The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > Can someone please tell the name of this book?

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

The Nate Gatsby  (macenro) It was about a girl that was adopted off the streets by a detective and she grows up to be a detective, too. The main thing I remember is that she loved old dime store westerns about some hero along the lines of "_____ the kid". I think she was also rich.

message 2: by Almeta (last edited Apr 11, 2012 03:17PM) (new)

message 3: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (Hayes13) | 2061 comments Mod
They stopped looking for gooks a long time ago...

I think Almeta means "What's the name of that Book" ;-)

Diane S. Is it the Mallory series by Carol O'Connell?

The Nate Gatsby  (macenro) Diane wrote: "Is it the Mallory series by Carol O'Connell?"

Yea, I think that might be it!

Diane S. My all time favorite series. Her latest was The Chalk Girl which came out a short time ago.

The Nate Gatsby  (macenro) Do you remember which book I read? It was mainly about the old western novels she read.

Diane S. Sounds like one of the earlier ones but no sorry can't remember which one that was. Punch in the authors name on this site and find her books, maybe you can figure it out by looking at the descriptions. Something else might pop out a you.

Denise M. Hartman | 10 comments Is the series tough or light? The western angle makes me think light, adopted off the streets sounds muy serious. I need a new series to get excited about.

The Nate Gatsby  (macenro) Denise M. wrote: "Is the series tough or light? The western angle makes me think light, adopted off the streets sounds muy serious. I need a new series to get excited about."

From what I remember I'd say it is a mix. From what I remember the main character was kinda crazy, but that was sort of humorous at times.

If you want something similar but light then I'd recommend Monkeewrench

Denise M. Hartman | 10 comments Thanks, I've read too many stinkers lately.

message 12: by Almeta (last edited Apr 11, 2012 03:18PM) (new)

Almeta (MenFromMarrs) | 176 comments Hayes wrote: "They stopped looking for gooks a long time ago...

I think Almeta means "What's the name of that Book" ;-)"

Oh my!!! I hate to correct it. This is too funny!!!!

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Chalk Girl (other topics)
Monkeewrench (other topics)