The Not-So Austen Bookclub discussion

Booknut 101's Corner > Confessions of A Bookworm

Comments (showing 1-50 of 120) (120 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (last edited Apr 12, 2012 05:38AM) (new)

Booknut (booknut101) | 4484 comments Mod
Yep. That's me! A chocoholic, slightly OCD when it comes to images, photography, art, food, books and my collection of bookmarks and an utter bookworm from the age of 3.

I have to admit, I am a hopeless romantic and the least interesting person ever. Seriously! I have a tendency to say what I think, which my few friends in real life (funny - I have more friends on Tumblr+Blogger+Goodreads than I do in real life:D) find immensely funny for some reason. They also tend to like my weird stories that I write, which is an endearing quality in any friend. Though I find it weird, because I don't actually like ANY of my stories. AT ALL.

Just don't tell my friends!

So - away from the trip down memory lane, and into THE CONFESSIONS!! I will make a series of random confessions that I think apply to 1.) me the bookworm extraordinaire and 2.) to other bookworms. This will be an embarrassing and probably emotional damaging process (knowing me!) but I endeavour to try.

If I give up, just pretend this never happened!:D

Ok. Confession No#1:

"When you sit in class (or somewhere else) and someone says something that reminds you of a book quote."

You either:
a.) laugh out loud
b.) look for a fellow bookworm to tell them
c.) send signals to fellow bookworm
d.) wish you had Goodreads
e.) tell everyone the circumstance and find that they all give you weird looks

Once our philosophy teacher had a discussion on: Choices!

Her: "The intellect is always drawn towards the truth. The will is attracted to the good. The intellect helps to make choices or decisions for the good."
I thought: Jem Carstairs is intellectual and good. Hence Will is attracted to Jem.

*cringes* I am so lame sometimes!!:D

'Till the next confession when I bare my soul and make a complete fool of myself once more!

Booknut 101

Lucinda | 1857 comments Dear Booknut 101,
Are we related or something?! As i seem to be so similar in certain ways to you;
* I have more online friends than ones in real life, although my 'real life' friends are actually very close and i have known them for years!
* I NEVER think that my writing is very good and yet of course everyone else thinks that it is; but never truly convinses me!
* I think that i am quite a dull person & when it comes to conversation i do at times find it easier to converse with older people?! Yet, i also say EXSACTLY what i think; i usually talk before thinking which can be disasterous at times!!

Are we related because this is very strange or is it that we just have some similar likes & attributes?! (smiles)

Lucinda Xx

Lucinda | 1857 comments In response to Confession number 1, would you like me to reply (if not tell me and i will not):

"When you sit in class (or somewhere else) and someone says something that reminds you of a book quote."

My answer would have to be E! As when i am passionate about something including books i get very enthusiastic and then have to tell someone before i burst! Now, i may not be at school anymore but my poor friends had to put up with me for years like this & i do commend them for their patience; they are fantastic. I would probably run around in excitement, tell the nearest person or whomever is sitting next to me or if not the teacher!
Lucinda Xx

Becca (becca_h) | 83 comments Dear Booknut101 & Lucinda: Hats off for u both!!

Booknut101: loved ur confessions (oh and I'm a chocoholic too - and a cappuccinoholic if there's such a thing :D)

message 5: by Becca (last edited Apr 12, 2012 12:03PM) (new)

Becca (becca_h) | 83 comments Lucinda wrote: "when i am passionate about something including books i get very enthusiastic and then have to tell someone before i burst!... I would probably run around in excitement, tell the nearest person or whomever is sitting next to me or if not the teacher! "

aaa same here! if only they would understand (*sighs and shakes her head*) :D

Lucinda | 1857 comments Dear Becca,
Hi! It is nice to meet you & to chat to someone new in this group. I am a chocoholic & my favourite drink is a hot chocolate; love it so much! (with cream and marshmallows of course). Xx

message 7: by Isabelle, Co-Moderator (new)

Isabelle (Potterwholockian) | 1408 comments Mod
i am always eating but I never gain weight, I have to change that though before I start actually gaining weight.
Also, I am the same for I have more friends on goodreads than I do in real life and my friends always love my stories but I never like them.
Also sometimes in class I get so excitd when I find out someone likes the same series as me,
eg: I thought I was the only one but it turns out three other people in my english class love Skulduggery Pleasant. I was very excited to hear this.

Oh and I have fits sometimes when people don't know what Harry Potter is.

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1922 comments Isabelle wrote: "i am always eating but I never gain weight, I have to change that though before I start actually gaining weight.
Also, I am the same for I have more friends on goodreads than I do in real life and ..."

That sounds exactly like me!

message 9: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Hi!

Ok, ok - it's 9:30 in the morning *yawn* and I know, I know - I shouldn't be feeling as tired as I do, but I kinda didn't fall asleep until 12:30pm last night so I may not be as coherent as normal!

In exactly 10 minutes, I will be going to see the Lorax with my younger siblings!!:D I have this childish streak, where even at the age of nearly 17, I still have to watch all these movies (which gains me the raised-eyebrow look from my dear mother!). But hey! Some of my friends still watch My Little Pony!

I would never stoop that low!

To Lucinda, Becca, Isabelle and Olivia - I think we are apart of some kind of bookworm sisterhood! I think a love of books is kinda like a benevolent disease; with symptoms that occur in everyone that catches it. These confessions and ramblings are straight from my wacky thought stream!! So, if you're having a sense of "Oh this is me!" I've achieved my goal of connecting with all of you!

So - today's confession will come up LATER because my mum is calling for me at the top of her lungs!!

See ya!:D

message 10: by Isabelle, Co-Moderator (new)

Booknut wrote: "Hi!

Ok, ok - it's 9:30 in the morning *yawn* and I know, I know - I shouldn't be feeling as tired as I do, but I kinda didn't fall asleep until 12:30pm last night so I may not be as coherent as no..."

See ya !

message 11: by Isabelle, Co-Moderator (new)

I am going to go now too, I have Gossip Girl to watch which just downloaded and my book is awaiting to be opened

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1922 comments Booknut wrote: "Hi!

Ok, ok - it's 9:30 in the morning *yawn* and I know, I know - I shouldn't be feeling as tired as I do, but I kinda didn't fall asleep until 12:30pm last night so I may not be as coherent as no..."

You definitely succeeded:) I too love to watch movies that are umm, well, let's just say, not for 17 year olds and more for the 6-11 range! And now I have to go read:)

message 13: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

I'm back!:D

The Lorax was exceptional! It was so darn adorable, full of cute and catchy music, fluffy trees, cuddly bear-looking thingies and everything animated looked real (especially Audrey (voiced by Taylor Swift) and her hair...her hair was magic!). I felt so cool, being one of the only teenagers in the theatre (even though that ticket-ripping guy gave me that look...I just smiled back at him. No way was he stopping me from seeing a Dr Seuss movie!!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1922 comments Booknut wrote: "I'm back!:D

The Lorax was exceptional! It was so darn adorable, full of cute and catchy music, fluffy trees, cuddly bear-looking thingies and everything animated looked real (especially Audrey (vo..."

Sounds great:) Now I have to see it!

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments In response to Booknut's first confession, my answer will be A. Not only that, I make a fool of myself everytime. Whenever situations like this occur, I grin like an idiot to myself or laugh out loud in front of the entire class (especially when it has to be dead quiet) making everyone look up at me. And this thing happened once in the library!

message 16: by Isabelle, Co-Moderator (new)

Booknut wrote: "I'm back!:D

The Lorax was exceptional! It was so darn adorable, full of cute and catchy music, fluffy trees, cuddly bear-looking thingies and everything animated looked real (especially Audrey (vo..."

sounds cool,
I've been wanting to watch it mostly because it looks funny and because Danny devitto, taylor swift and Zac Efron voice characters in it.

Lucinda | 1857 comments Dear Boonut 101 & everyone,
I had a late night as well (we were so tired after travelling to the countryside 2 look at a house), so i have woken up late. *yawns*
I have not herd of that film but i am loving the images and it sounds great! Also using Zac Efron and Taylor Swift as the voices sounds most interesting.
Lucinda Xx

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments I haven't seen the movie either but I guess it'll be a good one. :)

message 19: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Confession #3:

"When you read a book, have an emotional experience...and have no one to share it with."

message 20: by Isabelle, Co-Moderator (new)

Booknut wrote: "Confession #3:

"When you read a book, have an emotional experience...and have no one to share it with.""

OMG! That always happens to me like in Clockwork Prince, when I got so emotional near the end I had no one to share it with I had to wait like a week till my friend finally finished it so we could discuss it.

Lucinda | 1857 comments Booknut wrote: "Confession #3:

"When you read a book, have an emotional experience...and have no one to share it with.""

The exsact same thing has ocoured many a time whilst reading Harry Potter and i am unable to discuss it with my mother who has never read or seen them; so frustrating! Xx

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments Booknut wrote: "Confession #3:

It happens a lot actually. My friends are so not into reading and all. So when I'm reading any emotional book like any of Nick Sparks' books and I feel sad, it gets really disgusting that I'm not able to discuss it with anyone. My friends have no interest and even if I share it with Ma, she just listens to it and so, no option for any discussion. :(

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1922 comments Rimpy wrote: "Booknut wrote: "Confession #3:

It happens a lot actually. My friends are so not into reading and all. So ..."

Some of my friends enjoy reading, but none of them as much as me.
So the discussions are minimal and not very in depth:(

message 24: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Isabelle wrote: "Booknut wrote: "Confession #3:

OMG! That always happens to me like in Clockwork Prince, when I got so emo..."

Isabelle - we are so connected it's scary!

I was reading Clockwork Prince whilst on holidays with my family (who have NOT read the series). We were on holidays for 2 WEEKS and I finished it the first day there. NO ONE to talk about it to, and I was so emotional about Will...and then I got home, and realised it was school holidays and everyone ELSE was away on holidays...it was a difficult time!!:D

Lucinda | 1857 comments Dear Booknut,
I can really empathise with you as my family do not live at home and my mother (who is the only person that i live with) does not read very much, unless it is related to her work. She also cannot 'understand' (as she puts it) anything fantasy; films and books, because it is so devoid & contradictory of real life and actuall happenings.
She does however LOVE romance and one could discuss this all day with her (which has got worse as i have got older; as she talks more on this subject now naturally than she used to when i was younger) and any Jane Austen is a BIG hit!!
Lucinda Xx

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1922 comments Lucinda wrote: "Dear Booknut,
I can really empathise with you as my family do not live at home and my mother (who is the only person that i live with) does not read very much, unless it is related to her work. S..."

I live with my mom and my sister and neither of them enjoy reading. I have no one to discuss my books with! It is awful! That's why I joined goodreads!!

Lucinda | 1857 comments Dear Olivia,
Naturally i am extremely pleased that you are not only a member of Goodreads but also of this fantastic group, that has so many exciting topics to discuss that i am passionate about i do not know where to start! Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Jane Austen, Fantasy and Young Adult fiction are all very important within my bookish world and so it is so nice to coverse with people who are also so passionate and enthusiastic too! (Well, perhaps not quite as insane as me...have you read my story ideas in the 'cut & paste' section...!!).
Lucinda Xx :)

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments This is the main reason I joined Goodreads. At least here I can scream for a hot and sexy character or cry with a handful of tissues about a tragic topic. I live with my parents and my big bro but I can't discuss a single thing with any of them. My bro reads a lot, but our tastes don't match. So, no way can I express anything about my books. :( Until Goodreads came along! ;)

Lucinda | 1857 comments Dear Rimpy,
It is fantastic but sadly my internet is RUBBISH and it keeps cutting out on me...i am literally pulling my hair out. It does make me wonder though how only a few months ago for the past 20+ years i coped without having internet access at home, as i have only had broadband since about February time this year!! I have done a lot since though with Goodreads, getting an email, joining loads of book blogs, entering book giveaways ectetera...how did i cope i wonder?!
Lucinda Xx :)

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments Lucinda, I've been quite familiar with internet for a long time. I've been in Facebook for more than a year. But I never knew about a social network about books. My friends read, but they don't get that deep feeling thing. I hope you get what I'm trying to say. So, its been a really hard time to cope up with this thing. I mean, its disgusting seriously. Can't get out what you wanna express, its really pathetic. I found about Goodreads a couple of months back. And now I'm like "Why didn't I found this out earlier?". Its been hard not being able to tell others about your opinions on abook or character. :(

Lucinda | 1857 comments Rimpy wrote: "Lucinda, I've been quite familiar with internet for a long time. I've been in Facebook for more than a year. But I never knew about a social network about books. My friends read, but they don't get..."

It is so nice to be able to share my thoughts and views with those who actually 'get it'! Xx

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1922 comments Lucinda wrote: "Dear Olivia,
Naturally i am extremely pleased that you are not only a member of Goodreads but also of this fantastic group, that has so many exciting topics to discuss that i am passionate about i..."

I also enjoy sharing my views and obsessions:) No I have not yet, but I will:)

message 33: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

#4: "When you watch a movie with someone else that you do not like and cannot help but mutter under your breath, commentating on it."

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1922 comments Booknut wrote: "#4: "When you watch a movie with someone else that you do not like and cannot help but mutter under your breath, commentating on it.""

Happens to me:)

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments Booknut wrote: "#4: "When you watch a movie with someone else that you do not like and cannot help but mutter under your breath, commentating on it.""

I don't mutter under my breath, instead I shout out my comments not letting them watch. The group has to laugh, even if they are watching a tragic movie. And later on, when they can't tolerate me, they either switch off the movie or throws me out of the room. Either way, I escape from watching the movie. ;)

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments Lucinda wrote: "Rimpy wrote: "Lucinda, I've been quite familiar with internet for a long time. I've been in Facebook for more than a year. But I never knew about a social network about books. My friends read, but ..."

Yeah, absolutely. I'm so damn lucky to have friends like you. :)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1922 comments Rimpy wrote: "Booknut wrote: "#4: "When you watch a movie with someone else that you do not like and cannot help but mutter under your breath, commentating on it.""

I don't mutter under my breath, instead I sho..."

I should try that!

message 38: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Olivia wrote: "Rimpy wrote: "Booknut wrote: "#4: "When you watch a movie with someone else that you do not like and cannot help but mutter under your breath, commentating on it.""

I don't mutter under my breath,..."

My cousin (she's a girl and one year my junior) and I were watching Tales from Earthsea (its an anime) and the entire time I was commenting out loud, making references ("That guy looks like a cross between Gandalf and that dude that acts Voldemort" or "That's a guy? Really? Could have fooled me!") and it drove my cousin NUTS!!! She couldn't stop whacking me in the arm the entire time!:D

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments Booknut wrote: "Olivia wrote: "Rimpy wrote: "Booknut wrote: "#4: "When you watch a movie with someone else that you do not like and cannot help but mutter under your breath, commentating on it.""

I don't mutter u..."

Now that's more like it! :D

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments Olivia wrote: "Rimpy wrote: "Booknut wrote: "#4: "When you watch a movie with someone else that you do not like and cannot help but mutter under your breath, commentating on it.""

I don't mutter under my breath,..."

You should. It works all the time! *laughs*

Lucinda | 1857 comments If i am watching a film with my mother (that is something she likes so usually a romance or her favourite being a romantic comedy), we constantly air our views outloud. So if we did not like something then i would say so and we would end up having this detailed conversation whilst watching the film! Xx

message 42: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

Photobucket

Lucinda | 1857 comments Booknut..loving the images! Xx :)

message 44: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new)

*yawns* Well...I'm off to my bed, to dream of Mr Darcy! It's 10:49 pm where I am and I'm knackered ( I LOVE that word!!).

Sweet dreams/have a great day (depending on where you are!!)
:D

Lucinda | 1857 comments Booknut wrote: "*yawns* Well...I'm off to my bed, to dream of Mr Darcy! It's 10:49 pm where I am and I'm knackered ( I LOVE that word!!).

Sweet dreams/have a great day (depending on where you are!!)
:D"

See you in the morning, although it is 2pm in the afternoon where i am! Xx :)

Claire (clairelouisef) | 677 comments Speak to you tomorrow :) (I assume!)

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1922 comments Claire wrote: "Speak to you tomorrow :) (I assume!)"

It's 7:20am here so I'm off to school:( I'll talk to you all later!

Lucinda | 1857 comments Olivia wrote: "Claire wrote: "Speak to you tomorrow :) (I assume!)"

It's 7:20am here so I'm off to school:( I'll talk to you all later!"

Hope that you have a great day at school! Xx

Lucinda | 1857 comments Dreams from one chocaholic to another...this easter a particular store were selling special easter eggs, that were more than just chocolate as they had MARSHMELLOWS inside and...and CHOCOLATE CREAM!! Xx

Rimpy (shylove06) | 512 comments And I'm off to sleep. *yawns* 12:30 midnight and I have no intentions of going! Anyways, Goodnight guys! See you tomorrow morning! :)

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread