The Not-So Austen Bookclub discussion

For The Funny Bone > Girls Only ~ Squeal-Worthy Posts

Comments (showing 1-50 of 150) (150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
You know those fangirl moments...where you just HAVE to suppress a squeal of excitement? Well here is the little corner of the world where you can squeal freely. Ready? *SQUEAL* See? Virtual squeals are satisfying!

Today's squeal-worthy moment:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh, I just love these two scenes!!!:D

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Definitely squeal worthy:) Whenever I watch this movie I feel the need to squeal at regular intervals so no one likes to watch it with me...

message 3: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Olivia wrote: "Definitely squeal worthy:) Whenever I watch this movie I feel the need to squeal at regular intervals so no one likes to watch it with me..."

We'll watch it together!! *brings popcorn*. I'll see if I can get some Pride and Prejudice clips on the videos section of the group!!

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Booknut wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Definitely squeal worthy:) Whenever I watch this movie I feel the need to squeal at regular intervals so no one likes to watch it with me..."

We'll watch it together!! *brings popco..."

Sounds great:) *brings huge amounts of chocolate*

message 5: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Dear Booknut 101 and Olivia,
I think that the 3 of us (and anyone else who is Jane Austen mad) should see this film (with added popcorn), as i love it so much & those 2 moments in particular were my apsolute favourites! I also loved the part where Elizabeth has visited Mr. Darcy & met his sister and has really enjoyed herself (i think it is the moment that she realises how much she truely cares for him) and when she goes back to the pub/accomodation that she is staying at (the crown in/ rose & crown; cannot remember which one?), she hides behind the curtain when he comes in....that moment!
Lucinda Xx

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire (claireplusone) | 676 comments Lucinda wrote: "Dear Booknut 101 and Olivia,
I think that the 3 of us (and anyone else who is Jane Austen mad) should see this film (with added popcorn), as i love it so much & those 2 moments in particular w..."

Me toooo :D

message 7: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca_h) | 83 comments ummmm, I'm not really the squealing type. However there r scenes where u can't help but... well, squeal! :D will be adding some soon (hopefully I can add some photos)

message 8: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca_h) | 83 comments Booknut wrote: "
We'll watch it together!! *brings popcorn*"

How on earth are you two gonna squeal and eat popcorn at the same time (guess the popcorn will be squealing too) (*deadpan expression*) XD

message 9: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Becca wrote: "Booknut wrote: "
We'll watch it together!! *brings popcorn*"

How on earth are you two gonna squeal and eat popcorn at the same time (guess the popcorn will be squealing too) (*deadpan expression*) XD"

That is creating an odd picture within my mind! Xx

message 10: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Hahahahahahaha...no. The popcorn will NOT be squealing. We will squeal...eat popcorn...then squeal again. It's a very scientific process!

message 11: by Claire (new)

Claire (claireplusone) | 676 comments Booknut wrote: "Hahahahahahaha...no. The popcorn will NOT be squealing. We will squeal...eat popcorn...then squeal again. It's a very scientific process!"

One that has to be perfected!

message 12: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

*gasps in mock horror* The process is perfect already! To try and perfect the process means one is not worthy of fangirling whilst popcorn/chocolate eating. The sugar allows for more energy = more fangirling. See?! Scientific!

message 13: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Booknut wrote: "*gasps in mock horror* The process is perfect already! To try and perfect the process means one is not worthy of fangirling whilst popcorn/chocolate eating. The sugar allows for more energy = more ..."

*confused* I cannot keep up!! Xx

message 14: by Rimpy (new)

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments I'm confused. Can someone explain, please? *confused*

message 15: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Booknut wrote: "*gasps in mock horror* The process is perfect already! To try and perfect the process means one is not worthy of fangirling whilst popcorn/chocolate eating. The sugar allows for more energy = more ..."

Haha it is an amazing process! And it really does work! *Eats popcorn **squeals* *Eats chocolate* *Squeals again* The science of fangirling:)

message 16: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Dear all,
My mother peered over my shoulder earlier whilst i was on my computer and noticed the images above of Kiera Knightly with Mr. Darcy & she was so excited! She adores Jane Austen and was in a trance and completely captivated by the MOVING pictures...yes, they MOVE! I love that moment when Darcy holds Miss. Elizabeth's hand and my mother is such a romantic too; we were both just sitting stairing at Booknut's brilliant images..great minds think alike!
Lucinda Xx :)

message 17: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca_h) | 83 comments Lucinda wrote: "That is creating an odd picture within my mind! Xx "

now just imagine if it was real!!!

message 18: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca_h) | 83 comments Booknut wrote: "Hahahahahahaha...no. The popcorn will NOT be squealing. We will squeal...eat popcorn...then squeal again. It's a very scientific process!"

Oh.My.God!! hahahaha AMAZING!! well, when u put it this way... guess I can do some squealing-popcorneating too! (and when the living room's a mess, blame no one but thyself - jumping to Shakespeare now!)

message 19: by Becca (new)

Becca (becca_h) | 83 comments Lucinda wrote: "Dear all,
My mother peered over my shoulder earlier whilst i was on my computer and noticed the images above of Kiera Knightly ..."

wow! RESPECT for ur mom :) moms r usually too busy to think romantic! (my mom does though, thank God)

message 20: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Haha Lucky you....my mom doesn't like me reading romance....WELL TOO BAD! hha As you can tell, I read it anyways:)

message 21: by Rimpy (new)

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments My Ma doesn't have any problem with me reading romantic novels, but she's not a romantic person. I mean she is, but when it comes to discussions, she's far away from it!

message 22: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Rimpy wrote: "My Ma doesn't have any problem with me reading romantic novels, but she's not a romantic person. I mean she is, but when it comes to discussions, she's far away from it!"
Ya my mom definitely won't discuss romance with me...haha

message 23: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

My mum points out guys I SHOULD be interested in! ("Oh look! Isn't that actor a handsome young man?!") But she does give the occasional eye-roll when I voice my obsession on a guy character!!:D

message 24: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Booknut wrote: "My mum points out guys I SHOULD be interested in! ("Oh look! Isn't that actor a handsome young man?!") But she does give the occasional eye-roll when I voice my obsession on a guy character!!:D"

Actually in my case this is very true and we have totally different tastes; it is quite funny! My mother LOVES George Cloony so she is always on about him & when i don't agree she then gets totally stressed! Xx

message 25: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Photobucket

I love Alex and Charlie! They are both funny as hell, and British, which makes them up there in the top ten favourite things of mine which are of British origin! I've posted a few of their videos on the video section of the club. Charlie's "Understanding Teenage Girls" is hilarious!

message 26: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Photobucket
Photobucket

That moment....*sniffs*

message 27: by Claire (new)

Claire (claireplusone) | 676 comments <3 <3 Josh Hutcherson

message 28: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Dear Booknut 101,
Concidering that i live in Britain and i should know people in my own country (well, you would assume so!), i have apsolutely no idea who those two boys/lads are in your photograph...and i am feeling a bit stupid for not knowing...for heavens sake i live in the UK don't i?! *chuckling to herself is a worrying sign*
Lucinda Xx

message 29: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Lucinda wrote: "Dear Booknut 101,
Concidering that i live in Britain and i should know people in my own country (well, you would assume so!), i have apsolutely no idea who those two boys/lads are in your photogra..."

Well, it's time to find out!!! I live in Australia and I'm sure I don't know every Australian YouTube sensation, so I think you're forgiven! Check out their videos in the videos section - and get ready to laugh!

message 30: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Namra wrote: "*squeal*
Ahhh. Josh Hutcherson. I love him soo much.

Btw thanks all for perfecting the fangirling process.;D We should patent it. haha..lol"

Deal!!! The (Highly Scientific) Course for Fangirls. You cannot fangirl unless you have received a license to do so!

message 31: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Booknut wrote: "Namra wrote: "*squeal*
Ahhh. Josh Hutcherson. I love him soo much.

Btw thanks all for perfecting the fangirling process.;D We should patent it. haha..lol"

Deal!!! The (Highly Scientific) Course ..."

I did it!! It's in Booknut 101's things folder.

message 32: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Photobucket

I reckon he's LYING!:D

message 33: by Abby (new)

Abby (i3cats) | 41 comments Haha,probably.

message 34: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Photobucket

How true is that?

message 35: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Booknut wrote: "

How true is that?"

That is one of the truest things I've heard in awhile!

message 36: by Claire (new)

Claire (claireplusone) | 676 comments I wasn't sure where to share, but this is definitely squeal worthy for me! It is the first trailer for the movie Magic Mike - about Male Strippers, with Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer! Looks like it is going to be funny! *SWOON* <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh78Sb...

message 37: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Claire wrote: "I wasn't sure where to share, but this is definitely squeal worthy for me! It is the first trailer for the movie Magic Mike - about Male Strippers, with Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer! Looks like..."

That looks so good! I can't wait! Alex Pettyfer and Channing Tatum? Heck yes! Whooo:)

message 38: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Dear Booknut 101,
That is so true and one can get very attached to books that one loves. For an example i am (like a lot of people are i am sure) very attached to the Harry Potter series so that if i am in a discussion one can become quite protective over certain characters that you have followed within the story and loved over the years, and it thus can be hard to see the other persons viewpoints if yours are so fixed. I agree with it totally!
Lucinda Xx :)

message 39: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Lucinda wrote: "Dear Booknut 101,
That is so true and one can get very attached to books that one loves. For an example i am (like a lot of people are i am sure) very attached to the Harry Potter series so that i..."

I agree completely! I have come to love many characters and get upset when they are not appreciated!

message 40: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Dear Olivia,
Esactly! When one comes to love and know fictional characters really well throughout books and series it can be difficult at times to always see the other person's point of view, especially if it is so different to yours. For an example one of my friends thought that Aragorn in 'Lord of the Rings' should have married Eowyn and stated their reasons why, and being that i was also protective of Arwen we ended up in a dispute...it was funny as both of us saw the film at exsactly the same time, but had different ways of seeing it (if you get my meaning) & interpretations.
Lucinda Xx

message 41: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Photobucket

message 42: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Photobucket Photobucket

Look how CUTE THEY ARE!!

message 43: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda Ahhh! Ronald Weasley and Hemione Granger are just the *perfect* couple and i loved seeing them over the years grow up and become closer...the end in Deathly Hallows was just so perfect! Xx

message 44: by Rimpy (new)

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments Awww..they are so cute together! :) Just the perfect couple! Loved them in both the parts of Deathly Hallows! :)

message 45: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Lucinda wrote: "Dear Olivia,
Esactly! When one comes to love and know fictional characters really well throughout books and series it can be difficult at times to always see the other person's point of view, espe..."

I actually have not seen or read Lord of the Rings but I plan to. But I understand were you are coming from.

message 46: by Anna (new)

Anna Wood-gaines (AnnaBanana13) | 1674 comments Olivia wrote: "Lucinda wrote: "Dear Olivia,
Esactly! When one comes to love and know fictional characters really well throughout books and series it can be difficult at times to always see the other person's poin..."

*chuckles* i haven't either:) i really need to start reading them!!! they sound so amazing!!!! :D

message 47: by Anna (new)

Anna Wood-gaines (AnnaBanana13) | 1674 comments Booknut wrote: "You know those fangirl moments...where you just HAVE to suppress a squeal of excitement? Well here is the little corner of the world where you can squeal freely. Ready? *SQUEAL* See? Virtual squeal..."

hehe i feel so out of it because i've never seen the movies or read the books :O ..but i really want to!!!

message 48: by Anna (new)

Anna Wood-gaines (AnnaBanana13) | 1674 comments Booknut wrote: "

I love Alex and Charlie! They are both funny as hell, and British, which makes them up there in the top ten favourite things of mine which are of British origin! I've posted a few of their videos..."

hahaah i love these two they are so hilarious!!!!!! have you guys seen alex reads twilight?? XD

message 49: by Anna (new)

That moment....*sniffs*"

*squealing* i don't think i ever fangirled as much as i did in that part of the book!!!!! so freaking amazing!!!! <3

message 50: by Anna (new)

How true is that?"

this is sooo incredibly true!!!!! sometimes i feel like i need to tell EVERYone about this book and others....

Photobucket
i sorta have a gollum moment XD

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Throne of Glass (other topics)