Goodreads Feedback discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Suggestions & Questions > Recommendations Not Updating

Comments (showing 1-39 of 39) (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tim | 2 comments None of my recommendations have updated since the first few hours I used Googlereads, despite adding somewhere around 100+ books to my read list since then.

Likewise, I wanted to test the recommendations feature of custom shelves, so I created three of them, all using 4 and 5* rated books because I read that 1* ratings can sometimes disrupt the recommendation algorithm.

I created one shelf with 70 books, another shelf with somewhere around 11, and a third with 7. That was roughly around 24 hours ago and still no recommendations based on any of the shelves are appearing.

So I guess I have to say I'm puzzled right now. The read recommendations should have updated at the very least. I tried the trick I read of going into the recommendations and hitting refresh, but that didn't work. I obviously added books to all of the shelves in question (read and the three custom shelves) and nothing.

Anyone else having these issues? Or is it just me?

Kathy | 61 comments Recommendations are only updated once a week--I believe on Saturdays.

message 3: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Recommendations don't refresh right away (for site performance reasons). I just manually reset your shelves, so you should have updated recs now.

David Lurie | 2 comments Kara wrote: "Recommendations don't refresh right away (for site performance reasons). I just manually reset your shelves, so you should have updated recs now."

Could I have mine done too please? They're based on an incorrect upload, so I'm getting recommendations based on books that arent on my shelves

Tim | 2 comments Okay, thank you, Kathy and Kara. I was going by the 24-48 hour rule of thumb I saw posted elsewhere when I searched.

Makes sense once a week given the likely increased server load with more and more people joining.

Thorin | 7 comments I added a "Favorites" shelf about a week ago and all of the recos in there are still based only on one book. I have 38 books on that shelf and all are rated. Is there anything I can do to push the recommendation engine to recognize the other 37 books in that shelf?

Thank you!

Violet | 1 comments Hi

My recommendations were last updated on 9 April 2012. Please let me know when recommendations are updated and reset mine if necessary.
Thanks

Kate Hudson (kthdsn) | 12 comments My recommendations are no longer updating and neither are my childrens' (we have an account each, 4 of us).

I usually find that they update when I add a book or visit the page more than 24 hours after the last update, but it's been a good few days now and nothing even though we've all added books.

Menni | 32 comments My based-on-shelves recommendations havent updated since 8th and 10th of April. Based on genres have updated though!

☀ Jo Ann ❀ | 23 comments I seem to be having the same problem too my recommendations have not updated since April 9th I really enjoy this feature I hope it gets fixed soon.

Tim Weakley | 9 comments Any comment at all by someone from Goodreads? None of my shelves have updated since the 6th of April.

message 12: by Cherie (last edited Apr 21, 2012 05:12AM) (new)

Cherie (CherieReads) | 13 comments Just adding my voice here - my genre shelves updated just last night but none of my personal shelves have updated since Apr 12! I really hope this gets fixed soon because recs based on my shelves was one of my favorite features of this site!

Tim Weakley | 9 comments Cherie wrote: "Just adding my voice here - my genre shelves updated just last night but none of my personal shelves have updated since Apr 12! I really hope this gets fixed soon because recs based on my shelves ..."

It seems that my genre shelves last updated on the 15th of April. Maybe they're working on it. A comment or update would be welcome though.

Lori (randomname) | 13 comments Hi Kara,
There are a few of us that have requested resets on another thread ( http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7... ); maybe you could reset ours as well? My latest updates are April 10, and I have made changes to my books since then.
Thanks.

Joanna (decathexis) | 8 comments Hi,

I seem to have the same problem. My shelf recommendations haven't updated since April 7-9 and a new shelf I've created hasn't appeared in the sidebar. Could you please reset my recommendations? Thanks and hopefully this issue gets resolved soon!

Cherie (CherieReads) | 13 comments Is there any news on this problem? Does anyone know if this is something that is being worked on??

Tala  (Tala2) | 91 comments Haven't heard anything. Asked for a reset days ago. My last recommendations update was in March.

Gdub (Gdub_goodman) | 2 comments I am having update issues as well. My recommendations haven't updated since April 10 and I also have some shelves missing from recommendations. Can I get these reset?

Lori (randomname) | 13 comments There was a thread in the bugs forum dealing with this issue, and people were getting resets.
This is the link: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Avi Steiner | 4 comments Kara wrote: "Recommendations don't refresh right away (for site performance reasons). I just manually reset your shelves, so you should have updated recs now."

Why do you have to update them manually? Is there a reason you're not able to use cron (or something similar) to do this as a scheduled task?

Lobstergirl | 4099 comments I may have just accidentally flagged one of the above posts - my clicker landed on the wrong thing.

If so, please ignore. I couldn't tell if the "flag" went through or not.

Tim Weakley | 9 comments Mine are stuck for the second time. Can I please get a reset? It this issue ever going away?

Avi Steiner | 4 comments I'd also like a recommendations refresh. Mine haven't been updated since 4/26

Paul Hollis | 4 comments is it possible for me to get reset? Mine haven't updated since April.

message 25: by Louise (last edited May 19, 2012 07:25AM) (new)

Louise | 19 comments Could I have a reset as well? My genre recommendations are up to date, but those based on my shelves have been stuck since the 27th of April.

Tim Weakley | 9 comments Need a shelf reset as well please.

Jeff | 1 comments I just joined the site yesterday and have added over 200 books but recommendations aren't showing for me. Let it run overnight but it never completed. Sounds like I need what everyone is talking about on here too? Can I get a refresh?

message 28: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Apologies, I didn't see this thread until this morning. I believe most of you have already had your recs refreshed on a different thread.

Lori, Gdub, Avi, Paul, David, Thorin, Violet, Louise: your recommendations should now be current.

Jeff: your recs seem to be stuck. I should be able to get them working by Monday, though. Sorry for the delay.

Paul Hollis | 4 comments Thank you Kara!

Rose (lucidrose) | 10 comments I joined the site earlier this week and have added multiple shelves, however I have no Recommendations based on shelves and the other genre based recommendations don't seem to be updating. Can someone refresh mine as well? Thanks.

Lori (randomname) | 13 comments Kara wrote: "Apologies, I didn't see this thread until this morning. I believe most of you have already had your recs refreshed on a different thread.

Lori, Gdub, Avi, Paul, David, Thorin, Violet, Louise: you..."

Thank you again KAra, I had noticed that they had magically updated again.

Louise | 19 comments Thank you, Kara.

Darrell Neily | 11 comments Kara,

Please refresh my shelves. Thanks.

Pigletto | 71 comments Can I get a refresh too? Mine haven't updated since April 26th even though I've added books.

Andrea (loverofmusic) mine hasn't updated since the beginning of june reset plz?

message 36: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Amo l'Italia wrote: "mine hasn't updated since the beginning of june reset plz?"

Your recs were refreshed this morning, from a different thread. Do they still look outdated to you?

Jon | 3 comments CAN I ALSO HAVE A RESET?

message 38: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Jon wrote: "CAN I ALSO HAVE A RESET?"

Reset.

message 39: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Please direct future reset requests to the main thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread