Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Agrarian Origins of Modern Japan
Book Issues > book with title and author problems

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AK (new) - rated it 4 stars

AK | 2 comments Book title should be "The Agrarian Origins of Modern Japan"

Author is actually "Thomas C. Smith"

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...

thanks!

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Thanks for catching that!

It looks like a lot of Ronald Ted Smith's books may actually be some other Smith....

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul I'm a new author with a new book trying to get it things together on Goodreads. When I go to my profile, it lists 79 books by another author with the same first and last name, which is why I put my middle initial in my name. When I change my name on the profile, it changes all the other author's names on the list of his books. How do I get my own credits for my books started? He is Paul Meier, MD, and I am Paul W. Meier.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael | 241 comments Paul, without knowing which books you've authored it's difficult to separate out yours from the other guy's. Could you please post links to your books here so that they can be disambiguated.

If you aren't sure how to post links, just list the relevant ISBN numbers and a librarian will be able to work on them from there.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 09, 2012 11:28AM) (new)

Paul W. Meier's book is ISBN 9780985285005. "Praying the Gospels with Martin Luther."

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...

There is only one book by that author.

message 6: by Mel (new)

Mel (Soireb) | 224 comments looks like someone took care of it.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

It's still not fixed. If you click on Paul W. Meier's profile picture above, it takes you to his profile with the other Paul Meier's books. If you go to the book "Praying the Gospels with Martin Luther" and click on the author, it takes you to a virtualy blank Paul W. Meier profile, with just that book.

The profile Paul W. Meier is currently using has the wrong books in it. It has his profile info in the box at the top, but someone else's books.

message 8: by Paula (new)

Paula (Paulaan) | 4791 comments Since only GR employees can edit GR author profiles and this profile has 79 books (which will take ages to disambiguate, I suggest that if rivka catches this thread that she could disambigutate using the tool

- Paul Meir's (GR Author profile) to Paul W. Meir (since that is the name on the cover he appears to have published under) leaving the other books under Paul Meir.

Otherwise emailing GR support with the above suggestion so another employee can disambiguate

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Apr 10, 2012 10:05AM) (new)

rivka | 22867 comments Mod
Except only 2 of the 70+ had Paul Meier as primary author, and the disambiguate tool won't work on secondary authors.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 22867 comments Mod
Huh. Looks like someone moved a bunch over to Paul D. Meier (correctly). Cleaning up the rest.

unread topics | mark unread