The Hunger Pains: A Parody The Hunger Pains question

do some take this as an affense or something to laugh at?
Ultra Graytiger Ultra Apr 08, 2012 07:56PM
i think this was a funny book !i think the writer just wanted to have a laugh or something i dont think it was offensive ?
what do you think?

I wanted to like it, but I found it a disgrace to the Hunger Games name. It was incredibly stupid, so was Kantkiss Neverclean and the other characters. I did not like how the "Gale" character was named "Carol" to pick fun at the fact that Gale's name can also be a girl's name. Pita was a doughy idiot, and Kantkiss, she was just unbelievably stupid. I wanted to chuck this book across the room. But at the same time, in a weird way, I kind of liked it. Is there a easy to give this book an F- and a higher grade at the same time? It was hard to read through the end, but I pushed forward. I may have to read it again to come up with a final answer. Liked it and HATED it for now.

Marisa I agree with you! They made Katkiss so stupid that she was almost to the point of retardation. But I did think that they did do some funny things.The...more
Apr 27, 2012 05:00PM

Catherine (last edited Feb 23, 2013 02:45PM ) Feb 23, 2013 02:44PM   0 votes
I agree completely with J. JaeBloggs. At first I thought it was okay, but the more I read it, the stupider it got, to the point where I threw it across the room. Yeah, I get it's supposed to be a parody, but the Hunger Games has some controversial, important issues that should make it a critical read, not something to be shallowly made fun of and laughed at. What a disgrace. Kanktkiss was so unbelievably idiotic I'm surprised she didn't turn into a dog at the end. Ughh.

Take a joke.

Well, it's a parody. It's supposed to be mocking the Hunger Games.
I finished the book in one sitting. I thought the writing wasn't well written, but some parts were pretty funny :D.
But Kantkiss being an idiot and all, I felt like the whole thing was predictable too. Like, the authors would make Kantkiss say "I loooove this ghost outfit!" and expect it to be a funny moment, but it was like "oh wow, who would have thought Kantkiss would think that...?"
You know how people make a parody movie thing to make out of Twilight...'vampires suck' or something?If they make a movie to make fun of the hunger games, hadfauevbalheulrebavdhabdkjfdaddsjfahj.

the whole time I felt like I was drowning in stupid but I the same time I really liked it and I just don't know how to respond when people ask me about it.

It was funny, well at least I thought. I didn't take offense to it, but thats just me.

I would just say that if your a huge fan of the hunger games (me) than just be prepared for the worst and maybe youll think its okay.

I didn't think it was offensive, but I also didn't think it was funny...

Marisa I agree with you completely. I was good but it could have been better.
Apr 27, 2012 04:57PM

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hunger Pains: A Parody (other topics)