Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12) Lothaire discussion

Disappointed or Satisfied?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 74) (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Tabby I love the IAD series and I had waited for this one for so long. I actually enjoyed it for the most part. The whole sending his black heart as a gift to her and her returning her middle finger to him as a gift was just priceless....

Denna loved it. i love the IAD series. :)

Ashley I am SATISFIED. Lothaire and Elizabeth are amazing. Love love the IAD series .

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Loved it! This is the second book I have read by this author, and so far so good.

Georgiana Definitely satisfied. : )

Tabby Jessie wrote: "Loved it! This is the second book I have read by this author, and so far so good."

You should definitely read them all! You won't be disappointed. I promise.

Terri Austin Loved it. Ready for the next IAD and the new series, the Dacians. *rubbing hands together gleefully*

Simone Absolutely LOVED this book... it was my favourite out of the whole series!

Ashley-Anne The whole sending his black heart as a gift to her and her returning her middle finger to h..."

that was freking brilliant

Ashley-Anne I actually had overly high hopes for this book. it was great but it wasnt exciting. i loved how much it cleared up though and how much it screwed up! I feel awful for everyone with their names in Lothaires book, now la dorada has them!

message 11: by EJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

EJ MACK So satisfied that I wanted more!!!!!

Missyb At first I wasn't sure I'd enjoy this book, but boy was I wrong. I really liked it. I enjoyed the characters & twists, and look forward to the next book. Which I think this book opened up new possibilities and leaves me looking forward to where things are going.

Missyb Ashley wrote: "I actually had overly high hopes for this book. it was great but it wasnt exciting. i loved how much it cleared up though and how much it screwed up! I feel awful for everyone with their names in L..."

a whole new can of worms has opened up, & I look forward to where this is going.

message 14: by Syfy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Syfy I had extremely high hopes for where she'd take this story. It was, after all, LOTHAIRE! So, mildly disappointed, yet satisfied. Because it is the authors reputation, her characters and series, and we all agree she's brilliant.

Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books Tabby wrote: "I love the IAD series and I had waited for this one for so long. I actually enjoyed it for the most part. The whole sending his black heart as a gift to her and her returning her middle finger to h..."

Yeah, I liked that Ellie did that also.

message 16: by jD (new) - rated it 5 stars

jD I loved it so much I am planning a re-read as soon as I can get to it. Lothaire's reaction to waking up in a wife-beater nearly made me drop my Kindle laughing.

Cynthia Totaly Satisfied. One of my best audio books.Loved it.

Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books LOL!! I LOVED that wife-beater's comment too!! I was rolling on the floor laughing!!

Jamie I Loved it!:)) I agree with the whole sending her finger thing=)) it was priceless I didn't expect that:))

Sarahlyn I've read everyone of the IAD series. I couldn't wait for Lothaire's version to arrive at the national library and got my husband to buy it for me online. Every book is original and fast paced. I won't get the impression like Kresley Cole has recycled ideas or language usage. It's quite a feat. The bad characters somehow are endearing. And, I have tried reading other paranormal romance novels, I never get past the first chapter. Kresley's my idol.

Sharon Very satisfied I loved Elizabeth and thought she was a good match for Lothaire. Can't wait for more!

Pamela Y. I so totally loved this story. It was not what I was expecting. I am so thankful for that because it was an amazing story. I was also floored by the love scenes(YUMMY)I too was laughing so hard when Lothaire realized he was in a wifebeater. Kudos for Kresley Cole she did not disappoint.

Moonlight It wasn't my favorite. I love the series but this one just didn't appeal to me much. I'm looking forward to the next one.

message 24: by Chrisolu (last edited Jul 09, 2012 11:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chrisolu Satisfied I guess. I wished Lothaire groveled a bit more at the end and I didn't like the "face phucking" stuff. BTW, why do I see that sort of thing in romance novels now? What is romantic about that? Loved seeing Nix, Thaedus( oh he is so hot in that southern shy sweet natured hunky body way). Lothaire is a funny cocky dude. I'm so interested in this other vampire kingdom.

Christine EXTREMELY SATISFIED. Loved it. Love the series. Hope it continues to be as well written, drop down, laugh out loud, milk through the nose funny.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

phonix is nix real name and ithe love hate realationship is obvious whoose really lothlaires mate is it not? WHO IS HE LUSTING AFTER REALLY! WWAITED FOR THIS BOOK FOR MONTHS EXTREMLY SATISFIED RAZZORETTE

Ashley Smith LOVE the IAD!!! This book did not disappoint. I was afraid that it would be like so many other series that the later books would be a let down. But alas Kresley delivered (like always). I can't wait for the next book. Thought I would pee myself when Ellie got his black heart and then mailed him her finger back and the wifebeater was just pricless. But I have to say Caraway's(think that's how it spelled) and Malcome's story is my fav. so far. Can't wait to see what Nucking Futs Nix's story will be like.

Nikki Kresley Cole totally ruined me for other romance novels! I love IAD I've read the entire series! and this book is definitely one of my favorites!

Chrisolu Does anyone have a recomendation for another series that is like IAD? I love the Kresley Cole series and the only other series I've read are Feehan's Capthians series.

Denna Chrisolu wrote: "Does anyone have a recomendation for another series that is like IAD? I love the Kresley Cole series and the only other series I've read are Feehan's Capthians series."

You could read the fever series by Karen Marie Moning although it's not exactly like the IAD series but it is a really good series, you might like it.

Chrisolu thanks Deana :) I'm going to Barnes&Noble tomarrow so I will look into this series.

Ashley Smith Chrisolu wrote: "Does anyone have a recomendation for another series that is like IAD? I love the Kresley Cole series and the only other series I've read are Feehan's Capthians series."

The arugara (i think how it's spelled) series by Lyndsay Sands is pretty good. It's not like IAD but it's not bad. And darkness chosen by Christina Dodd is great.

=^☺^=mskitty I loved it, one of my favorites of this series.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

very sasffied lothlaire is one off thoose rare books you can read many times anbnever get tired . I love the quote from her aunt if you want somthing from yor man yoy start at his pecker it like a bullhorn ya'all.l
aand she deecides to seduce lothlaire he laughs at her she says to her seif gyeah well well he has never had a mountain girl , adirty mouth mountain-girl at that. lothlaire won' t know what hit hit him. cute freat K.Cole best.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

very sasffied lothlaire is one off thoose rare books you can read many times anbnever get tired . I love the quote from her aunt if you want somthing from yor man yoy start at his pecker it like a bullhorn ya'all.l
aand she deecides to seduce lothlaire he laughs at her she says to her seif gyeah well well he has never had a mountain girl , adirty mouth mountain-girl at that. lothlaire won' t know what hit hit him. cute freat K.Cole best.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

very sasffied lothlaire is one off thoose rare books you can read many times anbnever get tired .

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Shelly wrote: "very sasffied lothlaire is one off thoose rare books you can read many times anbnever get tired ."

Tabby Chrisolu wrote: "Does anyone have a recomendation for another series that is like IAD? I love the Kresley Cole series and the only other series I've read are Feehan's Capthians series."

if you are looking for comedy in a paranormal series, try the argeneau series by lynsay sands. not as good as IAD, but it's a laugh a minute. and sexy. also, jeaniene frost's night huntress series. gotta love cat and bones. plenty sexy and plenty funny. gena showalter is a close friend of kresley's and she has a few different series that i think you would like...especially the lords of the underworld series. sexy, humorous, never a dull moment. and if you haven't read JR Ward's black dagger brotherhood series, it's definitely a must. none of them are IAD ( i mean what could measure up to kresley?), but they are all good series that i think you would enjoy. happy hunting. :)

Denna Could also read Gena Showalter

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

deanna in csse yu did not know in lothlaire their is a dedicstion to showalter they are like bff!s oh i know the alien series she has out really good
q

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

or jill myles succubo perfer blondes or emmy hooly demon worldor one of ny favoritres karen m. moninng highlander series many of them have fae in the series but are not the fever series

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

god my typing is bad yuck

Denna It's not that bad...it could be worse. Lol

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Denna wrote: "Could also read Gena Showalter"

try typing on a nook lol lolmt a---

Denna Shelly wrote: "Denna wrote: "Could also read Gena Showalter"

try typing on a nook lol lolmt a---"

Lol I'm typing on my phone. :)

Chrisolu I read something of Showalter before, didn't care for it. It was the second story in a book that Showalter wrote with Kresley Cole.

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies, I will be checking them out ASAP at my library and Barnes&Noble.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

this book makes me like lothlaire I always thought he was ssexy from whst i pictured in mind bit did thst guy on the cover look any more yuckier to any on else my gosh! she could have made him good looking now i throw up a little in my mouth when i look at the cover of lothlaire qeeze cole what happened there.?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

chrisolu hi there are many showalter books after looking @ yor profile you might enloy If you dare; IF YOU DECICEVE ; Ifyoudeserve she has like 38 books and is a wildly respected aithor give her a chance i hsve never in allmy years have met someone whom does not like showalter please try a few more out thx shelly

message 49: by Jennie (new) - added it

Jennie I love it from the start. It is a really good book. I loved the whole humor of the book.

Valia Malkia wa vitabu Disappointed.Its the only book in the IAD series that was too much for me.Nevertheless I'm waiting for the next installment.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Lothaire (other topics)