♥Books, Coffee, Music & Ireland♥ discussion

Movies > TV: The Office and Veggie Tales

Comments (showing 1-50 of 114) (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments Random question about who likes The Office (UK or US) and the classic Veggie Tales series. I am in love with both. Which episodes do you like? Favorite quotes, characters, scenes, silly songs...Do you think the US version of the Office has gone downhill since the loss of Steve Carell? I do.

message 2: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

Alice | 4427 comments Mod
I don't watch the Office. (don't hav 'signal' tv, just movies) but I love watching VT with siblings!!!!! Fav characters: Larry, Bob, Jr., Pa Grape and so many. Lol their all loveable. ;) fav silly songs: hairbrush song. Barbra manatee. The lip song. And I'm sure there's more lol
Fv lines: WAY too many to quote!
"I think we're going to get letters about this!"
O and I really like Kong George and the Ducky lol

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah Madsen (PrincessLeia) | 203 comments I love both. OMG I would not eat cucumbers as a kid for the fear or hurting Larry. I loved all the silly songs! Are You My Neighbor and Where's God When I'm Scared were two of my favorite videos.

message 4: by Soph, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Soph | 2550 comments Mod
i was given some VT videos once , as we don't have them in the UK, and they were great!!!! :D :D :D

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments I love Veggie Tales!! King George and the Ducky was amazing. All the songs are fantastic. Has anyone seen Lord of the Beans (evil sporks) or Jonah: A Veggie Tales movie?
Jonah was a prophet: oou oou!

message 6: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

Ooh Jonah is gr8 too! my siblings are watching Robin Good right now!! Lol
GOD IS BIGGER THAN THE BOOGIE MAN!!!! BILLY JOE MCGUFFY!!! lol <3

Lady Bilbo (Nicole) (NoLivingManAmI) Veggie Tales has been a favorite of mine for a long time and still is! And I've never actually really watched The Office. I think I've seen parts of some episodes.

message 8: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments I just got Top 25 Silly Songs in the mail from Amazon, one of them on there is Pizza Angel and another is Love My Lips :)

message 9: by Lady Bilbo (Nicole) (last edited Apr 14, 2012 12:40PM) (new)

Lady Bilbo (Nicole) (NoLivingManAmI) Pizza Angel is SO good!

message 10: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

Love my Lips is amazing too!
"And I just stood there until the fire dept. came and broke the lock with a crow bar and I had to spend the next SIX weeks in a Lip rehab with this kid names Oscar who got stung by a bee, right on the lip! and we couldn't even talk to each other until the fifth week 'cause both of our lips were SO swollen, and when he did start speaking he only spoke Polish and I only know like, three words in polish, except now I know 4 because Oscar taught me the word for lip- Usta!"
there ya go- something I've memorized by heart. ;)

message 11: by Steph (new)

Steph  | 591 comments I think they are so cute - I have this thing with faces and the characters must have a super cute face and these guys do - they have such humor too you can't stop laughing. I watched the one where the kids were on a bus going to a concert or something and it broke down and they were at a restaurant with the pirates that didn’t do anything…..hysterical

message 12: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

LOL Jonah. ;)

message 13: by Leah (new)

Leah Madsen (PrincessLeia) | 203 comments The cheeseburger song!! Or "O Where,O Where, is my hairbrush?"!

message 14: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments @Alice, I have that memorized too and whenever I hear that song I sing along too! I love the Cheeseburger song!
@Stephanie: You were watching Jonah!

Lady Bilbo (Nicole) (NoLivingManAmI) I love the hairbrush song! Oh, oh, oh, have any of you heard the new one, Bubble Rap, from Robin Good and his not so Merry Men? I love it! But then again, I love all of them!

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily (EmilyMorland) VeggieTales!!!! Hairbrush song!!!

Wow, you people are amazing :D

message 17: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

HAHA thanks Emily! I like VT so I'm amazing! LOL ;D
we JUST bought that movie in Branson, MO, Lilliandil. ;)

message 18: by Steph (new)

Steph  | 591 comments Only the GR Group ha ha ha amazing is what we do....LOL

message 19: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments @Lilliandil: YES! I love The Boyz in the Sink (BITS) especially Belly Button!
Haha!

message 20: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

LOL I just saw it a few min ago. ;) awesome. Jr looks like justin beiber....ew..lol

message 21: by Soph, The Romantic Moderator :) (new)

Soph | 2550 comments Mod
Justin Bieber - eww - agreed!

message 22: by Steph (new)

Steph  | 591 comments double eww with a really?? on the side

message 23: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

totes! he was a teen pop-star epic fail in my opinion.....poor kid...lol

message 24: by Steph (new)

Steph  | 591 comments I just can't get into all that rigmarole with these people today they just bore me with their nonsense and they are all nothing but nonsense

message 25: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

absolutely agree. *rolls eyes* ridiculous. and Hannah/Miley? ....sorry...not. a. fan.! LOL and tay swift and all these young kids who somehow got a-hold of stardom! LOL

message 26: by Steph (new)

Steph  | 591 comments it's the American society – it’s only this way because people feed on it like a drug and it's disgusting and so it just fuels it more and more - thumbs down to TMZ

people need to A) read more and B) stop being so concerned with everyone else’s business because its way beyond just admiring a star and respecting their work it's ....what did they order when they drove through Taco Bell

message 27: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

OH MY WORD I know it! like all these junk filled peoples magazines and stuff when they tell us the most random things that probably arent even truE?!?!?! whats with that?! one of my pet peeves. lol I could go on and on about this! lol
yes! read way more! ;D

message 28: by Leah (new)

Leah Madsen (PrincessLeia) | 203 comments What about Song Of The Cebu?

message 29: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

OOH!!!!!!! love it!

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 406 comments AchooMooMoo!!

message 31: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments "Oh look there's me and Bob at Seaworld!"
"A look, a cebu!"
"Oh wait, that's a water buffalo." ~ Larry the Cucumber

Also fun quote:
"I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob." Larry Boy.

message 32: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

LOL
'why so u need a hairbrush you don't have any haaair???'
Larry was taken aback. The thought had never occured to him!- no hair?! What would become of him? What would become of his hairbrush?!?!?!

message 33: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments Haha!

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 406 comments "See my kitty? I found her in my cornflakes, and she's so preeety!!"

message 35: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

Gah!!!!!! I love that line!!!!!! XD

message 36: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments Has anyone seen The Toy that Saved Christmas? I love that one! Or the sporks from Lord of the beans :)
"You're not a real elf; you're an elvish impersonator! You sicken me, deceitful one!" (Jimmy gourd)

"Oh, like you're a real elf; give the gourd a bow n' arrow and he's a real elf!" (Larry)
-Lord of the beans

message 37: by Leah (new)

Leah Madsen (PrincessLeia) | 203 comments I LOVE that! And Larry's song! "I'm from the IRS" The Viking comes.

message 38: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

Maggie wrote: "Has anyone seen The Toy that Saved Christmas? I love that one! Or the sporks from Lord of the beans :)
"You're not a real elf; you're an elvish impersonator! You sicken me, deceitful one!" (Jimmy g..."

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

or Lyle the Kindly Viking? "And realy TeEeVs!!"

message 39: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments I love Lyle the Kindly Viking!!! I was just on the wikipedia page for the episodes and realized I have watched 95% of the 40 or so episodes. Yep. I act my age :) Very mature. :D

message 40: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

Ikr?
I have not been good at keeping up with the new ones, but the other day I went on YouTube and had a "watch the Silly Songs I've missed" spree.....it was like becoming a kid again! it was SO much fun!!! I found some awesome ones......The Hopperana??.. :D Gated Community, Astonishing Wigs, Monkey Song, and Sippy Cup!!!! XD lol it was *ahem* quite fun. ^_^

message 41: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments Monkey song!
"Uhh...Larry, that's a cow. Not a monkey."
"That was exhilarating!"

message 42: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

LOL
"let's see if we can get it on the tape!" Bob has such a good heart. lol
"if it doesn't have a tale it's not a monkey, if it doesn't have a tale it's not a monkey -it's an APE!"

message 43: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 406 comments ♫"The gated community is where we like to be..."♫

message 44: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

oh my word can't get that out of my head O_o

message 45: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 406 comments "Ze piano...must...go UP!"

message 46: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

LOL XD
"I LOVE THE HOPPERENA!!"

message 47: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments "Pizza Angel, please come to me! Tomato sauce and cheese so gooey"
And....(drum roll please)
"Where have all the staplers gone?! What happened to our paper clips? The ball point pens are gone again!"

message 48: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

oh that last one is AWESOME! :D

message 49: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 316 comments I loved the intro: "The part of the show where Larry comes out and sings an obscure Broadway show-tune....The heart-rending love song, where have all the staplers gone?"

message 50: by Alice, that crazy moderator (new)

LOL IKR?!?!?!?! an obscure broadway showtune!

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread