The Not-So Austen Bookclub discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
Favourite Series > Divergent

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
This realm is for discussing the masterpiece which is Veronica Roth's DIVERGENT series. Feel free to discuss:

- Tris
- Four
- Factions
- Divergences
- Four
- Your feelings on the novel
- The end of Divergent
- Four
- The happenings in Divergent
- Expectations or what you think will happen in Insurgent
- Fave characters
- Fave moments
- Four...tris. :D

message 2: by Zohal, Co-Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zohal | 1418 comments Mod
I thought Divergent was a really good book. I wasn't expecting it to be so good. The ending was good,as it wasn't dramatic.

The whole concept of this book was AWESOME. Because when you think about it, to be Divergent is to be human in a way. Because the human mind works in more than one way. It's what makes us human.

So when they don't accept those who are Divergent it is as if they are not accepting themselves, thus becoming less and less human. They are limiting themselves to one path whether it be
courage or Selflessness or peace or intelligence.

Also they seem to rely on test results, when results can often be wrong by human error.

So what I'm wondering about this series is will they ever accept the fact that there is more than one path.

message 3: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Isabelle wrote: "I thought Divergent was a really good book. I wasn't expecting it to be so good. The ending was good,as it wasn't dramatic.

The whole concept of this book was AWESOME. Because when you think abou..."

I like how you think they're 'limiting themselves to one path'. I think that, even when 'Divergent' they're still ruled by what they conceive to be the life they should live. Their roles, their traits...they don't ever really look outside the box and think about individuality.

unread topics | mark unread