Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > Sports Talk

Comments (showing 505-554)    post a comment »

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4547 comments Ha ha ha!

But seriously. I hope they don't suck yellow ice, too. it's getting old. lol

Jon Recluse | 11812 comments Mod
Jason, I hope the Leafs don't suck yellow ice!

See, it's easy!

message 552: by Bill (new)

Bill (BillyMac) | 271 comments Jason, for your sake I hope the Leafs do well oh, I can't do it!! ;)

message 551: by Bill (new)

Bill (BillyMac) | 271 comments I met Alfie in September, he was standing outside our dressing room as I was going out to play. I tried not to act too stupid.
He was very nice to an old timer hockey player who was obviously a big fan :)

message 550: by Jason (last edited Jan 11, 2013 02:18PM) (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4547 comments But I'm still rooting for the Leafs. lol

message 549: by Jason (last edited Jan 11, 2013 02:18PM) (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4547 comments Maybe Alfie will get his deserved rewards this year.

message 548: by Bill (last edited Jan 11, 2013 01:57PM) (new)

Bill (BillyMac) | 271 comments I was very bitter over the lockout because here the league was making more money than ever before, the players were making more money than ever before, and somehow this is a problem because they can't decide how to split up the pie.

Meanwhile, people whose livelihoods relied on the NHL suffered because they can't afford a lockout.

But my bitterness is now fading. I'm getting excited about the short season and how the Sens' lineup is going to look! Gonna be a great goaltending battle...wonder if Lehner's going to take the #1 job?

Oh, and, "Alfie! Alfie!!"

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4547 comments Thanks, Eileen!

And phooey on you, Marc! lol

Marc-Antoine | 2760 comments Hey, at least it's not the Leafs!

message 545: by Eileen (last edited Jan 11, 2013 09:15AM) (new)

Eileen | 4490 comments Sorry Marc, Ottawa Senator's. : )

Jason, I hope the job market improves! So, if not this year....next year.

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4547 comments Eileen wrote: "You guys should come down here when Toronto and Montreal play. I know you could afford the tickets. Our Sabres game are always loaded with Canadians."

We were planning on doing that this year, but the lockout and other things (like my getting laid off!) got in the way for this year. Hopefully next year!

Marc-Antoine | 2760 comments I'm a Sens fan, tickets are affordable here in Ottawa, I just don't think I want to go see them live this year, as this lock out has pissed me off.

Eileen | 4490 comments You guys should come down here when Toronto and Montreal play. I know you could afford the tickets. Our Sabres game are always loaded with Canadians.

message 541: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 548 comments Of the 30 NHL teams 10 are owned by billionaires.

Marc-Antoine | 2760 comments Thanks Eileen! I doubt I go to Scotiabank Place at all for a game this year, but will probably give in and watch on tv.

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4547 comments I'd love to go to games, but living in Toronto it's near impossible, unless you're rich. And I mean rich! Leaf tickets are impossible to get.

Eileen | 4490 comments I'm happy there's hockey again. I have tickets and l love going to the games. I just wish the first game they played no one showed and they played to a empty house. Have everyone go to a local business spend there money there, they've lost a lot of business during this mess.

Marc, couldn't agree more!
Glad your family had a great vacation.

Marc-Antoine | 2760 comments Not sure how I feel yet, want to watch some hockey but am pissed at millionaires complaining about how unfair they are being treated, read somewhere that a man wearing a helmet defending his country should be making more than a man wearing a helmet defending a puck. Can't say I disagree!

Gatorman | 9469 comments Not a big fan of shortened seasons but the Rangers are a Cup contender so why waste the year?

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4547 comments What do the hockey fans here think of the lockout finally ending?

Personally, I'm pissed it went so long. At the same time, I can't wait! Go Leafs!

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23219 comments Have to pop in here to say Roll Tide to any Alabama fans!

message 533: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 548 comments RTR

message 532: by Bill (new)

Bill (Shiftyj1) | 3511 comments HAHA! SF GIANTS!!...SWEEP!! Congratulations to them! World Series Champs when nobody gave a snowballs chance! Not sure why anybody thought Detroit was better in the first place. They only won 88 games in the regular season. Cabrera? Fielder? No man, Posey & Panda! Sweet Sweep!!

message 531: by Bill (new)

Bill (Shiftyj1) | 3511 comments San Francisco Giants!!!!

Gatorman | 9469 comments Gators show Spurrier who's boss. Next up, the Dawgs.

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 1246 comments I didnt even know the Tigers made the World Series in 06 shows ya how memorable they were. If the Cards win and advance im so going to forget this year of baseball. Seems like the Cardinals every year now. Does show you that they didnt need Puljos tho

message 528: by Lori (new)

Lori | 1375 comments Roll Tide. That is all.

Yankee players blame fans for loss to Tigers.

Time these crybabies took a major pay cut.

Gatorman | 9469 comments Gators still have to play South Carolina, Georgia and FSU. No easy schedule there. Was nice to kick some Tiger ass.

Chris (agalloch) | 8 comments Sorry to rain in on the American sports talk, but i'm a massive fan of the AFL (Australian Football League) and my team won the Grand Final last week. yay! First time since 2005 (before that it was 1933!). I'm still on cloud 9. Just under 100,000 people turned up to watch it.

http://youtu.be/PoujMhTTJnQ

That video has a couple of the 'big' moments from the game if anyone is actually curious. :D

message 524: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 548 comments The only question mark left for the Gators is Bama in the SEC championship game. Those guys are ridiculous.

Michael (mikedecshop) | 2023 comments Gatorman wrote: "The Red Sox fired Valentine. I'm stunned."

Gasp, what a surprise!

Gatorman | 9469 comments So long as the offense keeps moving the ball as it has the Gators can compete with those teams.

message 521: by Ian (new)

Ian McClellan | 548 comments Gators look better every week. There were a few games that had me worried when I first saw the schedule, but now I think it could go either way against LSU, Georgia, and FSU.

Gatorman | 9469 comments The Red Sox fired Valentine. I'm stunned.

Gatorman | 9469 comments Michael wrote: "@ Gatorman LSU against FLA go Gators"

You know it, Michael. Should be a good game in The Swamp.

Gatorman | 9469 comments Michael wrote: "Yankees Win!"

Theeeeeeeeee Yankees Wiiiin!

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 3622 comments Wow, the league said that Coach Payton and Vitt and Loomis can attend the Saints/Chargers game this Sunday...how nice of Goodell...

Michael wrote: "Still hope for the aints?"

Was I supposed to?

Michael wrote: "this mortal coil is still hanging on. So Jon according to the Mayans we will never see another?

will we still chat after December?"

The Mayans didn't notice that their own ticket was about to be cancelled, so.....

I'll be here, Michael.

Michael (mikedecshop) | 2023 comments OK we need to put our heads together and figure out the lock of the week. Any suggestions?

Michael (mikedecshop) | 2023 comments @ Gatorman LSU against FLA go Gators

Michael (mikedecshop) | 2023 comments Still hope for the aints?

Michael (mikedecshop) | 2023 comments Yankees Win!

Michael (mikedecshop) | 2023 comments this mortal coil is still hanging on. So Jon according to the Mayans we will never see another?

will we still chat after December?

So the Mayans were right.....

Michael (mikedecshop) | 2023 comments MLB triple crown winner!

only the second one I have seen. I was 17 when the Yaz did it.

Michael (mikedecshop) | 2023 comments What a wild finish to the MLB season looks like my Yanks will win the division.

All is right in the world.

Gatorman | 9469 comments Chris wrote: "He would do it to get one win since he is older than Jamie Moyer by a couple of months so he would be the oldest mlb pitcher to ever win a game."

I agree with Justin that he wants to do it to push back his HOF voting 5 years in the hopes people will be more forgiving by then. Good luck.

Melissa | 522 comments Gatorman wrote: "Justin wrote: "How about Roger Clemens possibly coming back to MLB to pitch for the Astros? We all know theres no point for the Astros and just for him to push back his HOF vote another 5 years but..."

I agree, Gator! Some of these guys are too worried about their legacy...well, don't do anything stupid to jeopardize it!! He only screwed himself!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Back in The Bigs: How Winnipeg Won, Lost and Regained its Place in the NHL (other topics)