The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World The Know-It-All discussion

Which Jacobs book is better?

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jt I want to read one of his "humble quests," but I'm not quite sure where to start. I've pretty much narrowed it down between this one and The Year of Living Biblically, which one would you say is better?

message 2: by Ana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ana I prefer The Year of Living Biblically. I feel like in this one he was still figuring out how to write these kinds of books, I guess? The Guinea Pig Diaries is also really funny & a good one to start out with.

Pegysue I havn't read The Year Of Living Biblically, but I loved The Know It All and I want to read all of his other works.

message 4: by Roo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roo Both are good, but The Know It All made me laugh...out loud...when I was alone. That's pretty funny.

Pump The Know it All is brilliant. Great wit and re-readable many times over.

Tracy Walters I just finished Drop Dead Healthy and it was pretty good. He is definitely adept ant weaving serious/witty/personal/informative together. All his books have made me laugh out loud!

Dacia Wilkinson The year of Living Biblically hands down was my favorite. I've read three ... Guinea Pig Diaries and the Encyclopedia one as well ... Biblically wins. He is honest, raw, funny, and much more in depth than the other books. Personally I think he enjoyed this one more as it comes through in the writing.

Jt wrote: "I want to read one of his "humble quests," but I'm not quite sure where to start. I've pretty much narrowed it down between this one and The Year of Living Biblically, which one would you say is be..."

Patrice I loved them all but I never heard of the guinea pig book. I thought I'd have to wait for his next one but now I'm going to look for that one.

If I had to choose one, I think I'd have to go with the Biblically book, just because I'm Jewish and it was more meaningful for me.

Steve I would recommend reading them in the order that they were written. He occasionally mentions his family life and you can follow how his life and his family's life changes.

Biblio Files I like them all, but the Guinea Pig Diaries is good as a sample of the variety of his writing. Rather than embarking on a single project as in his other books, this one has him trying various shorter projects. It's fun.

Patrice That's the only one I haven't read yet and I really want to Thanks for reminding me of the title.

Leslie Andersen I much preferred Know it All; the Guinea Pig book was his weakest one, in my opinion.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World (other topics)