Q&A with David Menon discussion

Getting started

Comments (showing 1-2)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Susanna (new)

Susanna Mahoney (SueMahoney) | 1 comments So true, there is a song When the Children Cry by White Lion that created my muse to go wild to write a short novella in the works and today I was listening to the Narnia videos and researching Irish mythology. The professionals verified listening to Classic, Mozart and others masterpieces also stir the muse to life. Love Stevie Nicks songs, off to go find one now.

message 1: by David (new)

David Menon (wwwgoodreadscomdavidmenon) | 1 comments Mod
A lot of authors take the titles for their books from some kind of piece of historical worthiness and that's great for them. But ever since I heard the song 'Sara' from Fleetwood Mac's 1979 Tusk album, I have been a huge fan of the songwriter and performer, Stevie Nicks, and her poetry has become the voice of my inner soul. She's inspired me in so many ways and when it came time to establish my writing career, I knew I had to take the tiles of my books from the tiles of her songs. Also, in the dedications for each book, I write something that relates to the Stevie Nicks song of the same title, and my fictional Manchester detective, Sara Hoyland, is named after my all-time favourite Stevie Nicks song, 'Sara'. This is just one way that authors have of being inspired by other writers.

unread topics | mark unread