Goodreads Feedback discussion

Unsolicited Praise > Alice is great

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 210 comments I know some people think she is ugly ... I think they're crazy. Sure, sometimes it's a little annoying that I can't read that new comment I just got an e-mail about, but the illustration itself is excellent. Seeing it always makes me smile.)

(Yes, I am serious, and no, I'm not trolling.)

message 2: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4171 comments Mod
Thanks. Sorry you had to see her!

❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes) (jennevans) | 972 comments While I agree that it would be better to see the page you're trying to access - I agree with Sid - Alice is much more agreeable than a 50x error and I smile when I see her. :)

~♥*Marianna*♥~ (marigam) | 25 comments I enjoy coloring her in photoshop!
Certainly makes the time pass faster!

message 5: by Laima (new)

Laima | 124 comments Who doesn't love Alice!!! Better than Gateway error :)

❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes) (jennevans) | 972 comments Ooohh... just saw the "new" Alice. Very nice - I like the more informative message too. :)

~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~  (leilanilives2read) | 32 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ooohh... just saw the "new" Alice. Very nice - I like the more informative message too. :)"

Ditto.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 3269 comments Assuming there wasn't a whole lot of developer time given to redesigning the Alice page, I like it too. :)

message 9: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Oooh, there's a new Alice? Kind of makes me wish I'd see her.

message 10: by Petra X (new)

Petra X (PetraX) | 5208 comments Annalisa wrote: "Oooh, there's a new Alice? Kind of makes me wish I'd see her."

Shhhh, don't say that. You know you'll see her soon enough!

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 210 comments It's the same image, there's just a bit of additional text I've forgotten right now. (Saw it yesterday.)

message 12: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (odderie) | 99 comments The layout is also a bit more stylized.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope not to see it, no matter how new and improved it is. :P

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 10385 comments I won't mind seeing her - it means they are doing upgrades, which will be a good thing.

message 15: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 11604 comments Mod
Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "Assuming there wasn't a whole lot of developer time given to redesigning the Alice page, I like it too. :)"

Design is more a question of designer time than developer time.

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 3269 comments tx rivka - good point

message 17: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 86 comments Alice is definitely my second favourite downtime graphic, next to my beloved Llama.

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna Matsuyama (AnnaMatsuyama) | 138 comments I recently saw new Alice and still like her. She definitely is not ugly girl. Like the quote too.

unread topics | mark unread