Books, Blogs, Authors and More discussion

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie, In the middle of writing book 3... (new)

Melanie Cusick-Jones (MelC-J) | 562 comments Mod
For a read to count in the '4 x 100m Relay' category, it should be a collection of short stories - if it's four in a single book perfect :) but tbh any short story collection will count for this event

message 2: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Emily  (XEmilyX) | 730 comments Mod
Hmm... not good with short storys. If the 4th nightworld comes out this year I may stand a chance

Kirsten (KieliAnne) | 30 comments Done:) (I hope)
The Tuesday Club Murders by Agatha Christie
Read: March 27, 2012
Each chapter is essentially a short story.

message 4: by Melanie, In the middle of writing book 3... (new)

Kirsten wrote: "Done:) (I hope)
Sad Cypress / Elephants Can Remember / The Tuesday Club Murders / The Hollow by Agatha Christie
Read: March 27, 2012
Each chapter is essentially a short story."

Very nice - two events already completed - you'll be a proper Olympian by the end of this :)

message 5: by Melanie, In the middle of writing book 3... (last edited Apr 18, 2012 02:14PM) (new)

I'm partway through this event - reading Shades of Grey and I have to say it's been brilliant so far. The stories have great pace but are detailed too and build some fantastic, if uncomfortable characters. I'd recommend for people who can handle swearing and violence - as first story is quite full on, however, it's not gratuitous, t's central to the character building. Can't wait to continue tomorrow...

Shades of Grey by Michael Cargill

message 6: by Melanie, In the middle of writing book 3... (new)

Completed and done! :) My first event and a great set of short stories

Shades of Grey by Michael Cargill

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 16 comments I have Tales of Mystery and Imagination by Edgar Allan Poe on my list to read so I'll do them for this :)

message 9: by Ice Queen Wanderer •The Cursed Prophetess• (last edited Oct 22, 2012 09:27PM) (new)

message 10: by Emily , I Couldn't Think Of A Title (new)

Emily  (XEmilyX) | 730 comments Mod
Don't know if I'm going to be able to complete this one, the book I wanted to read's release date has been put back again!!