Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire discussion

Shakespaere's work still lives on?

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mimi Probably, since it is the future of north America. We still have Shakespeare today so why not in the "future" of north America in the book? It makes sense for them to use it.

Kristen Maybe. The majority of people in the Capitol don't strike me as the educated, literary types though.
More than likely, they just know the phrase. We have a ton of phrases today that no one really thinks about where they came from.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if Shakespeare came up with the phrase. He may just be the one known for using it. Before Romeo and Juliet, Tristan and Isolde were the star-crossed lovers. And I'm sure there were others before them. The idea has always been intriguing.

Ellie Marc I doubt they as a whole would know, but there would certainly be some scholars among the crowd that could have coined the phrase for the two. Being richer, they'd have the luxury of proper educations and access to better libraries and even internet with such things. It's not too far-fetched an idea to think they gained the phrase from him or other plays of the past.

message 4: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Shakespeare will live on forever because Shakespeare is Shakespeare and Shakespeare Shakespeare Shakespeare.

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles If you look close enough, Shakespeare is in almost everything.

Charlene Of course Shakespeare's works lives on. His works are amazing!

Tegan Shakespeare is amazing, but those people are soo materialistic that they probably lost the true meaning of his work or what it is, they probably have some high-tech adoption of it so I doubt that they would know the original.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Catching Fire (other topics)