Reading the Classics discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Nominations > May Group Read

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Comments (showing 1-9)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 408 comments Mod
The discussion is up for Lolita. Any who are still reading The Grapes of Wrath, I put the discussions in the Past Group Reads folder, so please continue reading and discussing.

message 8: by Sary (new)

Sary | 13 comments so excited :D

message 7: by Jenn (last edited Apr 30, 2012 09:22AM) (new)

Jenn | 408 comments Mod
Lolita won the poll! I will be picking up the book at the library today so I should have the discussion threads up by this evening or tomorrow. I look forward to everyone joining us in the discussion of Lolita especially those who voted for the book in the poll. Happy reading!

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 408 comments Mod
OK the poll is up! Please vote for the May group read. Poll will end next Monday the 30th. We look forward to everyone's participation in the poll as well as the group read and discussion!

message 5: by Dolores, co-moderator (new)

Dolores (Dizzydee39) | 342 comments Mod
Since we only have 2 nominations so far, how about we take 2 books from previous polls that were nominated and got some votes? How about Death for the Archbishop and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer? ?????

message 4: by Sary (new)

Sary | 13 comments i third Lolita!!!

message 3: by Dolores, co-moderator (new)

Dolores (Dizzydee39) | 342 comments Mod
"Love in the Time of Cholera" is probably too modern. We should draw the line at fifty years, so "Lolita" is OK.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 17 comments I have several suggestions: "Little Women", "Lolita", and "Love in a Time of Cholera"- unless y'all think this last is too modern. I'm open to virtually anything though.

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 408 comments Mod
Let's start nominations for our May group read. Poll will be set up next Monday.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lolita (other topics)
The Grapes of Wrath (other topics)