The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9) The Darkest Seduction discussion

What did you think of Paris's LONG-AWAITED story?

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tabby I have to say I was very please with how things finally turned out for Paris and Sienna, after all they had both been through up to this point. What's y'all's take on this one? Anything you wish had been done differently?

Lynette I really loved it and pretty much everything about the entire series and this latest book. I'm sad to see the LOTU go for a while, but I understand and hope Showalter comes back to them soon! The only thing I didn't like was that Paris' Demon didn't react the same way as the other Demons did to their loves. I didn't like that he was still making Paris horny with other people. I could have done without that part, but other than that- it was fantastic for me!!! :)

Brittany I loved this book, i thought it was one of my favorite in the series. I loved that there were surprises and I love when there are scene that make me go "o.O did that just happen? oh my god!" I love when books do that for me.

Lynette Brittany....what part(s) made you go "Did that just happen?". I had so many of these too, just curious what yours were :)

Brittany well when Stider and Paris were talking in the gym. ( i mean who wasn't shocked with that scene lmao) and one of the last scenes with Sienna and Cronus ( don't want to say it incase someone hasn't read it haha) those were the 2 that are sticking out

Hazel I didnt dislike the book but it wasnt as good as I thought it would be. It felt like an inbetweeny book where she was setting up the rest of the series rather than being focused on Paris which I would have prefered. Will be reading the rest of the series though, getting pretty interrested in what will be happening with Galen

Elayne Lynette wrote: "I really loved it and pretty much everything about the entire series and this latest book. I'm sad to see the LOTU go for a while, but I understand and hope Showalter comes back to them soon! The..."

I agree...I wanted Paris and his Demon totally devoted to Sienna and "unable" to be aroused by others!....found it hilarious when the demon "wanted" William though! LOL

Brittany Bk70lvr wrote: "Brittany wrote: "well when Stider and Paris were talking in the gym. ( i mean who wasn't shocked with that scene lmao)

I always wondered if something like that had ever happened to Paris, and wh..."

I can see why she didn't though. There are people out there that would be really uncomfortable reading about 2 men, I personally would be giggling through the whole thing. Though I would LOVE to have read that cause I think it would have been interesting.

And also, if you're a straight man and had to have sex with another man or you'd die, you probably wouldn't want to talk or think about it either. lol

message 9: by Ruthie (last edited Dec 04, 2012 06:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ruthie it was okay. but it could have been better. I agree with bk70lvr, about the "baby" pet name thing and the scene with strider in the gym. I felt some plot elements were forced like the whole Cronus giving Torin the you know what.
Actually most of Cronus' actions didn't make sense. He's a terrible "evil overlord" - and I don't mean "terrible" as in terrifying - i mean "terrible" as in he doesn't know what he really wants. In some books he helps the lords for no apparent reason like with Scarlet and Gideon but in others he acts against them. His actions always contradict his purpose. The only thing that ever made sense was that he wanted Galen destroyed because of the whole prophecy thingy. I also don't understand why Galen gave the cloak up so easily. I also felt like the angels vying for Sienna to be on their team was poorly executed. They wanted her so badly, but then they didn't really do anything that gave them some bargaining power with her - it was all just "you must join us" which was just silly; it's like ms. showalter just added that to put more obstacles in Paris' and Sienna's HEA. The last battle was just confusing - it was: (view spoiler) Again so many plot elements that could have been written better but instead made the characters act simply foolish in the readers' eyes.

Lerato I didn't enjoy their story at all and the only reason I kept on going was to find out about the other lords, especially Kain and Torin. The whole thing with Sienna didn't make any sense to me.I was never a fan of hers so maybe she never stood a chance.

message 11: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Rook All I can say is I need to read this story between Paris and strider! I really hope gena writes it as an extra!

Adoore I agree with Lerato I was never a big fan of Sienna. I don't like who she ended up becoming I thought Paris deserved someone better but those were just my thoughts. I do love the world and especially William and I can't wait till I read more of these wonderful characters. Does anyone know when the next book comes out?

Ruthie Sophie wrote: "All I can say is I need to read this story between Paris and strider! I really hope gena writes it as an extra!"
Yeah! i agree!! hahaha

message 14: by Dhfan4life (new) - added it

Dhfan4life I liked some parts of this book. And another parts I'm at a total loss. I mean what was up with Cronus being so easy to kill that way? And in general it being done by Sienna of ALL characters? Particularly by way of will alone.

I too agree some of the characters were off. Even Rhea didn't seem like herself at all in this. Nor did Galen. Heck even William and the whole conditioner thing was super annoying. He was beyond a male Viola to me.

And lastly I wasn't a fan of how she wrote the ending of this. I mean to me this book sounds like a wrap up to her series. Which is not cool since Kane's book is coming up this year. So I don't know how she will rewind the feel of Paris's book to make the reader still feel part of the fun and the action again after such a wrap up. And I think that will be very unfair to Kane as his story was getting really interesting.

But I do appreciate that Legion had her vow ended, we finally know who has Distrust, and that a immortal can have more than one demon at a time. I also liked that the twins were finally born. Freaky little demon babies that they are lol. But glad everyone accepts them and it's not weird.

Kelly Molloy Hazel wrote: "I didnt dislike the book but it wasnt as good as I thought it would be. It felt like an inbetweeny book where she was setting up the rest of the series rather than being focused on Paris which I wo..."

I felt the same way about this book

Karen Not a big fan of this one. Paris and Sienna relationship was just flat. The ending seemed rushed and it confused me LOL. Love the Strider/Paris teaser.

Shaye Lowe I did not like that Paris was paired with Sienna. She tried to kill him which is definitely a con when picking a mate. It didn't feel right to me. Plus, we'd already had enemy turned lover with Amun and Haidee. And then to top it off she became the Ruler of the Titans. It was my least favorite in the series.

2readmore It was not one of the best, but it was good. Finally Paris gets his girl! For me it was almost a bit of a let down. Sienna was a bit too convienient in terms of giving the villians a quick ending. I thought it would have dragged out a few more books. I mean come on, Sienna God of the Titans? Really? In all it was good.

Jessica I was just honestly happy to have it over with. Paris was getting annoying, and he still is. I don't like Sienna, and I'm not really happy with how she got everything in the end. Will made the book though. There were some good parts like the battle. I just don't like the main characters. Kane's book was much better.

Delaney I was very happy with the way things worked out for them, not to mention all my other Lords, I still think Maddox, and Aeron's books are my favorite! I just love their books

Adoore I so agree with you Jessica. Sienna just doesn't feel right. Will saved the book in my eyes can't wait till we get his book and I will have heart attack if he is not paired up with Gilly.

message 22: by Nan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nan Loved it. He deserved, after everything.

Hope Nyx will be back for another book too.

Celest I wasn't too excited by it. Paris isn't my favorite. I'm not really into the whole "Shoot the chick I got hard for twice just dropped dead on me time to angst until my story is resolved." Didn't help that it kept doing that until Paris and Sienna basically got their acts together and brought the whole thing to a long, drawn-out close.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Darkest Seduction (other topics)