What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

Bill Peet
This topic is about Bill Peet
Children's/YA-SOLVED > 90s children's books bright colors fantastical creatures (author 2nd half of alphabet?) [s]

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 10 comments I loved these picture books so much in kindergarten but I cannot find them again for the life of me! I have seriously searched multiple libraries throughout my life since then.

I remember the exact shelf they were on, somewhere near the Nate the Great and Henry and Mudge books, so the Author would be in the second half of the alphabet. For some reason I feel like the author started with 'M' but I'm also envisioning the Henry and Mudge books two shelves above them so maybe it started with 'S' or something? 'S' sounds good too.....

There were several picture books by this author and they were all chock full of fantastic creatures with lots of bright colors and long ridiculous names. I feel like there might have been one in the woods... maybe with a floating monster/creature? I might be imagining that though.

They'd be at least 15 years old now.

Hope that helps?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (katespofford) | 230 comments This is probably a longshot since when looking this series up the author is Cosgrove, but the Serendipity books sound similar?
Serendipity

message 3: by Esme (new)

Esme | 15 comments What you're listing also reminds me of Bill Peet's books, especially The Whingdingdilly (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...). That might not be quite as colorful as you remember though, and I'm not sure which of his books would have involved a floating creature.

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 10 comments Thank you both so much! It's Bill Peet's books I remember!!! I've been looking for these for soooo long, Esme, thank you thank you thank you!!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Serendipity (other topics)