The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about The Red Pyramid
Group Book Of The Month > Challenge No#2: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Challenge question to start off:

DO YOU THINK (BY THE END OF THE BOOK) THAT THE EGYPTIAN GODS ARE EVIL OR GOOD? OR ARE THEY NEUTRAL, AND IF SO, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

I look forward to hearing your opinions! Some of the highlights will be posted on the blog!

message 2: by Isabelle, Co-Moderator (last edited Apr 10, 2012 09:18PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Isabelle (Potterwholockian) | 1418 comments Mod
I say well I am not sure because like some of them I find evil but then others I find not evil, so I have no idea.
This kind of reminds me of *secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel*

SPOILER ALERT
Only because I never know if I find the elders good or bad like some I find good at times and then bad and then others are just plain bad.
I am still kind of confused with the whole Isis and Osiris being Sophie and Josh's parents as well as John's masters, because it is like does that mean that their parents are evil or that they are good

message 3: by Isabelle, Co-Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Also i like the first book better than the 2nd

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments I think there is definitely a mix of both, good and bad. Bast was good, Apophis was bad. So I don't think that there can be a definite conclusion as to if they are good or bad overall.

message 5: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olivia wrote: "I think there is definitely a mix of both, good and bad. Bast was good, Apophis was bad. So I don't think that there can be a definite conclusion as to if they are good or bad overall."

Nice answer! I think Set is also weird too - he's evil but he's still not THE greatest evil you know?!

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Booknut wrote: "Olivia wrote: "I think there is definitely a mix of both, good and bad. Bast was good, Apophis was bad. So I don't think that there can be a definite conclusion as to if they are good or bad overal..."

I agree. Set is another example of why it would be so impossible to say that the gods are good or either, because Set is both, in a way.

Kristi~Lost in My Own Head~ (derek1) | 46 comments I believe that they are nuetral. They show good qualities, yet they show that they can be evil if they truly wan to be. In a way, they're like ordinary people in the real world. People arent just good or evil, its what they choose to be

message 8: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristi wrote: "I believe that they are nuetral. They show good qualities, yet they show that they can be evil if they truly wan to be. In a way, they're like ordinary people in the real world. People arent just g..."

The last sentence of yours is totally quote worthy!:D

Anna Wood-gaines (AnnaBanana13) | 1674 comments i agree! that was brilliant :)

message 10: by Isabelle, Co-Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

That quote reminds me of Harry Potter 5 when Sirius tells harry that there is no such thing as good or evil people just the path that they choose to take

Kristi~Lost in My Own Head~ (derek1) | 46 comments *face turns bright red in embaressment* Thanks guys. I think its the writer in me.

message 12: by E.E.S. (new)

E.E.S. (classicsvariety) | 48 comments Booknut wrote: "Olivia wrote: "I think there is definitely a mix of both, good and bad. Bast was good, Apophis was bad. So I don't think that there can be a definite conclusion as to if they are good or bad overal..."

I fully agree with both.

Loegwen | 59 comments What's the point of saying it since Olivia has already captured it?
Nice job Olivia!

Olivia (DrBrennan17) | 1948 comments Eva wrote: "What's the point of saying it since Olivia has already captured it?
Nice job Olivia!"

Thank you:)

unread topics | mark unread