and connections. As the dots begin to connect, it becomes evident that the same people who killed Alex are beginning to target her as well, forcing Emily to seek protection from some very unlikely sources.
As she draws closer to the truth, Emily must face the rage driving her toward vengeance, a rage that is just as dangerous to her soul as the threats against her life.

message 18: by Christine (new)

Christine Anderson (christineanderson) | 1 comments Life of the Party by Christine  Anderson

Life of the Party is my debut, edgy YA/Christian novel.
Here's a little blurb:

Seventeen-year-old Mackenzie Taylor can't wait to be free; free from high school, the shadow of her perfect older sister, and her disapproving parents. The rebellious party girl has a perfect accomplice in best friend Riley, a boy from the wrong side of the tracks who scores them drugs, booze and under-age entry into the only club in town. But then everything changes. A traumatized Riley suddenly decides to give up the party life, and a wide-eyed Mackenzie meets Grey Lewis, a broodingly talented, gorgeous older man she falls instantly in love with. Though Riley warns her to stay away, the aspiring rock star's body and ample drug supply are too tempting for her to resist. Previously inseparable, Riley and Mackenzie go their separate ways.

When summer hits, Mackenzie has new friends, a new apartment and new drugs to mask the pain of Riley's absence. And of course, she has Grey. But despite the fierce, consuming passion they share, the mysterious bad-boy always leaves her guessing. Is Grey really a good guy? Or was Riley right about him all along? Mackenzie's in too deep to care. Unable to curb her mounting addictions, before long the lust-for-life teen totally loses control. She forgets Riley, forgets life, forgets everything but Grey and their next hit.

But luckily for Mackenzie...Riley has never forgotten about her.

As a teen I experienced my fair share of alcohol and drug abuse/addiction. I wrote this novel hoping to relate to teens that face the same temptations, and hopefully help them choose differently than I did.

lifeofthepartybook.wordpress.com

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Westall | 4 comments Hi everyone! I have been looking for this type of group for so long! It's so awesome to find Christian stories about people I can really relate to. I'm looking forward to checking out the books listed above.

I recently released my own novel, Love's Providence, which depicts both Christians and non-Christians in a realistic way. I knew this book would be difficult to market as a traditional Christian Romance because my main character is struggling to stick to her promise to wait for marriage to have sex. There's also some violence toward the end. Finding others who enjoy more realistic Christian stories is so exciting! I can't wait to get to know more of you.

Love's Providence by Jennifer H. Westall
Collegiate athlete Lily Brennon has always been the piece that doesn’t quite fit in the puzzle, especially in her fragmented family, and no amount of rule-following perfection seems to bring her any closer to the love and acceptance she desperately seeks. If not for Jackson Carter, her childhood best friend and the only boy she’s ever loved, she’s sure she would have run away years ago. But when Jackson loses his father and a future basketball career within months of each other, his faith is so shattered, he shuts out everyone, including Lily.

After months of heartache, Lily begins to piece together a life without Jackson, and while vacationing on a beautiful island off the Georgia coast, she begins a long-distance romance with Alex Walker, a police officer with a quick wit and a cocky grin. He revives her hope in love again, but their intense attraction and his devastating secret test Lily’s values, stretching them until they break. Through her struggles to remain true to her principles, an agonizing choice between Alex and Jackson, and a series of terrifying events that threaten all of them, Lily must endure losing everything she’s been grasping so tightly. Only then will she discover the depth of the love that already surrounds her.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Westall | 4 comments Melissa wrote: "Hi all! I've been writing a series of mystery novels that fits the realistic fiction category. The main character is far from a perfect Christian, still struggling with smoking, swearing and lying...."

Just downloaded the sample!

message 21: by Elise (new)

Elise M. (EliseInAZ) Melissa wrote: "Hi all! I've been writing a series of mystery novels that fits the realistic fiction category. The main character is far from a perfect Christian, still struggling with smoking, swearing and lying...."

Have you listed it on Goodreads?

I tried to find it to add to my To Read list, but it doesn't come up.

message 22: by Nike (new)

I want to welcome everyone and encourage you to continue listing your novels.

message 23: by Mary (new)

Mary Findley | 5 comments Thank you for this opportunity, Nike!

message 24: by Elise (new)

Elise M. (EliseInAZ) Thanks, Nike. I will happily list my book once it's finished and published. Hopefully before the end of the year. LOL

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Westall | 4 comments Brandon wrote: "Glad this group exists!

I'm a pastor and I recently released an edgy Christian novel called Every Bush Is Burning.

Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12......"

Just started reading this last night, and I am enjoying it so far.

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Sutton) | 76 comments Decision to Love by Michelle Sutton

Eight years after Tony and Hope's affair ended, new problems arise. Jimmy has gone off to college, but returns home with a startling revelation that devastates his father and causes his final heart attack. Now Hope is grieving the loss of both her husband and their son. She tries to make sense of everything, and in the end she decides to love her son through the grief. More than that, she makes the decision to love whoever her son chooses to love, whether she agrees with his choices or not.

Tony's life has its own disaster tearing through it. First, he is accused of killing his ex-wife, but he is soon released once the authorities realize he had nothing to do with it. The tragedy with his ex led to some major changes in his life, however, and some soul-searching that ultimately turns Tony's life around. While he is still adjusting to his new perspective on life, his long-lost daughter Nina contacts him and has some secrets of her own. He is overjoyed to be reunited with his daughter, but with their relationship comes an entirely new set of challenges.

Jimmy is confused about his faith, his life, and ultimately, whom he should love. After some severe trials knock him off what he thought was the right course for his life, he makes the decision to love himself enough not to be used by someone again. But will his decision protect him in the end?

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (CathWest) | 3 comments I would like to list my book Yesterday's Tomorrow. It takes places during the Vietnam War, and I have been told it's very realistic. :-) It's a romance, so the focus isn't on the war itself. Give it a try and see what you think!
(It was just nominated as a finalist in The 2012 Reader's Favorite Awards, in the Christian Historical category).

message 28: by Janelle (new)

Janelle (JanelleB) | 44 comments All the best everyone with your books.

message 29: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 7 comments Victoria Dragon Part II by Jacob Lindaman
Victoria Dragon Part II

Check out my new short story featured in The Cross And The Cosmos ezine. Victoria Dragon Part II is the exciting conclusion to Victoria and her tribe of Amazons.

Do you like Amazons, human hunting machines, post apocalyptic world and mermaids? This is a story for you. Did I mention that it's free?

http://crossandcosmos.com/

http://jacoblindaman.com/

message 30: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Richmond | 9 comments Through Rushing Water by Catherine Richmond
Through Rushing Water releases tomorrow!
The Holocaust. The Killing Fields. Genocide in Sudan and the Congo.
It can't happen here.
It already has.

CatherineRichmond.com

message 31: by Dan (new)

Dan Schmidt | 3 comments Playa Perdida
Playa Perdida by Dan  Schmidt

When life heads south, you need a beach.

Working for churches has stretched Gray Albright thin. So with help from a friend, Gray takes his family away for a vacation, only to fall in with a group of expatriates eager to recruit him for a church in their secluded beach town.

Gray declines--until the congregation back home dumps him. Then, reluctantly, he decides to give Playa Perdida a try.

In the company of a one-armed vet, the dowager Charlotte Pipe, a surfing sage, a garage band whose members have surprising depth, and a gaggle of other off-beat charlatans and saints, Gray discovers what grace means, and takes.

Thanks for the opportunity to mention this novel!

www.toucanic.net

message 32: by Nike (new)

Perilous Shadows by Nike Chillemi

Third in the Sanctuary Point series, historical romantic thriiller (set, 1947 on the south shore of Long Island, NY)

Pioneer newspaperwoman Kiera Devane is on a mission to prove a woman can do a man's job, as she hunts a young coed's killer? Ace radio broadcaster Argus Nye lost one love to a murderous fiend and his pulse races as he tries to protect Kiera from herself as much as from this killer.

Kiera was doted upon by loving parent, but they were killed when she was a girl and she was shipped off to live with a socialite aunt who had little time for her. In her aunt's house, she learned life could be cold and cruel. As a result, she grew up to be an independent and demanding professional woman.

Argus Nye, still bereft from the loss of his first love, can't understand why this female reporter is mesmerizing him. As she takes chances with her life trying to catch a killer, he's determined to protect her.

http://www.amazon.com/Sanctuary-Point...

message 33: by Lezlie (last edited Jul 17, 2012 06:38AM) (new)

Lezlie | 1 comments Looking for reviewers for my latest novel, THE KING'S HEART. It contains violence as it is set in medieval England.

A bitter dose of one’s own medicine was never more callously concocted.

The King’s Heart is a tale of treachery and shifting alliances much like Ken Follett’s Pillars of the Earth that only the Anarchic period of English history could produce. A steward’s single act of vengeance delivers his domineering, cruel mistress into the ruthless hands of Worthington, an imperious, power-hungry young lord. Unwittingly, the servant’s betrayal of his lady sets in motion a battle of wills, which forever entangles the fates of the noble Houses of Tuttleberry and Worthington.

Given free rein by her husband, the selfish and spiteful Lady of Tuttleberry grows wild and unpredictable in her treatment of their people and knows no bit of restraint—for no one has ever dared to bridle her tongue or stay her hand. She rules through fear of the whip until she wakes one day with the tables turned. Suddenly, it is she who is at the mercy of a master, a harsh, unforgiving trainer who has it in mind to tame her, to bring her to his will—a will as stubborn as her own. However, what Charles does not intend is to grow fond of his new pet, so he hides her away just as she is broken, finally yielding to him, a spirit wounded. It seems she has learned to obey her master too late. Fate intervenes once again, and it is in this solitude that Cornella is reborn a wiser, stronger version of her former self and with her, a secret emerges that will bind the two of them together for the rest of their lives.

A story of remorse, gut-wrenching introspection, and poetic justice, the breathtaking twists and turns of The King’s Heart will keep the reader guessing until the bitter end.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Kings-Heart... The King's Heart by Lezlie Word Tyson

message 34: by Dan (new)

Dan Schmidt | 3 comments UNIVERSITY OF DAYS begins serialization today. Student pranksters, bickering trustees, neurotic writing instructor, and a dead president: welcome to a new year at UDays.
www.toucanic.net

message 35: by Lianne (last edited Jul 24, 2012 02:52PM) (new)

Lianne Simon (LianneSimon) | 5 comments Confessions of a Teenage Hermaphrodite is an authentic coming-of-age story of a child born with one testis and one ovary.
www.liannesimon.com/confessions

Confessions of a Teenage Hermaphrodite by Lianne Simon

message 36: by Jessiqua (new)

Jessiqua Wittman A Memoir of Love is written in first person by a woman with a sordid, hidden past. The setting is post-apocalyptic. Sin has magnified and spread to plague-like proportions, and the "good" people are usually the ones that end up paying for everyone's mistakes... as well as their own.
There's language, violence and sexual dialogue. Rape and a messy affair are also brought in. Christians have been silent on these kinds of issues for far too long. We need to start taking them by the horns and learning how to deal with them.

This is the text from the back cover of the book:
Marna…
The year is 2143 C.E.
The place is an insignificant settler cell in the Damascus region. Consumed with unrest and divided by indecision, it is the perfect battlefield for the spiritual forces of a post-apocalyptic world.
The original inhabitants of this land were descendants of the ancient Hadadian kings of Damascus, but after the second Great War ended, the refugees from the destroyed population centers nearby decided to call this area their new home. The Hadadians fell easily to their following conquest. They were already weak from religious skirmishes within themselves, and the covetous refugees were far more advanced technologically.
That was all sixty years ago. This year, 2143, our year, is the period everything is going to change for the forgotten kingdom. We, the multicultural grandchildren of that history, are ripe for a social Revolution. Our Settler’s Senate Council have proved themselves incompetent as leaders time and time again, and now war is looming with our European neighbor, Charn. Our last hope is to elect a Hadadian king to take the reins of our riotous people and rule like a man again.

A Memoir of Love (Memoirs of Life, #1) by Jessiqua Wittman
A Memoir of Love
Jessiqua Wittman

message 37: by Karen (new)

Karen Baney (karenbaney) | 2 comments A Dream Unfolding (Prescott Pioneers, #1) by Karen Baney A Dream Unfolding (Prescott Pioneers #1)

Relocating to the West in the 1860s was gritty, challenging, and involved a daily struggle to survive. This story follows the journeys of two families, the Andersons and the Colters as they experience very different journeys westward until their lives collide in a little town in Arizona.

A Heart Renewed (Prescott Pioneers, #2) by Karen Baney A Heart Renewed (Prescott Pioneers #2)

Julia Colter was left behind in Texas under the care of her older brother. When his controlling behavior crosses the line (rape), she must rely on a friend to get her to safety.

A Life Restored (Prescott Pioneers, #3) by Karen Baney A Life Restored (Prescott Pioneers #3)

Caroline Larson longs for adventure and romance. In her naivety, she goes to far with the man she is attracted to. By the time she discovers she is pregnant, he has gone missing and she must deal with the consequences.

A Hope Revealed (Prescott Pioneers #4) by Karen Baney A Hope Revealed (Prescott Pioneers #4)

Mary Colter has endured years of abuse. When her husband abandons her, she struggles to get by. After trying for a few years, she ends up moving to Arizona to live on her brother-in-law's ranching, unknowingly putting her in the path of her abusive husband again.

message 38: by Karen (new)

Karen Baney (karenbaney) | 2 comments Nickels by Karen Baney My contemporary novel, Nickels, is maybe less edgy than the historicals. It deals with a young woman who has lost everyone dear to her and she struggles to understand how to love and how to forgive.

message 39: by Nike (new)

Jewelie wrote: "I am new to this site. I actually joined so that I can find new Christian authors. This is so refreshing! Thank you for this site!"

We're glad to have you here. The Grace Awards supports all types of Christian writing. Our tag line is "expanding the tent pegs of Christian fiction." We're looking to help Christian authors who write authentic works, organic storylines. We have all types of Christian writers. Those write sweet stories with an uplifting message, those who write gritty mysteries and thrillers, fantasy, horror, edgy novels.

message 40: by Skylar (new)

Skylar Burris (skylarburris) | 9 comments Conviction  A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice by Skylar Hamilton Burris An Unlikely Missionary by Skylar Hamilton BurrisMy two historical romance novels present realistic Christian characters who struggle with their faith and callings in life, sometimes make waves among their Christian peers, and grow throughout the course of the novels. The books are stories first, and just happen to have characters who are Christian. I never actually meant for them to be "Christian fiction," but they were published by a Christian publisher and listed that way. Genre labels can unfortunately be confining when it comes to readership, and also when it comes to writing itself, so I am glad there are a few Christian publishers out there who don't insist writers check off every single narrow "Christian fiction" box.

message 41: by Dalaina (new)

Dalaina May (Dalaina_May) | 2 comments Yielded Captive by Dalaina May

Lord, this was not how it was supposed to end.

Allison Carter had dedicated her life to being a missionary in the jungles of Peru. Now she was being dragged into an unknown future by the very people she had come to reach.

They had attacked without warning or provocation. With her infant son in her arms and her husband, Eric, lying facedown with an arrow in his back, death seemed preferable to captivity in a primitive tribe with customs and mindsets alien to her own.

But Allison had to stay alive—if only to protect Isaac—to raise him to fear the one true God …

… that same God who had allowed her to suffer so much?

Stubborn as she was in resisting her abusive captors, Allison’s greatest battle was not with them, but with the God she thought she knew.

Why did He not rescue her? Where was He in her suffering? Could He still be trusted with Isaac’s and her future?

Get the first chapter at www.yieldedcaptive.com

message 42: by Richard (new)

Richard Hackett Jr (rhack) | 3 comments Hello Christian Readers,

If you're looking for a great Christian Thriller to capture your mind and get your spiritual juices flowing for a few days, I wanted to share with you a recent review on The Eyes of the Heart that was posted by James, a member who has written over 200 book reviews on Goodreads (who is brutally honest and direct). You can find the review at http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/.... I hope it encourages you to add it to the top of your 'to read' list. :)

Thank you for your consideration.

Richard Hackett
The Eyes of the Heart by Richard A. Hackett Jr.

message 43: by Elise (last edited Feb 24, 2013 07:37AM) (new)

Elise M. (EliseInAZ) I’m thrilled to announce the release of my edgy Christian fiction mystery, Faith, Hope, and Murder, as an e-book, now available at most major online retailers.
When Faith Andersen’s best friend asks her to help a stranger with a legal issue, she has no idea that Ursula’s problem is a fiancé convicted of murder. As a web designer, Faith’s knowledge of law is sketchy at best, but, having just lost her job, she has plenty of hours to fill.

The victim, a smuggler who brought both drugs and human beings over the Mexican border, had plenty of enemies. And even more dangerous friends.
Pastor John Menard has problems of his own. His ministry rocked by scandal, he’s already lost his wife and may just lose his congregation. It’s too soon after his divorce to think about another relationship; but there’s something about the pretty skeptic that draws him to her.

As Faith investigates the murder, she finds herself with more questions than answers. Who killed the coyote? Is Ursula really who she seems? And has Faith gotten herself into more peril than she’s ever imagined possible?

Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/bx8p3n5
Barnes and Noble: http://tinyurl.com/ansynou
Kobo: http://tinyurl.com/avevxsp
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Yes, I know I have to create my author page and get my book listed here on Goodreads, and lots of other promotional stuff, but my goal for this weekend is just to make people aware that there actually is a book. I'll update this listing when I can display the cover and Goodreads link.
If this story sounds like something you'd like to read, please download a sample and try it.
Faith, Hope, and Murder (Community of Faith Mysteries, #1) by Elise M. Stone

message 44: by Nike (new)

Elise wrote: "I’m thrilled to announce the release of my edgy Christian fiction mystery, Faith, Hope, and Murder, as an e-book, now available at most major online retailers.
When Faith Andersen’s best friend ask..."

Yippee!!!

message 45: by M.R. (last edited Jan 27, 2013 07:44PM) (new)

M.R. (LisG) | 3 comments I posted previously about the first book in my Emily O'Brien series, "Vengeance is Mine." Books two and three are also available on Amazon and at Smashwords in the ebook format. Right now, book 2, "Buried Truth," is free at Amazon. Thanks for giving me a place to post!

Foul Play (An Emily O'Brien novel #3) by M.R.  Miller Buried Truth (An Emily O'Brien Novel #2) by M.R.  Miller

message 46: by R. Leo (new)

message 48: by R. Leo (new)

R. Leo Olson | 2 comments Sojourning With Angels  The Rise of Zazriel by R. Leo Olson

This book never met the criteria of "christian publishing" because the language of the demons and main character were "too edgy." The reviews shared say the story sticks with them to ponder long after they are done reading.

message 49: by Mike (new)

Mike McNichols | 1 comments A Body Given by Mike McNichols

Here's my novel. It's the second in a trilogy (the final one is in process).

In Guatemala, women and children are being enslaved to work in sweatshops, assembling designer clothing for high-end consumers. In Los Angeles, men are going missing but no bodies are found. In New York City, two towers are about to fall. When an Anglican clergyman and his friends investigate a link between a Guatemalan sweatshop and a major US corporation, a new evil emerges, its reach expanding across the globe. It is an evil that is familiar to the friends, one that drains the life from human beings and was thought to have been defeated long ago in a small seaside town in southern California. Familiar characters from the novel This Side of Death return twelve years later to find that the horror of the vampire they thought had been destroyed is now about to revisit them in ways they couldn't have imagined. And the price the friends will pay for their confrontation with this new enemy will be devastating.

message 50: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Musch (NaomiMusch) | 2 comments Finally climbing on board! These novels are categorized as women's fiction since they always involve issues relative to women -- marriage, self-image, domestic abuse, identity, family, and so on. But I would also call them realistic in the sense of the historical setting. This generational series(Empire in Pine)takes place in Wisconsin from just prior to statehood in the 1840s to the peek of the logging boom when lumber barons and railroad kingpins ruled the 1890s.
The Green Veil (Empire in Pine, #1) by Naomi Dawn Musch The Red Fury (Empire in Pine #2) by Naomi Musch The Black Rose (Empire in Pine #3) by Naomi Musch

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Burning Hearts (other topics)
Goodbye Noel (other topics)
Second World (other topics)
Times of Trouble (other topics)
Through the Fury to the Dawn (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stu Jones (other topics)
James M. Becher (other topics)
Jessiqua Wittman (other topics)
Nathan A. Goodman (other topics)