Parallelia discussion

Lands > Yettesville

Comments (showing 1-50 of 422) (422 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Oddity (last edited Apr 24, 2012 08:02PM) (new)

Oddity  (falinfreakster) | 1772 comments Mod
A Wheel of Misfortune, a chess board where losing means death.
When you play these carnival games, watch just what you bet.

WARNING: This is a rather gory thread. You've been warned.

message 2: by Oddity (last edited Apr 24, 2012 06:25PM) (new)

Mordecai took Ebony to the deserted fairground, already tense. "Tarot! Show yourself!" Just then an eerie tune floated around them, sounding like a broken music box. A tent in the middle of the rest moved, and a big man came out of the flap, licking something scarlet off his lips. Mordecai pulled Ebony closer to him protectively.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony seemed a bit bored until they got there she was alert and watching everything. After hearing the haunting music and watching the man come out she twitched slightly Mordecai wasn't kidding when he said this place was creepy. She was glad Mordecia was here with her becuase she wouldn't want to go alone "Hello sir" she said quietly

message 4: by Oddity (last edited Apr 24, 2012 06:30PM) (new)

Tarot grinned devilishly and approached them. "Look at these two lovebirds! Would you like to play a game, nice sir? Win your lady a stuffed bear, it's rather easy." He pointed to the right where a bear dangled from a noose in the distance.
Mordecai shook his head. "We're not lovers, we only came to meet the great Tarot Culte himself." The two stared into each other's eyes, seeming to say something to each other.

message 5: by ღஐKendraღஐ (last edited Apr 24, 2012 06:40PM) (new)

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony blushed slightly "Yes were not in any relation of that sort. He just brought me here so I could visit" she looked to where he was pointing frowning not wanting to trust anything here. Ebony looked from Mordecai and then to Tarot seeing something was going on "What are you two doing?" she asked with a raised eyebrow

message 6: by Oddity (new)

Mordecai broke the gaze first. "Would you be so hospitable as to give us a brief tour?" he asked politely.
Tarot looked at them darkly but nodded. "Before the tour you must both be stamped." He took from under his strange jester clothing an ink stamp. Without warning, he then he took Ebony's arm and pressed it into her wrist. A black print showed depicting two hearts being pierced by a crescent moon. "You next," he said, stamping Mordecai's arm.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony frowned glaring at him not liking being taken by surprise she inspected her wrist carefully looking over the stamp. Ebony spoke up "What do these stamps do exactly?" she asked suspiciously

message 8: by Oddity (new)

"They're required for the tour," he answered gruffly, like that explained everything.
Mordecai inspected the marking. "Tarot, tell us now what they do."
The man being addressed growled out, "They're like entrance passes, all right? Now are you coming or not?"

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony glared not liking these incomplete answers she wanted an explination. She frowned looking down again using her other hand to try to wipe off the marking but no matter how hard she rubbed it wouldn't get off. She frowned again in displeasure,but said nothing figuring they best get on with the tour. "I guess we should just go on with the tour"

message 10: by Oddity (new)

"Follow me. The ink won't come off until after the tour us over. Here is our first attraction, come inside." He led them to an enormous deep purple tent.
Mordecai took Ebony's hand again, wishing that he hasn't dragged get into this so quickly.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony pursed her lips a bit angry she had decided to come with Mordecai to this place she should have just stayed by herself. Wait not alone she would be with the stone but she remembered it was with her deep inside her cloak. She gave out a annoyed sigh "Fine then,on with the tour I suppose"

message 12: by Oddity (new)

"I'll keep this guy from hurting us, don't worry," he whispered, hoping to sound like he believed it. Inside the tent was several life-sized puppets dangling from the cloth roof, and a long table at the far back arranged with rotting meats, candy crawling with maggots, and popcorn with a few human organs garnishing the top. "Welcome to Tent One. Here you can get snacks and enjoy the hourly show. Feel free to look around."

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony started at the table starting to pale which was something since she was already pale. "Oh my God.." she turned away and burried her face in Mordecai's arm for a moment trying to regain herself. She then slowly looked back up seeming to almost throw up she just shook her head in distgust "This is sick just sick..." she murmured not looking up at the ceiling since she had already glimpsed at it.

message 14: by Oddity (new)

Mordecai shuddered, he had never seen anything like this. This was just wrong in every way. He held Ebony, hiding her face from the gruesome sight and brushing her hair lightly with his hands. "Tarot, I think we'll be leaving now."
Tarot turned to them. "Well, all right. But please, allow me to first show you our main attraction." A puppet woman opened its eyes slowly, shuddered, and feel hard to the ground. It then pushed Mordecai away and led Ebony into another tent gently.

message 15: by ღஐKendraღஐ (last edited Apr 24, 2012 08:26PM) (new)

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony blinked wait what was happening where was this thing taking her? She was quiet scared those things scared her she just let it take to wherever it was taking her "Where are you taking me? Please make it quick I want to leave now" she said in a quivering voice. Ebony then looked back at Mordecai with a helpless expression then turned to look ahead.

message 16: by Oddity (new)

Mordecai ran after her, but once he had stepped outside, they were give, and he couldn't tell where they went.
The puppet had taken Ebony to a tent full of costumes. She moved mechanically over to a wardrobe, where sure pulled out a lovely, if not a bit old, harlequin-patterned gown. She brought it to Ebony and motioned for her to try it on.
Tarot came up behind Mordecai. "We're going to play a game," he said, laying a heavy hand on his shoulder.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony bit her lip looking around the tent seeing the explosions of colors all different kinds of clothing. Maybe this could be fun maybe it wasn't as bad as the rest of this place. She looked at the puppet and then took the dress quickly undressing from the cloak. She put the gown on knowing the stone was inside the hidden pocket of the cloak so she let her cloak fall into a heap. She smiled slightly at the dress liking the change.

message 18: by Oddity (last edited Apr 24, 2012 08:50PM) (new)

The wooden woman then sat Ebony down and began to paint symbols on her face with a delicate brush. She made designs like those seen on cards, but each of the four symbols had intricate designs on the inside that required a looking glass to see clearly. After she had finished, she led Ebony to the rickety Wheel of Misfortune outside. Mordecai was there, his mouth and hands held tight by none other than Tarot himself.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony's smile vanished and started at the wheel and then to Tarot who had Mordecai. Her glare was full of hatred flames of anger could be seen in her eyes "let him go right now!" She said in a angry demanding voice. She wanted nothing to do with this place anymore.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments ((Gtg))

message 21: by Oddity (new)

message 22: by Oddity (last edited Apr 25, 2012 02:22PM) (new)

Mordecai tried to shake his head, but he was a twig compared to this guy. Run, Ebony! he screamed inside his head. I'll be fine, just please hear this and run! He's not after me...
"Quit struggling, roach," Tarot snarled, gagging him. He painfully grabbed a fistful of his hair and twisted it in his filthy hands.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony looked straight at Mordecai reading his thoughts she gave a solemn look but nodded telling him she understood. She then smiled slyly "Tarrot its never been about us has it? You want something don't you?" She laughed coldly "you don't have to answer that I already know. You underestimate me" she glared eyes changing colors. Without looking at Mordecai she said mentally 'you have done enough by getting us into this mess now I'm getting us out'

message 24: by Oddity (new)

Tarot looked at her, confused. "What? I have no idea what you're talking about." He slammed Mordecai against the wheel and knocked him out.
Mordecai was shoved hard into the wheel before he knew what was happening. As the world turned black, he struggled to keep from falling. No... I have to tell her that... He slumped to the ground in a heap.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony watched Mordecai fall to the ground "You don't have to be so violent we can talk this out" she said with a frown she would help him later. Ebony looked back at Tarot "Then what do you want then?" with an eyebrow raised with hands on her hips.

message 26: by Oddity (new)

Tarot moved his fingers slightly, and Mordecai rose from the ground like he was on strings, still unconscious. "I'm only doing my job: putting on a show."

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony watched this "Oh I see how..." she searched for a word "amusing" she smiled slightly "Well I'm afraid my friend and I will be leaving now maybe next time we can see your show. So if you could just let him go..."

message 28: by Oddity (new)

Mordecai lunged at Ebony and tried to drag her to the wheel. "Not so fast, now. The fun is only beginning."

message 29: by ღஐKendraღஐ (last edited Apr 25, 2012 04:49PM) (new)

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony shrieked as Mordecai grabbed her trying to get him off her "No stop this at once!" her eyes flashed green again and she stopped struggling letting her take her to the wheel. She just smiled as if nothing was the matter "Proceed" the stone again had given her an idea.

message 30: by Oddity (new)

Mordecai strapped her to the wooden machine, a silver string on his arm catching what slivers of sunlight there was here. Tarot raised a thick, dark eyebrow at Ebony, but said nothing.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony giggled "OOO watch has it spins such suspense. Round and Round! Where will it land? Nobody knows" she giggled again with the hazy look in her eyes. Even though she seemed day dreamed she was ever vigilant she timed it perfectly and saw the string she then nodded. All of a sudden the strings snapped.

message 32: by Oddity (last edited Apr 25, 2012 05:37PM) (new)

Mordecai plummeted to the walkway, unable to move. Tarot was so angry his face turned red that showed through his white makeup. "BLOODY WANKER! YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!" He punched the space right next to her head.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony smiled devilishly "Who me I didn't do anything.I'm strapped to this blasted wheel how could I possibly do that?" she quiet enjoyed how angry he was.

message 34: by Oddity (new)

"Look, I don't know what kind of magic you're using, but cut it or our I'll cut your tongue out." He was close enough that she could smell his rancid breath.

message 35: by ღஐKendraღஐ (last edited Apr 25, 2012 05:41PM) (new)

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony started back at him with her smile still on her face despite the horrible smell of his breath "Oh alright if you insist,but what about you get me off of this wheel.I really don't want to use force to get out of this so I'm asking nicely please let me down" she tried to contact Mordecai saying 'Mordecai get up this instant! I need your help' she said mentally.

message 36: by Oddity (new)

Tarot roughly unchained and threw her off the wheel, discreetly repairing the threads, making them stronger with some unspeakable curses. "Don't try anything, girlie. I have several tricks up my sleeve you'll find rather unpleasant."

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony fell to the floor and got up slowly dusting herself off "Rude" she murmured she sighed stepping back. "I can't promise anything and I'd rather not see any tricks I don't like tricks unless I do them" she said with a frown. "Just let me leave and everything will be fine you can keep him I honestly don't need him" she said coldly.

message 38: by Oddity (new)

"Well aren't you nice. After that kid hugged you like that and everything," he replied bluntly. "Just for your opinion, should I boil his innards for gruel or make a a puppet of him?"

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony frowned in disgust "Actually I have made up my mind I think I will take him with me since he is I guess a...'friend'" she had never used the word friend before and it tasted funny in her mouth. "I don't think he would like either of those opinions"

message 40: by Oddity (new)

"What a deceitful thing you are! I'm actually quite bored of you both, and neither of you are scared. I can't feed off of you two, but if I see you again I will personally make you each watch the other die. Understand that, wench?" He have her a look that clearly read, "Go to the deuce."

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony nodded quickly "Oh o-ok that's great we will be sure to watch ourselves sir. We will be on our way and I don't think you will see us again. Farewell sir" she said quickly trying to control herself the 'cool' act was just a mask she really was nervous. Ebony quickly moved towards Mordecai.

message 42: by Oddity (new)

Tarot released the bonds from Mordecai and the stamp from Ebony, but kept the brand on the former's hands. "Shake him awake," he said, turning.,"And stop with the courageous act, you've proven yourself to be a terrible performer. My rats will return your clothing later, though I can't guarantee it won't have holes in it when you receive it."

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Ebony blushed slightly at how he saw through her she was about ready to leave when she turned around to face him "Wait no! I want and need my clothes right now! Give them to me!" she paused for a moment then remembered her manors she cleared her throat "I mean please give my clothes back,I would appreciate it"

message 44: by Oddity (last edited Apr 25, 2012 06:57PM) (new)

He mimicked her voice, "Please get out of my territory. I would appreciate it." Then in his regular tone he said, "Buzz off before I change my mind about letting you dunces run free."

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments "But,But,But...I need them! Fine give it back really quickly I quiet enjoy that piece of clothing" she said angry not liking being mimicked "And I don't sound like that!" She glared then grabbed Mordecai by his shirt collar and dragged him out of there not caring if she wasn't gentle she was rather mad at him.

((To the tower!!!))

message 46: by Oddity (new)

Mordecai opened his eyes slightly and stood up wobbily. "Ugh, what happened? Why are you wearing that dress? Wait!" He stumbled after her.
((Forwards, onwards, moving on!))

message 47: by Oddity (new)

Tarot growled. Now what was he supposed to do with cursed knives? He supposed he could cut Mira up a bit. He stalked away, off to prepare the next surprise show.

ღஐKendraღஐ | 910 comments Quinn soundlessly walked into the grounds of Yettesville looking very nervous she kept jumping and looking around if she heard the slightest thing. She said to Mordecai in a shakily voice "Is this the place? We better get that stone back or she will kill us both..." she said but stopped thinking about it because it only made her more nervous

message 49: by Oddity (new)

"Don't worry, I'll get it back. You just... keep watch. I'm going to look around."
Mira poked her head out of the tent flap to see if Tarot had gone. When she saw Mordecai and Quinn, she gave a silent shriek and retreated back inside.

message 50: by Oddity (last edited Apr 26, 2012 06:05PM) (new)

Mira's eyes widened with terror when Quinn looked into the tent. She stepped back shakily.
Mordecai peered into the props and costume tent to see if the stone had simply fallen out, though he knew to doubt it. He began looking through the mess.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

unread topics | mark unread