Editio Self-Publishing discussion

Comments (showing 1-2)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken Consaul | 150 comments Tara wrote: "Does anyone know of good, cheap online courses in self-publishing? Formatting, marketing or just how to build your writing business...any of those would be great."

Here's a link to some formatting and marketing info from CreateSpace. I just registered with them but haven't gone any further with publishing in print. I can't vouch for any of the material in the link but, hey the price is right.

https://www.createspace.com/Marketing...

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Neale (Tara_Neale) | 3 comments For the past couple of years, I have been taking online classes in writing. Most of them are less than $20 and last a month or less. They are in an online forum format.

The problem is that I am outgrowing that site. It seems to focus almost exclusively on how to get your stuff published by the 'man'/publishing industry. I am almost to the point that it it some sort of conspiracy with the publishers since they are always hosting pitch session and the like.

I have found a couple of web-seminars on self-publishing. But 1) they are more expensive and 2) less convenient since most of those are centered around EST (being in London I have to stay-up super late to participate).

Does anyone know of good, cheap online courses in self-publishing? Formatting, marketing or just how to build your writing business...any of those would be great.

I use classes like this as a way of staying motivated to write when my world/life goes crazy. And I would really like to move on to something more relavent to the path I have chosen.

Thanks,
Tara Neale

unread topics | mark unread