Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > April 2012 Purchases

Comments (showing 51-61 of 61) (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 51: by Thom (new)

Thom Swennes (Yorrick) | 566 comments I've received these from Bol. The Apprentice (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #2) by Tess Gerritsen The Dark Room by Minette Walters Blue Monday by Nicci French The Litigators by John Grisham General James Longstreet  The Confederacy's Most Controversial Soldier by Jeffry D. Wert

message 53: by Thom (new)

Thom Swennes (Yorrick) | 566 comments Another yard of books..... Mirage by James Follett The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Coldheart Canyon  A Hollywood Ghost Story by Clive Barker The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón The Innocent Man by John Grisham The Bourne Betrayal (Jason Bourne, #5) by Eric Van Lustbader Whistle by James Jones The Wire In The Blood (Tony Hill & Carol Jordan, #2) by Val McDermid The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly The Moscow Vector (Covert-One, #6) by Patrick Larkin The Triumph of the Sun by Wilbur A. Smith A Special Valor by Richard Wheeller The only downside in buying books by length is carrying them out the door!

message 54: by Joseph (last edited Apr 24, 2012 06:37AM) (new)

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 1542 comments Mod
Thom wrote: "Another yard of books.....Mirage by Soheir KhashoggiThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson[bookcover:Coldheart Canyon: A Hollywood Ghost Story]The Shadow of the Wind (El cementerio de los libros olvidados, #1) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón[bookcover:The Innocent..."

Thom, this may be an odd question, but exactly how long, as in length, are you buying and how many books fit in that length? The reason I ask is I am trying to figure out about how many bookcases I need for the books I have in storage. My cases' shelves are 30 inches long and I've got about 575 books in storage, a mix of paperbacks and hardcovers. I might be moving soon, so I want to figure out how much space I'll need. Aren't we bibliophiles something? I'm more concerned about wall space for my bookcases in my new house than anything else! lol

message 55: by Cristina (a book away from an episode of hoarders) (last edited Apr 24, 2012 07:08AM) (new)

Cristina (a book away from an episode of hoarders) (succubus77) | 45 comments I just received A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You #1) by Vicki Lewis Thompson Dire Needs (Eternal Wolf Clan, #1) by Stephanie Tyler Wicked as They Come (Blud, #1) by Delilah S. Dawson Dead on the Delta (Annabelle Lee, #1) by Stacey Jay and Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4) by Kevin Hearne today.

But no more for the month... probably.

message 56: by Thom (new)

Thom Swennes (Yorrick) | 566 comments Joseph, here in Holland you often come across book markets that don’t price the books individually but you choose the books you want (paperbacks and bonded). When you go to pay, the books are stacked and measured. Generally the prices are between 10-20 Euros per meter. If your stack is less than the meter, you just pay the percentage. Books come in all sizes and shapes so the number of books can vary greatly. I use “yard” loosely to give on that these books are bought by length and as an expatriated American know the trouble most Americans have in converting into the metric system.

message 57: by Erin (last edited Apr 28, 2012 11:08AM) (new)

Erin Germain (Demiguise) | 83 comments The month is virtually over, and I am happily reading books from my TBR folder, trying to keep it at a manageable level. lol. Here's my list of purchases from the last month:

Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 1 by Shiro Amano Kingdom Hearts, Vol. 2 (Kingdom Hearts, #2) by Shiro Amano Kingdom Hearts  Volume 3 by Shiro Amano Kingdom Hearts  Volume 4 by Shiro Amano Kingdom Hearts  Chain of Memories, Vol. 1 by Shiro Amano Kingdom Hearts  Chain of Memories, Vol. 2 by Shiro Amano A Room with a View by E.M. Forster Pictures of the Past by Deby Eisenberg Prisoner's Base by Rex Stout A Night to Remember by Walter Lord Had the Queen Lived  An Alternative History of Anne Boleyn by Raven A. Nuckols Dracula by Bram Stoker Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen Possession by A.S. Byatt Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #1) by Jana Deleon

message 58: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Preordered Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth.

message 59: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin | 149 comments I have purchased a few this month, Halt's Peril (Ranger's Apprentice, #9) by John Flanagan, The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan, Bumped (Bumped, #1) by Megan McCafferty, The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5) by Michael Scott,

message 60: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Castle | 96 comments No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #19; Were-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
hardcover for $4, love bargain bins :)

message 61: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 1542 comments Mod
My last purchases of April: Demons Are a Girl's Best Friend (Demons, #1) by Linda Wisdom The Summer Palace (The Annals of the Chosen) by Lawrence Watt-Evans The Doctor and the Kid (Weird West Tales, #2) by Mike Resnick Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) by Cynthia Eden

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Far from You (other topics)
The Hero of Ages (other topics)
Graceling (other topics)
Demonglass (other topics)
The Grand Sophy (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kim Edwards (other topics)
Liane Moriarty (other topics)
Lawrence Hill (other topics)