Writers Worth discussion

Anthology Project! > Last 5 Minutes PROGRESS!

Comments (showing 2-51)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 51: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Williams (houseofwilliams) | 745 comments Mod
Ahmad wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Ahmad wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Jinn wrote: "@Ahmad - That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know Lyn is dealing with some life issues right now; let's all do what we can to move G5N..."

houseofwilliams@yahoo.ca. Fire when ready ;)

message 50: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Taylor (AhmadDarkside) | 27 comments Matthew wrote: "Ahmad wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Jinn wrote: "@Ahmad - That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know Lyn is dealing with some life issues right now; let's all do what we can to move G5N forward so it d..."

Matthew: I can send you part 2 of "Third Horseman" if you need. What's your email and I'll shoot it over. Andrew Claymore wrote part 1.

message 49: by P.L. (new)

P.L. Blair (plblair) | 62 comments My apologies to one and all, because I have fallen so far behind. I am an example of the saying, Life is what happens when you're busy making plans. To fill y'all in on everything that's been happening would be a book in itself, but here's the synopsis:

Have spent the last four years making plans to join my sisters down in Texas.
My sisters decided we should all retire to Sheridan, Wyo., instead.
My youngest sister got a job at the hospital here in Sheridan.
I drove from Texas to Sheridan to start getting the house ready for (eventually) three people to live here.
Got people working on renovating, repairing the house.
Drove back down to Texas to help youngest sister pack up as many of her belongings as possible for the move.
The wheels came off the house renovations. Many phone calls later, got things back on track (I thought).
Got sister and her dog packed & on road for three-day trip.
Wheels came off the house renovations.
More phone calls to get stuff back on track.
Arrived in Sheridan ... House in chaos as more problems were discovered.
2 weeks later, chaos still reigns, but there's starting to be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel ...

message 48: by Matthew (new)

Scott wrote: "Sorry if I'm playing catchup, but I turned in a story over a month ago, and haven't heard back since then. I don't know if it's one of the 11 above.

My story was the last 5 minutes following the A..."

I have it, so Lyn has it too. We're finishing up the editing process so if you're looking for feedback, will be coming soon.

message 47: by Scott (new)

Scott Bury (ScottBury) | 12 comments Sorry if I'm playing catchup, but I turned in a story over a month ago, and haven't heard back since then. I don't know if it's one of the 11 above.

My story was the last 5 minutes following the Apocalypse story by Denna Holme. I hope it's #2. My story was titled The Last Five Minutes, and the character was named Eric.

Do you have it? Does it work? What's the status?

Thanks.

message 46: by Matthew (new)

Ahmad wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Jinn wrote: "@Ahmad - That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know Lyn is dealing with some life issues right now; let's all do what we can to move G5N forward so it doesn't all res..."

Yes, actually. I need part I and II of The Third Horseman since I don't seem to have it in my folder. That would make 11 out of 12 though which seems to be one more than what others have. Here's my list:

1. Acciptacine
2. Apocalypse
3. BioDome
4. Hunluan
5. Mutants of Mars
6. Project Reset
7. Quantum Handshake
8. Sporelings
9. The Unforeseen
10. Untitled
11. The Third Horseman

Does everybody betaing have all these?

message 45: by Justin (last edited Jun 19, 2012 09:59AM) (new)

Justin Beeman | 75 comments Matthew wrote: "Justin wrote: "Lyn! I mailed mine to your gmail!!! Let me know if you got it!!!!!!!!! (more exclamation marks!!!!!!!)"

Time to switch to decaf! Someone else has caught the manic bug!!!!"

Never!!! LOL! Lyn, I'll be happy to beta or make any changes you feel necessary to my story. I am going to try to get back to working on my novel idea, as my mind has begun to swell with ideas for it as of late, so just email me if you need anything!

message 44: by Matthew (new)

Justin wrote: "Lyn! I mailed mine to your gmail!!! Let me know if you got it!!!!!!!!! (more exclamation marks!!!!!!!)"

Time to switch to decaf! Someone else has caught the manic bug!!!!

message 43: by Justin (new)

Justin Beeman | 75 comments Lyn! I mailed mine to your gmail!!! Let me know if you got it!!!!!!!!! (more exclamation marks!!!!!!!)

message 42: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Taylor (AhmadDarkside) | 27 comments Lyn,

not sure whom you were talking to, so I just resent my story to you at your gmail acct.

Hope all is o.k. in your world and you are settling in to your home.

message 41: by Violeta (new)

Violeta Nedkova (V4Violetta) | 466 comments Mod
Ahmad wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Jinn wrote: "@Ahmad - That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know Lyn is dealing with some life issues right now; let's all do what we can to move G5N forward so it doesn't all res..."

Heya, do I have it yet? I'm just scouring my inbox now, missing it. :/

message 40: by Jinn (last edited Jun 13, 2012 04:34AM) (new)

Jinn Nelson (JinnNelson) @Matthew If you have any that aren't listed above could you send those to me? I'd like to review them too. I'll send you any on the list that you may not have. Do you think we can call for betas for the third round of stories?

@Ahmad That's great! Throw your name in once we start a beta thread. :) Other things that need doing are a Q&A thread with links to pertinent stuff, like general anthology info, story blurbs, lists of betas/writers/illustrators, and whatever else a newbie would want to know. We may need a couple people to take point on communicating with and orchestrating illustrators, betas and (maybe) writers as we move ahead. I'm going to message Lyn and see what she thinks of calling for volunteers for that, as she was handling most of the coordinating and recruiting. 

I try to check this forum twice a day, I'll be around at least once a day for sure until this project is finished. I do hold down two jobs and I'm marketing for my own book which comes out next week, so I apologize in advance if my posts are short or delayed. There are some phenomenal people on this project; I know we can finish well if we organize ourselves a bit and keep moving forward. :)

EDIT: actually, I forgot we have the sticky threads that give all the details already, so never mind on the Q&A.

message 39: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Taylor (AhmadDarkside) | 27 comments Matthew wrote: "Jinn wrote: "@Ahmad - That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know Lyn is dealing with some life issues right now; let's all do what we can to move G5N forward so it doesn't all rest on her shoulde..."

Matthew, do you have or need mine? I wrote the second part to The Third Horseman (Dark Horse) story started by Andrew Claymore.

message 38: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Taylor (AhmadDarkside) | 27 comments Jinn wrote: "@Ahmad - That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know Lyn is dealing with some life issues right now; let's all do what we can to move G5N forward so it doesn't all rest on her shoulders.
Here ar..."

I am willing to help in anyway I can. I can help Beta any remaining stories for the Last 5, and any for the Next 5.

Can we start a forum for the Next 5, or maybe back on the Grim5 website Lynn started.

Maybe we should all publish messages on our social networks for writers for the Next 5?

message 37: by Matthew (new)

Jinn wrote: "@Ahmad - That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know Lyn is dealing with some life issues right now; let's all do what we can to move G5N forward so it doesn't all rest on her shoulders.
Here ar..."

Yep, I've read seven out of the ten she me so I'm up to date on the reading list, just not reviewing! I plan to be done very soon...

message 36: by Jinn (last edited Jun 12, 2012 10:24AM) (new)

Jinn Nelson (JinnNelson) @Ahmad - That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know Lyn is dealing with some life issues right now; let's all do what we can to move G5N forward so it doesn't all rest on her shoulders.
Here are the stories that I know are finished so far:

1. Hunluan Parts
2. Mutants of Mars
3. The Unforeseen
4. BioDome21
5. Sporelings
6. Project Reset
7. Acciptacine

Matthew, I think you read some of the finished ones as well, correct? I believe we have 9 of 12 Last 5 Minute stories finished, and Ahmad's would be 10 of 12. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

@Seeley - I believe we'll be looking for writers and artists for the final part of the anthology project soon. Check out http://grim5next.blogspot.com/p/antho... for all the details.

Next thing I think we all need is a deadline for Last 5 Minutes and a deadline for What's Next. We're over halfway done writing this puppy! :)

message 35: by Seeley (new)

Seeley James (SeeleyJames) Lyn wrote: "Hey guys, there's time for promotions. Let's finish it up first."

Lyn, I just joined and found this thread, is it too late to join the Anthology? What are you up to?

Seeley James

message 34: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Taylor (AhmadDarkside) | 27 comments I sent my final version of my story in to Lyn saturday night. Should it go to anyone else? What is our progress as a whole?

message 33: by Jinn (new)

Jinn Nelson (JinnNelson) How is everyone coming along now? Are all the stories in?

message 32: by Violeta (last edited May 31, 2012 10:54AM) (new)

Hey guys, there's time for promotions. Let's finish it up first.

As for progress... it's coming along slowly. I'll make sure to call for more writers and artists this week, so we go forward. We'll get there. I just have to deal with stuff again, aka moving again.

message 31: by D.J. (new)

D.J. | 18 comments Lyn, I am looking forward to it!

Lyn wrote: "@ Scott & Ahmad

Great job, guys!!! Send them to: lyn.midnight@gmail.com when they're ready. :)

@Denyse Thanks. The best is yet to come. ^_^"

message 30: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Taylor (AhmadDarkside) | 27 comments Will do Lyn. And I agree, you are doing a great job!!! When can we start promoting this to our individual followers?

Lyn wrote: "@ Scott & Ahmad

@Denyse Thanks. The best is yet to come. ^_^"

message 29: by Violeta (new)

@ Scott & Ahmad

@Denyse Thanks. The best is yet to come. ^_^

message 28: by D.J. (new)

D.J. | 18 comments I am following your progress even though I don't have time to actually get involved, and I wanted to say I think you have all done an amazing amount of work. Well done everyone!

message 27: by Scott (new)

Scott Bury (ScottBury) | 12 comments I've just completed my story. It's a little long, but I can't pare it down any more. Where should I send it now?

Scott

message 26: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Taylor (AhmadDarkside) | 27 comments Almost done with my piece Lyn. Sorry it has taken so long...

message 25: by Violeta (last edited May 19, 2012 03:55PM) (new)

Just a quick update regarding the anthology:

1. All 12 stories for Grim Future are done. Round of applause!
2. 9/12 stories for Last 5 Mins are *almost ready. My little helpers are on it.
3. 4 illustrations done, a lot more in the works.

So yeah, I think that's progress, right? Even if the project lags at some point, I'm sure we'll get there. And btw, next step is: finding writers for What Next. And maybe some illustrators, though some have agreed to do more than one illustration. People are great.

And I'm enjoying my holiday. Life is good. :D

message 24: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Hardy (MirandaHardy) | 22 comments Hi Lyn! I sent you my updated/corrected draft via email. Just wanted you to know, in case you have another email mishap.

message 23: by Amber (new)

Amber Ivers (mohawkguy28) | 135 comments Lyn wrote: "Amber wrote: "yes, sorry i meant third draft."

Okie-dokie. Will read it tomorrow. Going to bed now. ^_^"

Have a great night!

message 22: by Violeta (new)

Amber wrote: "yes, sorry i meant third draft."

Okie-dokie. Will read it tomorrow. Going to bed now. ^_^

message 21: by Amber (new)

Amber Ivers (mohawkguy28) | 135 comments yes, sorry i meant third draft.

message 20: by Violeta (new)

Amber wrote: "Ok. I have my first draft done. I sent it to you."

Wait, first draft? Did you send it to the beta first? And btw, I got it. :)

message 19: by Amber (last edited Apr 19, 2012 12:58PM) (new)

Amber Ivers (mohawkguy28) | 135 comments Ok. I have my first draft done. I sent it to you.

message 18: by Violeta (new)

Amber wrote: "I sent my story to Kathleen, my beta, and edited it. I resent it to her for a final look over it."

Great! I'll be assigning second betas if need be. We've got time. ^_^

message 17: by Amber (new)

Amber Ivers (mohawkguy28) | 135 comments I sent my story to Kathleen, my beta, and edited it. I resent it to her for a final look over it.

message 16: by Matthew (new)

Jamie (LadyJai) wrote: "I've sent the story to my beta and received it back already. I will be working on the next draft tomorrow. But dag, there really wasn't much to change! :D THANK YOU Matthew! You rock!"

Hehe, yeah I know ;) So did her story, by the way. Just putting that out there!

message 15: by Jamie (LadyJai) (new)

Jamie (LadyJai) Dement (LadyJai) | 21 comments I've sent the story to my beta and received it back already. I will be working on the next draft tomorrow. But dag, there really wasn't much to change! :D THANK YOU Matthew! You rock!

message 14: by Miranda (new)

Miranda Hardy (MirandaHardy) | 22 comments I've sent my story on to my beta. Thanks for being on top of things Lyn.

message 13: by Matthew (new)

Lyn wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Question for Lyn. Am I Amber's beta or is that yet to be arranged?"

You are Jamie's beta. And she's ready! Don't you check your twitter updates. :P"

You might as well ask me if I have no shame, since the answer is the exact same: "Apparently, I don't!"

I think that rhymed a little...

message 12: by Violeta (new)

Matthew wrote: "Question for Lyn. Am I Amber's beta or is that yet to be arranged?"

You are Jamie's beta. And she's ready! Don't you check your twitter updates. :P

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber Ivers (mohawkguy28) | 135 comments Matthew wrote: "I knew it! Ah well... you still want my opinion?"

Of course! :)

message 10: by Matthew (new)

I knew it! Ah well... you still want my opinion?

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber Ivers (mohawkguy28) | 135 comments Matthew wrote: "Question for Lyn. Am I Amber's beta or is that yet to be arranged?"

She said that she has a pet peeve on authors being the beta on their own stories. Right now I am working with Kathleen Patel.

message 8: by Matthew (new)

Question for Lyn. Am I Amber's beta or is that yet to be arranged?

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber Ivers (mohawkguy28) | 135 comments I have just sent my draft to my beta.

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Ivers (mohawkguy28) | 135 comments Alright thanks!

message 5: by Violeta (new)

Amber wrote: "I have written my draft.

Let me know when I need to send it to betas.
Lyn do I have an illustrator or is she just going to do the first part?"

I'm on it, will put up the list of betas in a sec.

Not yet. I'll be looking for illustrators again soon. :)

message 4: by Amber (last edited Apr 16, 2012 05:40AM) (new)

Amber Ivers (mohawkguy28) | 135 comments I have written my draft.

Let me know when I need to send it to betas.
Lyn do I have an illustrator or is she just going to do the first part?

message 3: by Violeta (last edited Apr 16, 2012 02:54AM) (new)

Jamie (LadyJai) wrote: "i've written the rough draft of Operation Narcissus. I will be going over it again Sunday and Monday tweeking it and making sure everything flowes. let me know when and who to send out for beta rea..."

Great! I'm sorting out the betas today! Will be with you shortly. :)

Jamie (LadyJai) Dement (LadyJai) | 21 comments i've written the rough draft of Operation Narcissus. I will be going over it again Sunday and Monday tweeking it and making sure everything flowes. let me know when and who to send out for beta reads. thanks.
Jamie Dement (LadyJai)

« previous 1
unread topics | mark unread