Jennifer L Armentrout Addicts Anonymous discussion

Covenant Series > Oracle's Predictions - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Comments (showing 1-50 of 60) (60 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) | 2200 comments Mod
So Emily suggested this to me and I think it's a great idea.
Remember the Oracle? I don't know what she's called the woman with the visions? Well she made predictions and that's what we are going to discuss in this thread.
I am leaving it to Emily to post the predictions coz I don't have time to go through the books again and find them.

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Grandma Piteri or something weird, right?

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 85 comments Yes the crazy lady Pure: (view spoiler)

message 4: by Emily (last edited Apr 07, 2012 05:43AM) (new)

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments Half Blood (pgs. 86-89)
A boy and a girl, one with a bright and short future, and the other covered in shadows and doubt.
...I remember your momma. She came to me three years ago, she did. I spoke the truth to her, you see. the truth was only for her to hear...Do you wish to hear the truth-your truth? What the gods have in store for you?
Fate is fate, you see. Just like love is love. What's written by the gods will come to pass. Most has already. Such a sad affair when children turned against their makers.
...You need to know about love. The things people will do for love. All truths come down to love, do they not? One way or another, they do. See there is a difference between love and need. Sometimes, what you feel is immediate and without rhyme or reason. Two people see each other across a room or their skin brushes. Their souls recognize the person as their own. It doesn't need time to figure it. The soul always knows...whether it's right or wrong.
The first...the first is always the most powerful. Then there is need and fate. That is a different type. Need covers itself with love, but need...need is never love. Always beware of the one who needs you. There is always a want behind a need, you see.
Sometimes you will mistake need for love. Be careful. The road with need is a fair one, never a good one. Much like the road you must walk down. Beware of the one who needs. Roads are always bumpy, never flat. This one here, she nodded to Caleb, this one has a road full of light. A short road fully of light. Ah roads are always shady. Your road is full of shadows, full of deeds which must be done. It comes to those of your kind. Be careful there child. You be touching nightshade. Very dangerous...much like kisses form those who walk among the gods. Intoxicating, sweet, and deadly...you need to know how to handle it right. Just a little and you'll be fine. Too much...it takes away what makes you who you are. The gods move around us, always close by. The are watching and they are waiting to see which one is revealed to be the strongest. They are here now. You see, the end is upon them, upon all of us. Even the gods have little faith.
Always ears around these parts, but ears don't always hear correctly. You will kill the ones you love. It is in your blood, in your fate. So the gods have spoken it and so the gods have come to foresee it.

message 5: by Emily (last edited Apr 07, 2012 05:49AM) (new)

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments Pure (pgs. 90-92)
Child that rose ain't going to ease your heart. Move on? Let go? Stay on the path your heart has chosen? Ain't nothing easy when the heart has laid claim.
Do you know why the heart lays claim? Survival. That heart lays its claim to ensure survival of it's kind.
Your momma wanted to save you-save you from your fate. If she hadn't, you'd be nothing but a memory and a fear long forgotten. Just like all you who mix the breeds. What they want you two for, what they planned. They fear you, fear what comes from you. I told you, child. I told you that your path was filled with dark things that must be done.
But love, child, love is the root of all that is good, and the root of all things that are evil. Love is the root of the Apollyon.
Listen to me child. Fate is afoot. Things cannot be undone. Fate has looked into the past and into the future. History is on repeat, but this the time to press 'stop'. To change everything.
I ain't nothing no more. You must see what I've shown you. Hear what I have spoken. Nothing is what it seems. Evil hides in the shadows, plotting its plans while you fear the daimons.
You should fear those who follow the old ways. Those who do not seek change and cannot allow things to continue as they are. And what a path, what a path the Powers have chose. The end, the end is near He, will see to it.
You must make a choice between what is fated and what is unknown.
Take the risk or suffer the consequences. You must not accept gifts from those who seek to destroy you.
You must stay away from the one who brings nothing but heartache and death. Do you hear me? He brings nothing but death. Always has. Know the difference between need and love, fate and future. If you don't, everything you momma sacrificed will be for naught.
He is not what he seems. He has them all fooled-has him fooled. Poor child doesn't see it. He doesn't see it, and it has sealed his fate. That one plays both sides. You don't know-you wouldn't know-He-...(view spoiler)

message 6: by Emily (last edited Apr 07, 2012 05:49AM) (new)

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments Ok, that was a job posting all of those. I did cut some text out that really wasn't important to what the prediction was. I hope that everything important still is included. I left out where Alex was arguing with her about not using good, clear sentences, because we know that! Ugh...

I just want to add that there's probably a lot of spoilers going to be listed here--so please take that in to consideration before proceeding.

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) I hate to admit it but I think (view spoiler)

Terri Rochenski | 113 comments Ooooooo that's a goodie, JA. I've thought the same about Leon, but hadn't considered that latter being Aiden. Hmmmmmmm.

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments You should fear those who follow the old ways. Those who do not seek change and cannot allow things to continue as they are. And what a path, what a path the Powers have chose. The end, the end is near He, will see to it.

I think this is the council and Seth will see to the end of it.

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) I don't think it refers to the council in its entirety but rather to those who support the order the downward torch is a symbol for.

Interesting concept re: Seth though.

Terri Rochenski | 113 comments Agreed, Emily.

I think Seth is going to die in that process (in human form only) and become one of the gods. That way we're not upset he's completely gone & team Aiden fans get their wish. Pooh, but that's what I'm thinking.

message 12: by Emily (last edited Apr 07, 2012 05:56AM) (new)

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments J.A. wrote: "I don't think it refers to the council in its entirety but rather to those who support the order the downward torch is a symbol for.

Interesting concept re: Seth though."

Oh yes, I should clarify and say that's what I think too about the council.

message 13: by Nymeria (last edited Apr 07, 2012 06:05AM) (new)

Nymeria (NymeriaStark) | 8 comments Emily wrote: "You should fear those who follow the old ways. Those who do not seek change and cannot allow things to continue as they are. And what a path, what a path the Powers have chose. The end, the end is near He, will see to it."

I think 'those who follow the old ways' are the members of the Order of Thanatos. The 'He', I think, refers to Zeus, while the Powers are all the Gods.
So the Order of Thanatos don't accept the changes desired by Gods.

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments I found this line interesting as I was copy it down
Child that rose ain't going to ease your heart. Move on? Let go? Stay on the path your heart has chosen? Ain't nothing easy when the heart has laid claim.
Because (view spoiler) I wonder if that lines signifies more than just what Alex was doing in the moment.

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Ooooooooh, nice catch, girlie.

Nymeria (NymeriaStark) | 8 comments The one who plays the both sides, should be Marcus or Lucian... and so the child is respectively Aiden or Seth...

message 17: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Emily thank you so much for doing this. *hugs*

message 18: by Rita (last edited Apr 07, 2012 08:04AM) (new)

Rita  (asuebrooks) | 14 comments That sounds like my Seth is going to be bad. He is the one who needs.

Sorry, my reply was for message five. So late.

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) It might be (as Nymeria said) Lucian who's the one not to be trusted (because I don't like him--though, that might be too obvious) and it might be Seth as the child, true. Either way, I think something epic is coming and I really hope it's something nobody managed to figure out so we all kinda go OMG!

Iloveparanormals!! | 51 comments ok so remember at the end of Pure when Alex was fighting the furies and the furie said " What a path, what a path the Powers have chosen. You will be a tool. That is why you're a threat." I wonder who the Powers are. ALSO I remember the oracle saying something about the soul recognizing it's sold mate whether it is good or bad. I think she was talking about her and Aiden. I think Aiden is who her heart wants but she needs to be with seth and her feelings might change once she is Apollyon she might feel like she loves him but its not real. And she might feel like she needs to please him but thats not real either. I think that is what the oracle was talking about. And at the end of Pure where Seth POV when they kissed he says" She was right. It had alot to do with the connection between us feuling the desire. But I didnt care. There was alot to that, a purpose to all of this..." Idk I think Seth might not be as innocent as everyone thinks

Iloveparanormals!! | 51 comments Ok here is the quote about want and need. "The soul always knows...whether it's right or wrong.
The first...the first is always the most powerful. Then there is need and fate. That is a different type. Need covers itself with love, but need...need is never love. Always beware of the one who needs you. There is always a want behind a need, you see.
Sometimes you will mistake need for love. Be careful. The road with need is a fair one, never a good one. Much like the road you must walk down. Beware of the one who needs." I think she is hinting that if she continues down the road with Seth things will go really bad. And the Oracle also said something about history repeating itself but she has the chance to stop it. If she Alex doesnt recognize her desires from Seth and she just does what Seth wants when she becomes Apollyon then it will go bad again.

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Oh, none of us think Seth is innocent. Wherever would you get an idea like that? :p

Shelley | 2 comments the order of thanatos they are the one that have the up side down torch tatoo on the upper arm one is in the council and teacher plus the order of thantos was the one that executed the first two apollyons
i think that seth is not tell alex things because he fear she might be the one that is going to get all the powers and if she found out she would freak and plus seth is in love with her

Iloveparanormals!! | 51 comments No I dont think Seth is in love with her in his pov at the end of pure he said that love was a fickle stupid weak thing. And he said it himself that the apollyon connection between them is alot of what fuels the desire.

❤Rose (◕‿◕✿) (black_rose) | 68 comments Terri wrote: "Agreed, Emily.

I think Seth is going to die in that process (in human form only) and become one of the gods. That way we're not upset he's completely gone & team Aiden fans get their wish. Poo..."

No!!! let aiden die....actually, I take that back....let the concil guy die....wat was his name again???

And Seth HAS to fall in love with her!!!!!! I'm like gonna die if he doesn't......just like i did during sirenspell when she chose...ETHAN???!

message 26: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Rose I can no longer speak to you when you've said let Aiden die.

I am totally with iloveparanormals on this one. Seth is NOT in love with Alex. Maybe he thinks he is but I think it's the Apollyon connection between them not real love.
Whereas Aiden is totally in love with her, come on at the end of Pure he broke the freaking law for her. If you guys can't see that's true love and they are meant to be together then I give up.

Don't get me wrong I love Seth, he's amazing and so funny but nobody really compares to Aiden and it's team aiden all the way

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments Rose wrote: "Terri wrote: "Agreed, Emily.

I think Seth is going to die in that process (in human form only) and become one of the gods. That way we're not upset he's completely gone & team Aiden fans get thei..."

Killing off characters is not the way to end a series, and I hope Jennifer understands that. I didn't finish two other series because they killed off someone in the love triangle, just so they didn't actually have to make a choice. That's just an easy way out. Even if the laws don't get changed so that Alex and Aiden can be together, I still don't feel that Seth is the bext choice. He's not in love with Alex, it's just their connection.

message 28: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

Jennifer has said Seth or Aiden will not die at the end of the series.

Emily, totally agree with ya about Seth. *high five girl* LOL

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 85 comments Yay! yes Emily I think we are on the same series when you said there is one in which the guy gets killed off!

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments Here's some of my thoughts from the Half-Blood predictions

Need covers itself with love, but need...need is never love. Always beware of the one who needs you. There is always a want behind a need, you see.
This is so SETH! (sorry Team Seth) He needs her, that's part of the bond. So what does Seth want that he's hiding behind the need? Also, this supports my theory that Seth doesn't really love her, he's just covering his need with love (or what looks like love).

They (the Gods) are watching and they are waiting to see which one is revealed to be the strongest.
I think this is saying that it may not be Seth who is the strongest. Even though it was the first in the past, is this saying Alex could be the strongest one?

Just a little and you'll be fine. Too much...it takes away what makes you who you are.
Now that I've read Pure, I think this is referring to her drawing her power from Seth. If she takes too much, she'll lose herself.

Such a sad affair when children turned against their makers.
I'm trying to figure out if this is just saying that Alex and Seth will turn against their makers. Or is this referring to Alex killing her mother and possibly having to kill her father in the future (once we find out who he is).

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) They (the Gods) are watching and they are waiting to see which one is revealed to be the strongest.
I think this is saying that it may not be Seth who is the strongest. Even though it was the first in the past, is this saying Alex could be the strongest one?

AH, yes, but does this have to refer to one or the other. What if the strongest is them combined? Not one or the other but both? It's a possibility, right?

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) They (the Gods) are watching and they are waiting to see which one is revealed to be the strongest.

AH, yes, but does this have to refer to one or the other. What if the strongest is them combined? Not one or the other but both? It's a possibility, right?

Nymeria (NymeriaStark) | 8 comments Such a sad affair when children turned against their makers.
I'm trying to figure out if this is just saying that Alex and Seth will turn against their makers. Or is this referring to Alex killing her mother and possibly having to kill her father in the future (once we find out who he is).

I think the makers are the Gods and the children are the pures. I think that some Gods don't like the way pures treat half-blood so they create the Apollyons to rebalance things, while other Gods (Thanatos?!) do not want any change. In Pure is Thanatos who send the Furies to kill Alex.

Jana (The Book Goddess) | 333 comments OCD Kay {K-Books} wrote: "Jennifer has said Seth or Aiden will not die at the end of the series.

Emily, totally agree with ya about Seth. *high five girl* LOL"

Oh I'm so glad! (just curius: when did she said that? I think I've missed it) :)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Someone I know asked her outright and she promised she wouldn't do that to the readers. Doesn't necessarily mean she was telling the truth. Could be throwing us off the scent. But she's definitely said it so I'm hoping she won't. I'd like to see her pull off the more difficult choice. :o)

Jana (The Book Goddess) | 333 comments Thanks! I too hope that she won't..like someone mentioned here, I hate it when an author *coughAndreaCremercough* kills one of the love interest just so the main character doesn't have to choose.

I'm still Team Aiden though (but Seth has grown on me in Pure ;)

message 37: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, JLA Super Fan! (new)

I think if she's definitely said it then it won't happen. I mean if she's said probably not then it's a possibly but I don't think she's promise her fans one thing and then do the other.

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments Jana (The Book Goddess) wrote: "Thanks! I too hope that she won't..like someone mentioned here, I hate it when an author *coughAndreaCremercough* kills one of the love interest just so the main character doesn't have to choose.
..."

That is exactly who I was refering to. The other one is (view spoiler) It really sucks because both of the guys killed off were the team I was on :( It may be tough to make a choice between the two, but other series have successfully done it (Vampire Academy, Shifters, & Dark Swan to name a few) so it can be done without killing someone off.

Krista (KristasDustJacket) | 39 comments Ok - finally finished Pure on Friday, so I'm all caught up. My two cents:

The whole need/love section - you all are right on, I think. Seth needs Alex. He doesn't love her. Never has.

"Two people see each other across a room or their skin brushes. Their souls recognize the person as their own. It doesn't need time to figure it. The soul always knows...whether it's right or wrong." - remember when Alex came to the ball in that dress and Aiden saw her and almost lost it right there? Yeah. Now THAT is love.

"Be careful there child. You be touching nightshade. Very dangerous...much like kisses form those who walk among the gods. Intoxicating, sweet, and deadly...you need to know how to handle it right. Just a little and you'll be fine. Too much...it takes away what makes you who you are." - ok, I'm going to take some liberties with this one. My theory at this point is that the Gods knew there would be two Apollyons. So, they approached Seth before he ever met Alex and struck a deal with him. They don't want him to become The God Killer, right? So, if he does his part to destroy (or at least incapacitate) the second Apollyon, the threat against the Gods is neutralized. Perhaps the Gods promised him something cool to do so. Seth certainly seems to love power and notoriety. And, every time Alex and Seth kiss, strange things happen. Right? I think this is Seth's way of bringing her down so he's the only one.

"He is not what he seems. He has them all fooled-has him fooled. Poor child doesn't see it. He doesn't see it, and it has sealed his fate. That one plays both sides." - I think this refers to Seth. If my aforementioned prediction is correct, and Seth has made a secret deal with the Gods - one even he can't comprehend how much it might affect everything around him - he would have everyone fooled. He is playing both sides. He's being the good little Apollyon, helping fight the good fight and pretending to be in love with Alex. But, he's also working to bring Alex down.

Bottom line, I think Seth is baaaaaaad news. He's going to convince Alex he loves her and then he's going to stab her in the back, all so he can be more powerful. Although, I think this will come back to bite him in the butt. He can't handle the Gods. And, I do think Alex is getting under his skin a little.

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Interesting. Very interesting. Love how everyone's ideas have me thinking.

Emily (Emilyemo) | 45 comments Krista-I love your idea about Seth being approached by the Gods. If he wasn't approached by the Gods, I think someone else may have.

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 85 comments Emily wrote: "Jana (The Book Goddess) wrote: "Thanks! I too hope that she won't..like someone mentioned here, I hate it when an author *coughAndreaCremercough* kills one of the love interest just so the main cha..."

Yeah I hated when she did that. Why did she have to kill him off!!

Calypso | 4 comments Krista wrote: "Ok - finally finished Pure on Friday, so I'm all caught up. My two cents:

The whole need/love section - you all are right on, I think. Seth needs Alex. He doesn't love her. Never has.

"Two peopl..."

i love ur idea but i don't think Seth is faking the love thing cause in Pure he was consantly taking care of her and i think the person who's On both sides is maybe Leon and im totally TEAM SETH( Until Aiden proves that he can control himself srry but i never really like Aiden he seemed to perfect ) And i am almost possitive seth Really likes Alex and cares for her

Yessica (RiCasaragie) | 15 comments Help Aiden win at the YA Crush Tourney!
Here's the link vote today!!!!!!

http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/201...

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) Bridget wrote: "Krista wrote: "Ok - finally finished Pure on Friday, so I'm all caught up. My two cents:

The whole need/love section - you all are right on, I think. Seth needs Alex. He doesn't love her. Never ha..."

Bridget, all through Pure I was a sucker for Seth. However, I've never believed the one playing both sides was Leon. And as for my opinion on Aiden verses Seth? Yeah, Deity has irrevocably altered my perspective on that. ;o)

Calypso | 4 comments J.A. wrote: "Bridget wrote: "Krista wrote: "Ok - finally finished Pure on Friday, so I'm all caught up. My two cents:

The whole need/love section - you all are right on, I think. Seth needs Alex. He doesn't lo..."

SO Are U TEAM AIDEN? cause i Still have to think sadly on that

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) I'm afraid so. I did not think this would be possible. If someone told me I'd be converted prior to reading Deity, I'd have laughed in there face. But, 'tis true. I am an Aiden convert.

Yessica (RiCasaragie) | 15 comments I'm glad ur back from the dark side J.A.!

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) LOL, Yessica.
I think the issue was that I spent most of Pure mad at Aiden. And Seth was just too entertaining.

Yessica (RiCasaragie) | 15 comments I agree I was also mad at Aiden,and Seth is just hilarious.

« previous 1

Jennifer L Armentrout Addicts Anonymous

unread topics | mark unread