Horror Aficionados discussion

Off Topic > Sports Talk

Comments (showing 545-594)    post a comment »

message 594: by Jon Recluse (new)

Jon Recluse | 13204 comments Mod
When does bowling season start?

message 593: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Gatorman wrote: "The Yankees are scoring runs. The lineup isn't the problem. Right now the pitching is struggling."

It was a good game yesterday.

message 592: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 9458 comments The Yankees are scoring runs. The lineup isn't the problem. Right now the pitching is struggling.

message 591: by Justin (new)

Justin (JustinBienvenue) | 2015 comments Im not a Yankees fan but just looking at that lineup they have right now makes me feel bad for them and cringe..like ewww what are you doing?!

message 590: by Jon Recluse (new)

Eileen wrote: "Thanks, Jason! I appreciate the support.

Jon and Gator, even if the Rangers lost last night (sorry guys) they're in 8th place and will probably make the playoffs."

Rangers?

I'm rooting for the Bruins...

message 589: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments Very much so. Our pitching tonight hasn't been all that great, even though it's still early and 0-0.

message 588: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 3112 comments The two first games were a let down...

message 587: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments Yeah, they just moved there this year from Las Vegas! Should be a lot easier for players going from the minors to the majors and vice versa.

The Blue Jays are predicted to have a great year this season, but I'm not so sure. We'll see, I suppose.

message 586: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Jason, I see my hometown is now the farm team for your Blue Jays. It should be great fun at the ball park this year.

message 585: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Thanks, Jason! I appreciate the support.

Jon and Gator, even if the Rangers lost last night (sorry guys) they're in 8th place and will probably make the playoffs.

message 584: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 9458 comments They don't even choke. They just suck from the beginning of the game. Way too mediocre this year.

message 583: by Jon Recluse (new)

Gator will feel your pain soon, Eileen.

The Rangers only do one thing consistently....choke. ;)

message 582: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments Sorry, Eileen. I know your pain, even if the Leafs are doing well this year.

message 581: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Well, I'm officially and emotionally finished with sports!! I'm tired of watching my teams lose.

message 580: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 9458 comments From your lips to God's ears, Eileen. Actually the Rangers have been pretty inconsistent this year. Pounded the Flyers last night, though.

message 579: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Gator, your Rangers seem to be having a pretty good season. You'll probably make the playoffs.

message 578: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 9458 comments Sorry, Eileen, but for once the Rangers dominated a shootout. At least you got a point!

message 577: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Couldn't agree more, Jason. I think what finally happened was when the new owner listening to the crowd Boo the players after a few games. You can't fire 20 players, so the coach had to go.

We won again tonight! Three in a row....watch out Ranger's we're coming for you tomorrow, lol.

message 576: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments I'm surprised any coach could last that long in almost any big league sports. Except for maybe the MLB. Those managers can sometimes stay forever before getting fired.

message 575: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Gatorman wrote: "Eileen wrote: "My Sabres finally won on a game!

One in a row...."

They just needed a new coach!"

Your 100% correct! About a week ago they finally fired the coach we've had for 16 years. A nice guy, but, it was time to shake things up!

message 574: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 9458 comments Eileen wrote: "My Sabres finally won on a game!

One in a row...."

They just needed a new coach!

message 573: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments You have my condolences, Eileen. I know too well what it's like!

message 572: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Well at least the Leafs have a chance of making the playoffs this year. The odds makers said the Sabres have a 0.00 of making it. Down from 0.08 from last week, lol.

message 571: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments You'd think that the Sabres traded teams with the Leafs something. LOL

message 570: by Eileen (new)

Eileen My Sabres finally won on a game!

One in a row....

message 569: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments At least the won the game last night. They're still hanging in there.

message 568: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 3112 comments Man, my Sens are getting beat by the injury bug.

message 567: by Sean (new)

Sean (CaptHowdy) | 105 comments Wohoo! Jets ahead! 3-2!

message 566: by Sean (new)

Sean (CaptHowdy) | 105 comments Not such a fan of Crosby being in the Peg anymore :)

message 565: by Sean (new)

Sean (CaptHowdy) | 105 comments Crosby in the Peg for the first time. Go Jets Go!

message 564: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 9458 comments Rangers still can't score. Need to get the offense together. Can't rely on Lundqvist every night.

message 563: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments I thought the Jets played fairly well in the first period. Then it all fell apart.

message 562: by Sean (new)

Sean (CaptHowdy) | 105 comments Ooooooh, a painful loss from those dastardly Senators. The Jets just didn't look prepared enough today.

message 561: by Jason (last edited Jan 19, 2013 09:12AM) (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments Leafs play tonight. I know how you feel, Sean. I'm getting excited! GO LEAFS GO!

message 560: by Sean (new)

Sean (CaptHowdy) | 105 comments Only a few more hours 'til our Winnipeg Jets take the ice!!! GO JETS GO!

message 559: by Jon Recluse (new)

Of course not.
No season left for them to suck in....

message 558: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 9458 comments Rangers don't suck anymore.

message 557: by Bill (new)

Bill (Shiftyj1) | 4605 comments Mod
Go, San Francisco 49ers!! Spanked the Packers in week 1 - time to do it again!!

message 556: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments That's changing, though. I think the Rangers will be a serious contender this year.

message 555: by Jon Recluse (new)

I grew up in a house full of Ranger fans.....the only thing you can rely on is the sucking......

message 554: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments Ha ha ha!

But seriously. I hope they don't suck yellow ice, too. it's getting old. lol

message 553: by Jon Recluse (new)

Jason, I hope the Leafs don't suck yellow ice!

See, it's easy!

message 552: by Bill (new)

Bill (BillyMac) Jason, for your sake I hope the Leafs do well oh, I can't do it!! ;)

message 551: by Bill (new)

Bill (BillyMac) I met Alfie in September, he was standing outside our dressing room as I was going out to play. I tried not to act too stupid.
He was very nice to an old timer hockey player who was obviously a big fan :)

message 550: by Jason (last edited Jan 11, 2013 02:18PM) (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments But I'm still rooting for the Leafs. lol

message 549: by Jason (last edited Jan 11, 2013 02:18PM) (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments Maybe Alfie will get his deserved rewards this year.

message 548: by Bill (last edited Jan 11, 2013 01:57PM) (new)

Bill (BillyMac) I was very bitter over the lockout because here the league was making more money than ever before, the players were making more money than ever before, and somehow this is a problem because they can't decide how to split up the pie.

Meanwhile, people whose livelihoods relied on the NHL suffered because they can't afford a lockout.

But my bitterness is now fading. I'm getting excited about the short season and how the Sens' lineup is going to look! Gonna be a great goaltending battle...wonder if Lehner's going to take the #1 job?

Oh, and, "Alfie! Alfie!!"

message 547: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4565 comments Thanks, Eileen!

And phooey on you, Marc! lol

message 546: by Marc-Antoine (new)

Marc-Antoine | 3112 comments Hey, at least it's not the Leafs!

message 545: by Eileen (last edited Jan 11, 2013 09:15AM) (new)

Eileen Sorry Marc, Ottawa Senator's. : )

Jason, I hope the job market improves! So, if not this year....next year.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Back in The Bigs: How Winnipeg Won, Lost and Regained its Place in the NHL (other topics)