Karin Slaughter's Grant County/Atlanta series discussion

Reading Order

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 11 comments I started reading Karin Slaughter's books last year. I started with Triptych, then I read Blindsighted. My question is what is the best order to read Karin's books in to get caught up on all of the series. Should I read each series in it's entiriety before moving on to the next series and which series is first. I totally enjoyed both books, and I know they are in 2 different series.

NayNay Grant County Series

Blindsighted (Grant County, #1)xxx Kisscut (Grant County, #2)xxx A Faint Cold Fear (Grant County, #3)xxx Indelible (Grant County, #4)xxx Faithless (Grant County, #5)xxx Beyond Reach (Grant County, #6)

Will Trent Series

Triptych (Will Trent, #1)xxx Fractured (Will Trent, #2)

Georgia Series

Undone (Georgia, #1)xxx Broken (Georgia, #2)xxx Fallen (Georgia, #3)

But the Georgia series is with Will Trent I would say all five books should be the Will Trent Series.

Criminal (Georgia #4) is due out in Nov 2012

Kirby | 19 comments Mod
I think I read undone first, and then started at the beginning...

NayNay I read Grant Series first in order because a friend loaned them to me with high praise and I loved them. Then I read the other five books, yes in order and I have to say I am in LOVE with Will Trent. They really are meant to be read in order because there are about 4 major turns that are important to the series. I hope this helps.

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 11 comments Thank you so much Naynay! Since I have only read 1 Will Trent book, I will continue and finish the Grant County series first before moving on.....

NayNay Linda wrote: "Thank you so much Naynay! Since I have only read 1 Will Trent book, I will continue and finish the Grant County series first before moving on....."

your welcome Linda

Melanie (aka Serial Reader) (akaSerialReader) Darnit, I missed this thread completey when I posted a question about the right order of her books!. Thanks y'all! This helps a lot!!

Jane Sondall | 1 comments I made a list of all the books then looked up the publication dates, put them in that order and started with the older to start with because some of the characters are in other series. So far it's working. I buy two Kindle books at a time, so I am not spending big bucks all at once. Just love the characters, and I am reading way to late in the night. Have trouble putting them down and turning off the light.

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 11 comments Jane, is your list similar to the one that Nay Nay provided??

message 10: by Donna (last edited Aug 18, 2012 09:32PM) (new)

Donna J (DonnaJ22) I find this site extremely helpful when looking for book order.
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/s/k...

A lot of the time it also gives you similar books by different authors when looking at a book. IE click on Triptych, scroll down and it gives you three similar author/books :)

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 11 comments Donna, I don't check out that site nearly enough. I need to visit more often, thanks for the reminder.

Heidi (quirkes) | 1 comments I would read the Grant County series first. I read Triptych before reading Beyond Reach(currently reading), so by reading the back of the Undone cover at the library I read some bad news...

message 13: by Pam (last edited Jan 20, 2013 05:00PM) (new)

Pam W. | 3 comments Heidi, that was my problem; I read the back of what I thought was the next book and it relayed upsetting information from previous book. So I set out to figure out which order to read in, thus my journey here.

Pam W. | 3 comments Jane wrote: "I made a list of all the books then looked up the publication dates, put them in that order and started with the older to start with because some of the characters are in other series. So far it's..."

great idea to go by publication dates, because I can tell that the different series converge.

Heather_k | 1 comments Hey everyone! I just purchased the first book of both series, but I am still confused as to where to start reading these books. I know I will love both series and I don't want to give anything away. Do I read the ENTIRE Grant County series before I read Will Trent? Or only the first few, and then bounce back and forth? Can anyone tell me the exact order I should read both series in? Thanks SO much!!

Phyllis | 17 comments You are going to love both series. I would start with Grant County only because it give background on Sara Linton. But you can read the Will Trent series first if you would want to. You wouldn't be lost.

Grant County
Blindsighted
Kisscut
A Faint Cold Fear
Indelible
Faithless
Beyond Reach

Will Trent Series
Triptych
Fractured
Undone
Broken
Fallen
Snatched (short Story)
Criminal
Unseen (out July 2013)

Kristin | 1 comments I agree both series Rock! Loved them all. I cannot wait for the next in Will Trent series!

Phyllis | 17 comments July 2nd, can't wait. Hope it is as good as Criminal. Each book seems to be better than the last

Christine (Chrissylovesherkindle) | 4 comments My favorites were from Triptych onwards, when they became darker. All are excellent though.

ps you need to update the list to add in the short story out this month called BUSTED starring our Will.

Phyllis | 17 comments Did not know about another short story will have to look for it.

Manjak | 1 comments For me it's like a tv series, you have to start at the very beginning! You have to get to know the characters...and in my opinion that only works if you read in the correct order.

Phyllis | 17 comments I have heard rumors about a TV Series based on Will Trent.

Kirby | 19 comments Mod
I found Kisscut at a library sale for 50 cents, so I'm currently rereading it. I want to eventually own all of them.

Aiesha (BigTexasAJ) | 2 comments Hello all! I have a question about Karin Slaughter's series.

I am on the 6th and last book of the Grant County series (awesome, by the way!) and I know she has the Will Trent series too, which I will start reading after this one. However, is the Grant County series done completely after this and everything transitions to the Will Trent series or should we be expecting more Grant County books in the future? I was confused about that worked. I didn't know if she completely stopped writing Grant County once she started writing Will Trent because I notice she is still coming out with Will Trent books but not Grant County. I doesn't matter to me either way, I was just curious. Thanks for any insight! :-)

Sam Arnold (samarnold1975) It seems to be that Karin Slaughter ended the Grant County series and then wrote the Will Trent series. However after a few if these she almost combined the two series into one. The familiar characters are about Sara Linton etc but they are combined with Will Trent.

Hope that makes sense

Christine (Chrissylovesherkindle) | 4 comments Aiesha, it will all make sense when you finish the Grant County series and see how it ends. Karin branched out to write about Will Trent and had slightly darker stories. She then decided to bring the two series together because Sara Linton is so popular. It sort of makes sense when you read them. She merges characters and stories in such a remarkable way. Read them all in order and you will just be dazzled.

Aiesha (BigTexasAJ) | 2 comments Christine wrote: "Aiesha, it will all make sense when you finish the Grant County series and see how it ends. Karin branched out to write about Will Trent and had slightly darker stories. She then decided to bring t..."

Great! I can't wait. Thank you and Sam for the info! I'm reading Beyond Reach now so after this, I will start Will Trent!

Sam Arnold (samarnold1975) Aiesha wrote: "Christine wrote: "Aiesha, it will all make sense when you finish the Grant County series and see how it ends. Karin branched out to write about Will Trent and had slightly darker stories. She then ..."

Enjoy they are all brilliant

Kirby | 19 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "She merges characters and stories in such a remarkable way. Read them all in order and you will just be dazzled."

I agree- it just seems so seamless and natural when they come together!

Secretjb | 1 comments So should I read the books in the order they were published or by series? I absolutely love Karin Slaughter...have Grant County and 1 or 2 Will Trent.

message 31: by Alex (last edited Jul 02, 2013 07:45PM) (new)

Alex | 1 comments I just recently discovered Karin Slaughter, via Triptych. I read that one, and then read Fractured. Knowing that Grant County characters come into play in Undone, I've got and am now reading Blindsighted and then the other Grant County books before I go on to Undone.

Phyllis | 17 comments You don't have to read the Grant County series before you read Will Trent. They are both stand alone series. But you get more background info if you start with Grant County first.

Kirby | 19 comments Mod
I can't wait until I manage to own both series and can read them straight through! I'm a little overexcited about it! LOL

Sam Arnold (samarnold1975) Karin Slaughters writing is so engaging you can easily read them all the way throughout without getting bored

Karin Slaughter's Grant County/Atlanta series

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Triptych (other topics)
Blindsighted (other topics)
Kisscut (other topics)
A Faint Cold Fear (other topics)
Indelible (other topics)
More...