Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > How I can rescue this book?

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandi (last edited Apr 06, 2012 09:40AM) (new)

Sandi At the top of the page you see the rescue button. It takes you to the rescue page where you can fill in the missing information (author, title, etc). If you don't have a copy of the book in question you need to find a link on the internet with trustworthy information (i.e. not a commercial link). You can find out what book it is by looking up the ISBN.

Edit: Huh, I just noticed that all those examples don't have ISBNs. No idea what to do in this case!

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 4789 comments Leave them, the imports that are running may be able to rescue them eventually. We are not deleting any of these yet

message 3: by Sandi (new)

Sandi I doubt that any imports can save books without ISBNs. The best I can think of is to contact the users that have added them, they might be the only people who can find out which books these are.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 4789 comments Sandi wrote: "I doubt that any imports can save books without ISBNs. The best I can think of is to contact the users that have added them, they might be the only people who can find out which books these are."

rivka has indicated on a number of occasions that the imports are still running and rescuing books which is why we are not deleting them

unread topics | mark unread