Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) Shadow of Night question

Is anyone looking forward to this?
Carole Carole Apr 16, 2012 05:04AM
Is anyone going to read this?

I loved A discovery of witches so much but i was really disappointed with one! sorry guys i know alot of the comments above say how awesome it was but i felt that it really didnt compare to the first one..:(

Jessica I agree with you Jessica Waller on the ending. The book was interesting and I liked the historical characters. But it seemed to drag on for a while th ...more
Aug 29, 2012 12:14PM

I love this book!! I can't say that enough!! I am not finished yet but already (I think) I like it better than the first. I think I remember a brief moment in the first where I felt like it drug on. I could be wrong. I read it not long after it came out. So it has been awhile but it seems like I felt that way. I don't feel that way with this one. I feel like the story just flows and keeps going and I look and I have read 15 pages...and I look again and I have read 20 pages. There are so many things I want to comment on but I don't know how much you guys have read so I won't be a jerk and I will keep my mouth shut :p (But know I am about to bust!! lol)

I liked it even more than the first one because the author took more time to develop the characters instead of adding more of them than I could keep track of! I'm sure that will change with the third installment but I'm sure I'll enjoy the read anyhow. Anyone see her 45min interview video from the Poisoned Pen? Great stuff!

I really enjoyed both books. I thought the "historical" aspect of Shadow of Night was interesting. Can't wait for the third book.

Definitely, yes.

I loved this book...I wish there were another three hundred pages. I am not in love with history-but,this seems a painless way learn. This is how they need to teach history in schools.

I guess she needed to explain Mathews old life with detail, loved the time they spent in France. getting to know Philip ,Wedding .....loved the book!!
Re-read it already

I loved Shadow of Night, I just have some issues with the last few chapters. At this point in the story it seems that it the story lost its way. (no spoilers)
I still loved the book but think it could have been edited a bit more.
Now I am dying to read the next!

I'm probably in the minority but the first half of the book seem to drag on and on but I loved the second half of the book.

Jessica-you can email me if you want to discuss :)

Skye Etain I agree... I think reading the e-version you don't realise how long it really is. This one is longer than the first, and it does seem to drag in the m ...more
Sep 01, 2012 02:12PM

Better than the first for sure, and now I'm looking forward to the last one!

I enjoyed this just as much as the first! I don't see it as a separate book or story, it all leads on from the next. I am eagerly awaiting the final instalment to complete this wonderful tale. I am anticipating what will happen and hope I am correct for the most part, but am sure Deborah will surprise me nonetheless!

I think people who can't read this or find it boring can't grasp complex writing and imagination. Perhaps some pictures might help them cope a bit better? :p

I loved loved both of them, yes they are very long books with quite a bit of descriptive copy which is why I bought the audio versions as well so I could listen to the story unfold and catch thing I may have missed. I think once a movie is made all this descriptive copy will be so enjoyable to see on the screen. Deborah harkness is a master storyteller on the same level as JK Rowling. Can't wait for the third in the trilogy and I hope she continues to write more and more

half way through.

I just finished Shadow of Night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I also adored the first book. The authors grasp of history really shines in the second book.

Liked Discovery of Witches a lot more than this one. But I have to say that I'm intrigued enough to want to see what happens with their children and what other changes their going to the past brought to the future. And I want Knox taken down completely. So I'll stick with it to the third book.

Love this book! Can't wait for the next!!!!

I loved the Discovery of witches and am loving shadow of night so far.I cant wait to finish it.

I found this one a little slower to get into than A Discovery of Witches but I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the third book.

Loved it! Better than the first, for me. Can't wait for the third

I liked Discovery of Witches, but got more hooked by Shadow of Night. I found it more . . . vibrant? more . . . engaging? Discovery didn't seem to stand out a lot from other witch/vampire kinds of stories, but Shadow wasn't like any other book I've read. Loved the historical details. I didn't think for a minute it was too long.

I loved it ... thought it was so worth the wait!!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadow of Night (other topics)