Old Books, New Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > Chat it up my book Worms!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 397) (397 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments What?!!! No activity since Saturday night! That has got to change. Did everyone have a happy Easter? Did anyone else eat ham? I ate ham and will be eating more today, HAM HAM HAM HAM Omnmnmnmnm!!!

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments Wow. Somebody's happy :D Like ham, do you? I actually didn't have ham, but I had bacon, and fruit, and Texas potatoes, and croissants, and biscuits and SAUSAGE GRAVY!!!! It's delicious. And that was just brunch!

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments HAM HAM HAM HAM!!!

I think I could eat a kind of pig for every meal forever and be content. Bacon, sausage, pork, HAM!

We also ate amazing cheese cake and twice baked potatoes and other very yummy food.

Is 18 too old for Easter egg hunts?

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Where did everyone go? Find another group that is more fun? Do share so I can join too.

message 5: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) I'm still here, I just wasn't on for a couple of days. I'm halfway done with a book I started writing Sunday (when I get a really cool idea like this one, I just slam on writing..) and I've been slamming on it. But I'm back on now....:)
Christa, YES HAMAMAMAMAMAMHAM!!!!! I really didn't do Easter though, cause I stayed home from church and helped with sick siblings...so I missed Easter. :( But, my bro brought me leftovers!!! I love him. ;)

message 6: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Here's a peek at what I'm working on, if you were curious as to what's keeping me away from the internet...

message 7: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (last edited Apr 11, 2012 05:43PM) (new)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments I love brothers! I'm sorry you missed Easter, out church Easter service was lame I wish I could have stayed home. But I'm sorry for the younger sibs, I hope they are feeling better now.

Your book sounds intriguing I hope you post the rest of it soon!

BTW cool new picture.

message 8: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Tanks....oh, and I just got the cover for 19 up now...check it out. I think it's pretty cool My mom is a design whiz...:)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I had a good Easter, although we didn't do much.
And yes, Christa, HAAAAAAAAAAAM! I love bacon, too! Ham sure is good, isn't it? ;)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments I could eat bacon with every meal too! I could eat a whole pig at each meal. OK not a whole pig but all the different parts, except head sausage. I cannot get around what that is made of.

Did you get to hunt Easter eggs?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

No, I didn't...unfortunately.

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Awww that's too bad. I got to help my two yr brother but he didn't share any of his candy.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah...it has been a while since I've last gone Easter egg-hunting, but maybe someday it will happen again.

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments The other day my younger siblings did something adorable and hilarious that I thought I would share.

I am standing in the kitchen making breakfast. It is just me and the little kids. The children are sitting at the table waiting for food when I hear this.

4yr boy- Anyone have any prayer request?

(Confused look crosses my face and I listen with interest.)

6yr girl- Yes I do, I pray for the goats and that I won't get hurt today.

(I do not beat my younger sibs, she is talking about falling down and the like)

2yr boy- I pray we can watch a movie today!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL I almost burnt our food.

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Hey Tabi and Veronica, have you heard of "The High Kings"? They are really good I like them a lot.

This is my favorite sing by them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLbje...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

No, I haven't heard of the High Kings before.

LOL, that is funny that your sibs said all that, Christa. :)

message 18: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Little kids are so fun to listen to! No, Christa, I have not heard of them...I'll check it out. ;)

message 19: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments Fun question! Why is the group picture a sink/cabinet thing? Just curious, because I never looked closely at it before

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Ha! Because it was the only "Old" looking picture I had on my computer and I don't know how to down load pictures. You can change it if you want to.

Sorry I hav'nt been on, the last two days have been so nice my whole family has been outside every second.

message 21: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) I've got some nice pictures I could contribute from my old group. I started it, but I'm going to close it down because it's really going nowhere.

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Aw that's too bad. Sure put up whatever picture you want, if it could be something rather old to go with the name of the group that would be great. I reserve the right to change the picture back anytime I want without warning!

Because I'm head Mod and I can do that :D

message 23: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Totally agree. Ok.

message 24: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Ok, I've got this cool design for the canvas behind the picture...so after I've done some Photoshop magic ;) I will put it up. ;)
Stay tuned....lol.

message 25: by Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (last edited Apr 24, 2012 11:16AM) (new)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments OH I love it! Thanks Tabi. It is really nice to have mods that can actually do stuff on the computer. I am useless, a disgrace to my generation. Seriously my nephew knows more about the computer than I do and he is only TWO!!

message 26: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Well, I'm just learning Photoshop...and I made a GREAT profile picture. I'm putting it up right now.

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments OMG! So good, that is excellent! Thank you Tabi! I love it even more!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you, Tabi, for the awesome picture!

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments That's the spirit!

message 30: by Blossom (new)

Blossom | 13 comments Neat, neat, neat!

(LOL I'm still trying to figure this whole Goodreads platform out, so if I appear to not be here much- I'm here, I just don't know *where* I am or what I'm doing)

message 31: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Thanks! I'm going to try to make us a canvas for the group as well. ;)

message 32: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments Blossom, if you ever need help figuring any of it out, let us know! I'm sure anyone hear would be happy to help :)

message 33: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Well, it's up...but I'm going to have to work on it...:/. Not exactly what I made, but it works for now. ;)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments very nice. Thanks Tabi.

Don't worry too much about it Blossem, it took me forever to figure out how goodreads works and there are still some stuff I can't do. Haley or Tabi can probably help you, I would but like I said I'm pretty much useless :D

message 35: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) I know my way around creative writing, finding and reviewing books, and giveaways, but that's pretty much it....but I guess those are the basics on Goodreads. ;) And Blossom, we won't think you're weird if you ask for help...lol. ;)

message 36: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) And it's finally done!!!! Ladies and gentlemen....*drumroll* the photo editing for our group is now complete!!!!
Thank you, thank you, no no, thank you for letting me do it.
Anyway...let me know what you think and if any more editing needs to be done to touch it up...(and now I will use Christa's most famous line...)
Mod out! ;)
(lol I just couldn't resist! ;P ;)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Ha! You are forgiven for using my line because you made such an awesome header. Looks really terrific, thanks so much Tabi. Now it looks like I have a "Hip" group cause you can do stuff on the computer!

message 38: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Hehe. Tanks. ;)
What? And you can't do anything? C'mon Christa you just started this group and keep it running that's all! Think that doesn't count?

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments Nope it don't count at all :D I am very proud of myself though for figuring out how to start a group.

message 40: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Nice...:)

Christa - Ron Paul 2016 (Christa-RonPaul2012) | 3184 comments I voted for the first time today!!! `~YAY~`!! Go Ron Paul!

message 42: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Sweet!!!! :D

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Good for you!

message 44: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) I will just gloat here right now how I've just gotten a book in my library...and no one else has gotten it from the library yet!!!!
I've only achieved this high status once...when I diligently checked the system everyday to see if Clockwork Prince was there yet....and now I've done it twice!!!Hahahaha!
Oh...and the book it The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa...sigh. I'm so dying to read that!!!!!!
Ok, done with my little happy dance...but I just HAD to share my success...;)

message 45: by Haley (last edited May 01, 2012 04:45PM) (new)

Haley | 708 comments Have you read the Iron Fey books by Julie Kagawa? I've only read the first one but I want to read the rest. (And I don't want any spoilers, BTW because I do plan on reading them. I just haven't yet)

message 46: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Oh man!!! Those are SO good!!!! You'll love them...
And yeah, I won't say anything....
Doesn't Puck just crack you up? ;)

message 47: by Haley (new)

Haley | 708 comments I do love Puck! :) I have yet to decide between Ash and Puck though. I'll have to read more...

message 48: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha765) | 46 comments http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash...
Sorry for just barging in a conversation.
But yeah... This is awesome. So HAD to post it. :D

message 49: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Haley wrote: "I do love Puck! :) I have yet to decide between Ash and Puck though. I'll have to read more..."

I'm for Puck...but I will keep my mouth shut as to who she chooses....

message 50: by Tabi (new)

Tabi Card (Tabi_Card) Varsha wrote: "http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash...
Sorry for just barging in a conversation.
But yeah... This is awesome. So HAD to post it. :D"

Ok...that's interesting. Any reasons why you like that? ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Paradise War (other topics)
Little Women (other topics)
Interview with the Vampire (other topics)
The Vampire Lestat (other topics)