Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2009! > Alycia's books 2009

Comments (showing 180-229)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 227: by Alycia (last edited Dec 19, 2009 07:49AM) (new)

message 226: by Alycia (new)

Alycia (alyciac) The name is becoming a little more common, but certainly not with this spelling! Not sure if I can put the spelling of my name down to anesthesia, but it's as good a guess as any.

message 225: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Carol wrote: "Alycia wrote: "Alycia, I totally needed to say hi to you! I was totally psyched and a little weired out that my name is Alycia too! See, my mother cannot spell worth a darn, so after having me and ..."

Carol, since I was not here first, I will always post everything with Alycia J :) J being the first initial of my last name. You totally get how I feel with finding another Alycia. I think your idea of using your first name will help.

message 224: by Carol (last edited Dec 14, 2009 06:34AM) (new)

Carol Neman | 469 comments Alycia wrote: "Alycia, I totally needed to say hi to you! I was totally psyched and a little weired out that my name is Alycia too! See, my mother cannot spell worth a darn, so after having me and being drugged u..." OMG...you two will have to devise a system so that we can recognize which one is speaking...I have that problem too, more than one 'Carol', so I am going to start using my first name after first of year, Carol being my middle name and easier to remember and pronounce. Here, though, unusual is better, I think.

message 223: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Alycia, I totally needed to say hi to you! I was totally psyched and a little weired out that my name is Alycia too! See, my mother cannot spell worth a darn, so after having me and being drugged up in the hospital, a nurse asked her what my name was and how do you spell it, she said "oh I don't know, how about Alycia." What are the chances with this unusual spelling, we would both be on goodreads, much less the same group?!? :)

message 221: by Alycia (last edited Dec 11, 2009 09:08AM) (new)

message 219: by Alycia (new)

message 217: by Alycia (last edited Dec 07, 2009 10:52AM) (new)

message 210: by Alycia (new)

Alycia (alyciac) I liked it ... I have been reading them somewhat out of sequence, but enjoying them. Moore certainly creates some memorable characters. There's another group on this site - The Next Best Book Club - who've been doing a Q & A with him.

message 209: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 469 comments The Lust Lizard...sounds like fun, I read some of the reviews (very helpful) and have decided to read some Moore, starting with his first, so it will be awhile before I get to 'The Lust Lizard...' How did you enjoy it?

message 208: by Alycia (last edited Nov 22, 2009 07:53PM) (new)

message 201: by Alycia (new)

message 199: by Alycia (new)

message 198: by Alycia (new)

message 197: by Alycia (new)

message 196: by Alycia (new)

message 195: by Alycia (new)

message 194: by Alycia (new)

message 191: by Alycia (new)

message 189: by Alycia (new)

message 183: by Alycia (last edited Sep 28, 2009 06:34PM) (new)

message 180: by Alycia (new)

« previous 1 3 4 5
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Stolen Fury (other topics)
Goodnight, Irene (other topics)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard (other topics)
This is the Part Where You Pretend to Add Value (other topics)
Dancing With Werewolves (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elisabeth Naughton (other topics)
John Flanagan (other topics)
Jan Burke (other topics)
J.K. Rowling (other topics)
Scott Adams (other topics)
More...