Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

favorite saying from harry potter books.

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Occamy Potter (last edited Mar 31, 2012 02:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Occamy Potter Occamy Molly: NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH

The Weasley Twins' advertisement: "Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who? You SHOULD Be Worrying About U-NO-POO -- the Constipation Sensation That's Gripping the Nation!"

Molly says: "Oh, that's everyone in the family!" And Fred says, "What are Gorge and I? Neighbors?"

OH MY GOD I'VE KILLED HARRY POTTER! - Neville

The whole world of ear-related humor before you and you go for holey

Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.

Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.

Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.

Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.

"Harry had been to several hogwarts feasts,but never one quite like this.Everyone was in their pyjamas,and the celebrations lasted all night.Harry didn't know wether the best bit was hermione running towards him,screaming"you solved it!you solved it"or justin hurrying over from the hufflepuff table to wring his hand and apologise endlessly for suspecting him,or hagrid turning up at half past three,cuffing harry and ron so hard on the shoulders that they were knocked into their plates of trifle,or his and ron's four hundred points for gryffindor securing the house cup for the second year running,or professor mcgonagall standing up to tell them that the exams had been cancelled as a school treat('oh,no' said hermione),or dumbledore announcing that,unfortunately,professor lockhart would be unable to return next year,owing to the fact that he needed to go away and get his memory back.Quite a few of the teachers joined in the cheering that greeted this news.'Shame,' said ron,helping himself to a jam doughnut.'he was starting to grow on me'."

HE GOT OFF" song/dance

"Yeah, Quirrel was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out the back of his head!"

"...I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco

Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..." Ron(I beleive)

Draco: Why are you wearing glasses?
Crab or Goyle( can't remember which one): I was reading.
Draco: I didn't know you could read

"ARE YOU A WIZARD OR NOT?" - Ron to Hermione

"Where is Wood?" said Harry, suddenly realizing he wasn't there.
"Still in the showers," said Fred. "We think he's trying to drown himself.

You'd think people had better things to gossip about," said Ginny as she sat on the common room floor, leaning against Harry’s legs and reading the Daily Prophet. "Three Dementor attacks in a week, and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if it’s true you’ve got a Hippogriff tattooed across your chest."
Ron and Hermione both roared with laughter. Harry ignored them.
What did you tell her?"
I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail," said Ginny, turning a page of the newspaper idly. "Much more macho."
Thanks," said Harry, grinning. "And what did you tell her Ron’s got?"
A Pygmy Puff, but I didn’t say where."

Albus Severus," Harry said quietly, so that nobody but Ginny could hear, and she was tactful enough to pretend to be waving to Rose, who was now on the train, "you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew

"How do you feel, Georgie?" whispered Mrs. Weasley.
George's fingers groped for the side of his head.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm HOLEY, Fred, geddit?"

Give her hell from us peeves

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

Snape looked as though Christmas had been canceled.

Hang on..."Harry muttered to Ron."There's an empty chair the staff table...Where's Snape?"
Professor Severus Snape was Harry's least favorite teacher.Harry also happened to be Snape's least favorite student.Cruel,sarcastic,and disliked by everybody except the students from his own house(Slytherin),Snape taught Potions.
"Maybe he's ill"said Ron hopefully
"Maybe he's left,"said Harry,"because he missed out on the Defense Against Dark Arts job again!"
"Or he might have been sacked!"said ron entousiastically."I mean,everyone hates him"
"Or maybe,"said a very cold voce right behind them,"he's waiting to hear why you two didn't arrive on the school train."
Harry spun around.There,his blach robes rippling in a cold breeze,stood Severus Snape

RIDDIKULUS. This class is ridiculous."

"Practising for the ballet potter?"

"Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother!"

"Percy you're a prefect?!?"
"I think he told us once...."
"or twice..."
"a minute..."
"all summer

ALL MY FAVORTES!!!

message 2: by drew (new)

drew "Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother!"

Allison area 51 wrote: "Molly: NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH

The Weasley Twins' advertisement: "Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who? You SHOULD Be Worrying About U-NO-POO -- the Constipation Sensation That's Gripping t..."

i love ALL of those!!!! :)

Occamy Potter Occamy Kitti wrote: ""Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother!""I love that one!!

Allison I liked just any part with Fred and George...but I especially liked:
"Percy you're a prefect?!?"
"I think he told us once...."
"or twice..."
"a minute..."
"all summer"

Or something like that.... :)

Casey fred or George :"Maybe you'll get another load of dragon poo!"
Percy: "That was very expensive manure sent from (I forget where). It was nothing personal!"
Fred or George, to Harry: "Yes it was. We sent it."

I know that's totally off but you get the general gist.
I love the twins!

Molly: If I hear you've, you've blown up a toilet or something I'll--
Fred or George: We haven't blown up any toilets yet. That is a great idea, though. Thanks, mum!

Allison Casey wrote: "fred or George :"Maybe you'll get another load of dragon poo!"
Percy: "That was very expensive manure sent from (I forget where). It was nothing personal!"
Fred or George, to Harry: "Yes it was. We..."

i love fred and george! :)

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Molly: "Oh, that's everyone in the family!"
Fred: "What are Gorge and I? Neighbors?"

"Give her hell from us peeves"

You'd think people had better things to gossip about," said Ginny as she sat on the common room floor, leaning against Harry’s legs and reading the Daily Prophet. "Three Dementor attacks in a week, and all Romilda Vane does is ask me if it’s true you’ve got a Hippogriff tattooed across your chest."
Ron and Hermione both roared with laughter. Harry ignored them.
What did you tell her?"
I told her it's a Hungarian Horntail," said Ginny, turning a page of the newspaper idly. "Much more macho."
Thanks," said Harry, grinning. "And what did you tell her Ron’s got?"
A Pygmy Puff, but I didn’t say where."

Severus: "do you remember me telling you that we are practicing non-verbal spells today, Potter?"
Harry: "Yes,"
Severus: "yes, sir!"
Harry: "there's no need to call me 'sir' Professor."

I love Fred and Georges jokes, but there's too many of them to write down!

Sarah "Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..."
"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically.

"I don't know who Maxime thinks she's kidding. If Hagrid's half-giant, she definitely is. Big bones... the only thing that's got bigger bones than her is a dinosaur."

"Well, I had one that I was playing Quidditch the other night," said Ron, screwing up his face in an effort to remember. "What do you think that means?"
"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something," said Harry, turning the pages of The Dream Oracle without interest.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna seriously. "It's often infested with gargles."

"So top grade's O for 'Outstanding,'" she [Hermione] was saying, "and then there's A-"
"No, E," George corrected her, "E for 'Exceeds Expectations.' And I've always thought Fred and I should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams."

Allison Sarah wrote: ""Well, I had one that I was playing Quidditch the other night," said Ron, screwing up his face in an effort to remember. "What do you think that means?"
"Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something," said Harry, turning the pages of The Dream Oracle without interest. "

That one is my favorite!!!! :)

Sarah Even in the darkest of times, all one needs to do is to turn on the light.
Albums Dumbledore

Danielle I like when ron is calling the first years over and he's like
"Midgets!"
lol

Ascel kadhem "Always."

Sheba Blake Publishing Harry Potter saving his godfather in Prisoner of Azkaban: "EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!"

Sarah "That's because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon, Ronald."
- Hermione

Carly My all time favorite quote:

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” - Dumbledore

Occamy Potter Occamy Carly wrote: "My all time favorite quote:

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” - Dumbledore"

nice

Laerke Dudley thought for a moment. It seemed like hard work.

"The dementors send their love, Potter!"

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."

"Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?"

Occamy Potter Occamy Sophie wrote: ""You're a prefect? Oh Ronnie! That's everyone in the family!" [Molly Weasley]
"What are Fred and I? Next door neighbours?"
Lol this one is hilarious."
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon One of my favourite exchanges is this one between Harry and Dumbledore, from Half-Blood Prince:

"I hear that you met the Minister of Magic Over Christmas?"
"Yes," said Harry. "He's not very happy with me."
"No," sighed Dumbledore. "He is not very happy with me either. We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on."

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (other topics)