Afterwards Afterwards discussion

Who is this suitable for?

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teressa (new)

Teressa Hi, I am a fourteen year old girl, and I am curious about a couple of things. First of, I read a lot of mature books for my age, some of my favourites included: My Sister's Keeper, Ida's Dance, Room, Regine's Dagbok... So, when I ask if it is suitable for me, I mean, are there any very inappropriate sex or violence scenes, extremely excessive swear or rude language or anything else I should be careful of? I prefer deep, sad books, is this any good? And finally, is this the sequel to Sister, which I am also interested in, but haven't yet read?
Thank for your time!

message 2: by Jan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jan Hi Teressa, this is not a sequel and as far as I can remember there is nothing in it that would be unsuitable for your age group. It is a sad book but not depressing, I tend to read thrillers and quite gorey books but I loved this book, sometimes you need to take a break from the murder and mayhem and read something different and I would recommend this, hope you enjoy it.

message 3: by Teressa (new)

Teressa Thank you!

Denise I recently finished this book, and I don't think there was anything inappropriate in it for a fourteen year old. Alternatively, I did not love this novel as much as I loved her first book 'Sister.'

Denise I recently finished this book, and I don't think there was anything inappropriate in it for a fourteen year old. Alternatively, I did not love this novel as much as I loved her first book 'Sister.'

Pamela I agree with others that there's nothing inappropriate in it for a fourteen year old.

I finished the book this morning. Personally, I loved it. I like the author's style of writing; the story; and the way it was told.

message 7: by Ange (last edited May 17, 2012 07:25PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ange Teressa,
I read this a couple months ago and I also agree. I think it's an interesting novel. Like Denise above, I loved Sister, but this one was decent too - I just didn't love it. As far as I remember, there isn't much violence, if any, and there were a couple parts that brought tears to my eyes. If you read it, I hope you enjoy it.

Rita Chapman Hi Teressa,
I read this a couple of weeks ago and loved it. It is very different - quite unique in its approach. I'm looking forward to reading Sister now.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Afterwards (other topics)