Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) Daughter of Smoke & Bone discussion

Will you read the sequel?

Comments (showing 1-45 of 45) (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carole If you where disappointed in this book , will you read the sequel Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor or will you give it a miss?
I think I will read it just to see what happens.

Laura I think I would read the sequel just to read it and see but the first book was not as good as I would have hoped.

Veronica I don't know since its releasing in November which is quite a long time by which time i would have lost interest.

Erica I will read it just because I hate not finishing series. But this book was awful and I don't hate verymany books that are suggested to me.

Anthony Cardenas Hell to the yeah! I loved the first book and I've already pre-ordered the sequel, even though it won't be out for quite a while.

Tracy I throughly enjoyed this book, really looking forward to the sequel. Nearer to the release date I'll re-read it again.

Sharon I totally agree with Anthony and Tracy...this book was awesome! I'm on pins and needles waiting for the sequel.

Sierra I absolutely loved this book. The story, characters, and scenery were spectacular. I cannot wait to read the sequel; I have to find out what happens.

Tammy I loved this book. It had a slow start, but by the end I was disappointed that I did not have the sequel already. It is going to be hard to wait for the next book to be released.

Wayne I would definitely read the next! It was awesome. I wanted to know what would happen to Karou. The release date was quite a long time though. But I'll wait T___T

Shana Simmons I loved this book, it really stick with me I found myself thinking about it often after reading it. Can't wait for the sequel!

Maria YES!! I can't wait 'till the book comes out!:)

Marisa YES! Heck yes! This book was amazing! haha

Jennifer Provost I will absolutely read the sequel!

Rachel I'd heard a lot of good stuff about the first book but it didn't really live up to my huge expectations; I'll read the sequel if I can get it as an ebook from the library.

message 16: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Carole wrote: "If you where disappointed in this book , will you read the sequel Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor or will you give it a miss?
I think I will read it just to see what happens."

I'll read it because I loved the plot of the first book, how it was written from the demon's point of view instead of the angel's, like so many of the other books are now-a-days. However, I was a little disappointed with the second half with how the back story was sooo long. But I am really looking forward to the second book because the cliff-hanger was unbearable!!

sanny I think I'll still read it just to see what happens, even though I don't love any of the remaining characters...I hope the writing gets less daydreamy and more pace and action driven.

Jaden The flashback was the undoing of the main characters for me. At least it made me look forward to more of Brimestone & Thiego. Those two hold much more glamour for me, than the lovey-dovey couple.

So, yes, I will read the sequel, because I'm curious about the unfolding of the story and I hope there'll be no more clich├ęs, but more action, suspense and intrigue instead. Brimestone & Thiego included.

Erica Jaden wrote: "The flashback was the undoing of the main characters for me. At least it made me look forward to more of Brimestone & Thiego. Those two hold much more glamour for me, than the lovey-dovey couple.
..."

See i so agree with you

Cindy I will read the sequel if it gets my interest.

Rebecca Weinstein I really liked the first one. Although the second half, at times, lost my interest because of all the backstory, I think it was necessary to be there. I'm looking forward to the next one. I was disappointed with the end, but knew it was coming. So I just want to see what happens.

Meishuu Most likely. I'm really curious about what happens, and what happened to all the chimeras.

Sandra Um, maybe? I mean probably because I really liked Daughter of Smoke and Bone, despite the kind of disappointing ending.

Rebecca yes i will probably read it

Daphne Rozum I loved the first book, and I have a really hard time finding books that I want to read, because like my father, I can usually tell whats going to happen by the second chapter. I am excited for the second book.

Rebecca Weinstein Meishuu wrote: "Most likely. I'm really curious about what happens, and what happened to all the chimeras."

Me too! I mean, they can't all be dead, right? RIGHT???

Kevina Yes! I can't wait. This book was a great read. It was lovey dovey but it made me believe the story that much more. I can't wait to see what happens.

Nels_cee the end was very annoying...nevertheless the book was awesome cant wait for book2

message 29: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Amazon has the cover of the second book posted now - it looks good

message 30: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana I loved the first book. Not one of my favourites, but definatley something I would recommend! Looking forward to reading the second book.

Arya Svit-kona Eh! It kinda depends. I dont think i would. The thing is that Karou is an awesome character. The only thing is that Akiva kinda destoryed Brimstones world.

Nels_cee Arya Svit-kona wrote: "Eh! It kinda depends. I dont think i would. The thing is that Karou is an awesome character. The only thing is that Akiva kinda destoryed Brimstones world."

yeah...i am kinda of angry with him..

Jennifer Mancini I was not disappointed in the first book. Thought the characters were compelling. Will definitely read Book 2.

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Carole wrote: "If you where disappointed in this book , will you read the sequel Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor or will you give it a miss?
I think I will read it just to see what happens."

No I wont. I didnt like it at all so buying the sequel would be like throwing away money.

message 35: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina It depends, I suppose, on how the writing changes and pacing goes with this book. I want to stomp my foot and say "No! Never again!" But I loved the first half, like many of you. It's just that the second half was torture. I liked Karou. But Akiva was just such a painful character to read.

Marta  Kowalik I'm definitely reading the second book but I hated how the flashback of Madrigal was SOOOOO long! I just wanted to get back to Akiva!

jenna I'll give it a try. maybe it would be better.

Jennifer Mancini Marta the Magical Muffin wrote: "I'm definitely reading the second book but I hated how the flashback of Madrigal was SOOOOO long! I just wanted to get back to Akiva!"

Agreed. Love Akiva.

message 39: by Era (new) - rated it 5 stars

Era Aquino I will definitely read the second book! I just love how Laini wrote this book... One of my favorite;

"Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there's no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic." - Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor

Anthony Cardenas Era wrote: "I will definitely read the second book! I just love how Laini wrote this book... One of my favorite;

"Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there's no actual magic in it, but when you know what you ..."

One of my favorite quotes, too.

Rachael I plan to read the second volume with the kind of demented devotion I have used with other books in the recent past. In one swell foop, as they say.

message 42: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom I'll be reading it for sure. I really loved this book (except) the ending.

Robin - Wicked By Design I agree that the flashbacks were painful. Every time I saw they were still going I would say 'seriously?!' lol but they were at least interesting and I look forward to seeing where she takes the story from here.

Sharmaine hell yeah I will!! I'm just hoping it will be better than the first one :D

Sharmaine Erica wrote: "I will read it just because I hate not finishing series. But this book was awful and I don't hate verymany books that are suggested to me."

what's so awful about the book? just curious.. :)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (other topics)
Days of Blood & Starlight (other topics)