Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Themes > Heroine is pregnant by a man other than the hero

Comments (showing 1-43 of 43) (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 2145 comments Mod
Can you list books where the heroine is pregnant, not by the hero, but another man?

message 2: by Natālija (new)

Natālija All recommendations are welcomed!

message 3: by Maleka (new)

message 4: by Maleka (new)

message 5: by Maleka (new)

message 6: by Maleka (new)

Maleka | 44 comments If you need more there is this Genre on goodreads

http://www.goodreads.com/genres/heroi...

message 7: by Demetra (new)

message 8: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments This sounds like an interesting theme!
I'll add a few to my shelf!

message 9: by Aruana (new)

Aruana | 248 comments Jane Porter's The Italian Groom (Latin Lovers) - just finished it. Wow, loved it!

Great H/h - the chemistry is fantastic. Must read!

message 10: by Natālija (new)

Natālija Thank you, ladies!

message 11: by Verity (new)

Verity | 551 comments Ride the Fire (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #3) by Pamela Clare The Paternity Claim (Harlequin Presents, #2371) by Sharon Kendrick A Sudden Sunlight (Silhouette Special Editions, #516) by Laurey Bright

the last 1 is kinda bleak, amnesiac heroine was raped.

message 12: by Demetra (new)

Demetra (DemetraHP) | 83 comments Oh, my God! I totally hate this theme! It' s the ultimate wall banger for me. :-p

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 2145 comments Mod
I started out reading HR books as my first romance novels and I expected the heroine to always be a virgin. It really bothered me for a time when she wasn't. So I really didn't like the heroine pregnant by another man theme much until I read some books that changed my mind. Catherine Anderson was probably one of the first authors who got me to change my mind about this theme.

message 14: by Natālija (new)

Natālija In my opinion, there are many reason behind being pregnant with another man's baby and ending up with a H. Of course, being thoughtless is one of them, but hey, life happens, and her baby's father can pass away, seduce her or simply be a jerk and not worthy to stay with.

message 15: by Verity (new)

Verity | 551 comments I like this theme cuz it shows the selflessness of the hero & that his irreversible luv 4 heroine extends to the bun in her toaster, even if it ain't the fruit of his loins. His capacity 4 lurve isn't limited to the partner, like, wot's yours is mine too. That's incredibly endearing to me.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

That's what I like about the theme as well, Verity!

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine | 53 comments The Doctor's gift by Lucy Clark (Medical Romance)http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1239...

message 18: by Asteropê (new)

Asteropê (21Tauri) | 77 comments Sheik Protector
h is pregnant by the H's twin brother.

message 19: by Asteropê (last edited Apr 30, 2012 12:17AM) (new)

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) Hired by Her Husband -- The hero and heroine married when she was pregnant by his cousin. The book takes place about five years later, when hero and heroine are seperated, but I think there were some flashbacks to the start of their relationship.

message 23: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments Verity wrote: "Cowboy's Triplet Trouble by Carla Cassidy Cowboy's Triplet Trouble"

I love cowboys!
Adding this one to my list!

message 24: by Aruana (new)

Aruana | 248 comments Aaaa, the new Jane Porter has this theme - brilliant book. Just finished it! Stunning! 5 Star read.

His Majesty's Mistake

The H is selfless. What a man.

message 25: by Asteropê (new)

Asteropê (21Tauri) | 77 comments I mentioned that one. I liked it, too! :-)

message 26: by Aruana (new)

Aruana | 248 comments Ἀστερόπη - Asteropê wrote: "I mentioned that one. I liked it, too! :-)"

Oops, missed that. I don't think it's out in the US yet?

I did'nt want it to end.

message 27: by Asteropê (new)

Asteropê (21Tauri) | 77 comments Aruana wrote:
Oops, missed that. I don't think it's out in the US yet? I did'nt want it to end."

I'm not sure if it is or not. I read it as Mills & Boon, so probably not yet. Presents are always behind M&B.

message 28: by Aruana (new)

Aruana | 248 comments Jip, I'm in South Africa and I bought it yesterday - Mills & Boon.

message 29: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

If you like historicals, Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady is a good book with this theme. Heroine is pregnant by hero's deceased brother.

message 30: by Verity (new)

Verity | 551 comments U're da best, D ! Lurve sloppy 2nds !

message 31: by Zumbagirl (new)

Zumbagirl | 1 comments I'm not sure if this was already mentioned in this thread, but The Governess Affair (Brothers Sinister, #0.5) by Courtney Milan fits this theme and was very good

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (last edited May 25, 2012 12:03PM) (new)

LOL, thanks, V!

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Zumbagirl, thanks for the recommendation!

message 34: by Verity (last edited Jun 09, 2012 06:37PM) (new)

Verity | 551 comments Jacqueline Baird - Husband @ convenience. Luvly hero is half a step too late when H/h meet. The virginal heroine got drunk & insta preggers ensues. Conveniently half bro aka baby daddy expires, so hero steps up to the plate to save the day. But when amnesia hits heroine, he deliberately keeps her in the dark just to soak his flagbearer in her panties. OW throws darts @ wife, so mutual jealousy causes big mis. He thinks she's still not over half-bro, she thinks he's still boning his mistress.

message 35: by 3meg (new)

3meg | 361 comments luv your comments Verity...always the best!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Morning Glory by L. Spencer
A Forever Family by Brenda Coulter
Sweet Lullaby by Lorraine Heath
A Baby on the Ranch: A Baby on the Ranch\Ramona and the Renegade (Harlequin American Romance) by Marie Ferrarella
A Natural Father by Sarah Mayberry

message 37: by Anon1001 (new)

Anon1001 | 56 comments Hired by the Cowboy by Donna Alward

message 38: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline | 237 comments From Waif To His Wife Just finished this one last night.

message 39: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (Aisha1991) | 59 comments Forbidden fruit by charlotte lamb
guess its a old school harlequin

message 40: by Anon1001 (last edited Jun 03, 2014 09:54AM) (new)

Anon1001 | 56 comments Baby Makes Nine by Vivian Leiber
Her Baby His Proposal by Teresa Carpenter
Expecting a Miracle by Jackie Braun
And Babies Make Four by Marie Ferrarella
The Billionaire and the Baby by Marie Ferrerella
The Beauty and the Baby by Marie Ferrerella
A Bachelor and a Baby by Marie Ferrerella

message 41: by Anon1001 (new)

Anon1001 | 56 comments The Baby Mission by Marie Ferrerella

Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews | 153 comments Hi Anan1001,
Desert Prince, Expectant Mother by Olivia Gates is one of my all time favourites. It has a really strange twist. I would love to read your review if you ever read this one.
Also The Sheikh and the Pregnant Bride by Susan Mallery ( even though I really didn't like this one at all) but you decide for yourself if you ever read it.

message 43: by Verity (new)

Verity | 551 comments 2ndary character is preggers after gang-raped during French Revolution :
Iris Johansen - Storm winds.
I've re-read this epic book so many times that my dead-tree is all creased. I lurve FR. I actually liked Francois & Catherine's storyline much bettah than Jean-Marc & Juliette's.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Convenient Proposition (other topics)
The Baby Album (other topics)
The Prince's Pregnant Bride (other topics)
A Cold Creek Secret (other topics)
Surrender to the Highlander (other topics)
More...