Oh, schnapps! It's a book club. discussion

The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1)
This topic is about The Thief
The Queen's Thief #1 > General Discussion/Questions

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Anne (last edited Apr 02, 2012 06:20PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mary Anne de Lemos (maydelemos) | 128 comments Mod
Welcome to book #2 for the month of April. Apparently, a poorly done Robin Hood film got SK in the mood for some good old thievery. Sounds good to me.

Also, I noticed this book is on a few of our to-read lists so this is our chance!

message 2: by Mary Anne (last edited Apr 08, 2012 03:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Quick question! Sounis is the name of the country as well as the name of the King...correct? The King OF Sounis is also simply referred to as Sounis or did I completely read Gen's meeting with the King and the magus all wrong?

Updated: I just read a little bit more...is Sounis the country or just a city?

Sally (eskeigh) | 55 comments Mod
I had the impression that Sounis was the name of the king in that scene. Need to re-read then, lol.

Sally (eskeigh) | 55 comments Mod
Just did a search and got "city of Sounis", "kingdom of Sounis", "king of Sounis", and finally, "Sounis" as the name of the king.

From the search results it seems like Sounis is the Kingdom's name and also the name of the city (capital?) and also the king's name. Hahaha

Ah, okay but not the name of the country? Confusing...

message 6: by Christine (last edited Apr 27, 2012 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Christine | 2 comments The sovereign is referred to as the country. This is clearer in later books. Only those personally connected, such as a spouse for instance, would refer to them by name. So Sounis is the King of Sounis and the Kingdom of Sounis.

unread topics | mark unread